12 3.43%
  • Shaman

73 20.86%
  • Priest

15 4.29%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Deleted
    i donno, i killed mahself hiting a good geared prot pala with enginered shield that did damage when struck, shield spike and ret aura as a rogue alot back in the days :S
    Last edited by mmoc6ecdc2b60d; 2011-07-27 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    Rogue, hands down. Mage was rather amusing for pom pyros but rogues had an upper hand regardless of gear. Those 24 second stunlocks were excruciating....

15+ Year Old Account
    pompyro - saygg
    unstoppable swordspecc - saygg
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lajkko View Post
    Might not be very accurate, but I remember it like this: Rogue > Lock > Arms=2h Enh > 3 min Mage.
    Locks only became OP when the felguard was released two weeks before TBC came out.

I raided with the felguard in Molten Core when he was very first introduced to the game. It was like playing with Robocop. Seriously, the Felguard never died and he hit like a 100 tonne arctic truck driving into a snowman.

PVP was even rediculous. The felguard could literally take out mage after mage after mage by himself without any warlock assistance. Mages got severely screwed by warlocks at this time.

Before this though, locks sucked.

Rogue was the most op class. Permanent stunlock with no way out. Naked rogues were often seen raping other classes who literally sat in stunlock for minutes on end until they finally died.

trololo macespec

and rogues, remember seeing videos of naked rogues using L1 white daggers killing people

Deleted
    Rogues, whoever forgot how OP they were, rewatch World of Roguecraft, with naked rogue (equipped white weapons) steamrolling through Rank 14 players, regardless who it was.

Deleted
    31/8/12 rogue.
    Best time I ever had in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    Warriors, rogues and mages were the only grandmarshals i saw in my day.
    i knew a priest who had Highwarlord.

Quote Originally Posted by corblimey111 View Post
    Locks only became OP when the felguard was released two weeks before TBC came out.

I raided with the felguard in Molten Core when he was very first introduced to the game. It was like playing with Robocop. Seriously, the Felguard never died and he hit like a 100 tonne arctic truck driving into a snowman.

PVP was even rediculous. The felguard could literally take out mage after mage after mage by himself without any warlock assistance. Mages got severely screwed by warlocks at this time.

Before this though, locks sucked.

Rogue was the most op class. Permanent stunlock with no way out. Naked rogues were often seen raping other classes who literally sat in stunlock for minutes on end until they finally died.
    That's so wrong. Locks could sac VW get a shield instant fel domination resummon another for another shield later. By doing this you could never lose in a 1v1 situation. What was more fun was using The Black Book Trinket with Imp with improved firebolt spec. It pumped out way more damage than Felguard ever could. The only flaw with the imp is he could run out of mana sometimes, lol. Still, The Black Book with any pet was punishing especially as soul link! /use The Black Book, Dot dot dot drain life = dead opponent. Seriously I usually had to use drain life because my pet and dots would kill my opponent before I had the chance to shadowbolt...

Deleted
    Rogues. Ahh a class that went from hero to zero (most played to least played), the wonders of the new RNG system. :/

Deleted
    To those who say rogues werent the most OP class

Deleted
    Idk what it is but eventho it wasnt the most balanced time , vanilla wow was just special.
    And i mean the good kind of special.
    Sure pvp wasnt balanced but it was a butload of fun and classes actually felt different.
    Nowadays its just everyone havin poop burst and more "substained dps" and everyone has some form of CC or anti CC its just so bland compared to vanilla.

Sigh .. i want a time machine ,_,
    Rogue+WF shaman where the shit tho

Its too hard to name one class as the most OP. OP classes shifted around a lot during vanilla. I'll list em off how I remember them, but there's always going to be more than I remember.

Warriors with the original Unstoppable Force (punt mania). Or crusader enchant stacking for fury leading to 3k+ heroic strikes from a 1her. Or an untamed blade enchant + crusader leading to some very nasty hits. It wasn't uncommon for a sword spec proc to put a clothie out of his misery.

Mages with ToEP and the ZG Trinket throwing out 2 shots, or actual 1 shots with berserking.

Shamans with the same trinkets throwing out MULTI 2 shots off CL + LB. I remember at the end of the xpac having me + another warrior die to it. We both got hit by CL, one of us gets hit by LB dead. Then he pops NS LB and finishes off the other. There was another trinket in ZG that increased the damage of lightning shield by around 50%+ if I remember right, so they could actually 3~4 shot melee without doing anything but having lightning shield up. I remember watching a rogue pull off a stunlock and killing himself as he landed a 5 point kidney shot. 2k+ hits from the shield. Not to mention enhancement, it wasn't just Sulfuras that could people people down. I remember my priest being 1 shot with a 2h mace from ZG, something Jeklik. It could proc extra hits, and those hits could proc off windfury. I get hit once and hit the dirt, and look at my combat log and see about 5+ hits going off at once.

Rogues had their stunlocks, and sword ambushes thanks to a macro.

Locks could put people into negative resistances (extra damage), and all of their pets minus the imp were a nightmare to deal with. Actually the imp was a pain if they had some trinket out of BWL, where the imp would start fireballing people for 500 a hit every second in addition to what the lock was doing. Locks were pretty nasty, vs warriors they could just spam seduce to set you up for a 1~2 shot shadowbolt thanks to negative resists. Thankfully not too many locks used the succy or exploited resistances. When the felguard was introduced just sending that thing against a caster alone was usually a death sentence.

Hunters could just keep hitting you with traps if you were melee with no real way out. They had gigantic deadzones, but the ones who knew how to kite and trap were a nightmare to deal with, especially ones who would get elevation on you. I still have nightmares about dueling a hunter outside of IF, and then having them trap kite me all over the place only to end up with them on top of the tank nuking me down. NE hunters could also shadowmeld + aimshot.

TBH I don't remember too much about paladins, never really fought against them.

Spriests melted faces. Can't comment on the other 2 specs.

I don't really remember too much about druids, never really faced them that often. Other than them being hard to catch, which has always been the case with every expansion.

1) "Paladins pre-reckoning hotfix" is void, as no one PvPed like that. The movie showed, is a fluke, obviously. It never happened in actuality

2) Ret was awful in pvp, Prot was the best defensive specc, healing specc and damage specc. Prot wasn't horrible in pvp, the rest of their speccs were.

3) @ On-topic. Hunters and Shadowpriests were the most overpowered pvp-classes. Hunters post-1.7, of course. Shadowpriests, consistently.
    (I did play Hunter, even before 1.7.)

Deleted
    lol at peoples saying "enhance shamans that got lucky" you have obviously not played a shaman during vanilla, you know that stormstrike automaticlly procced windfury right?(it didnt say in the tooltip but it procced WF none the less everytime and it was on a 20sec cd, and WF could proc WF which could proc WF etc etc, myself where such a noob back then that i played enhancement but with a staff and "healing" gear, in litterally just went oneshotting ppls every 20sec AND if i got lucky on normal melee swing, and yeah saw quite alot enhancement high warlords

There was a bug back then where ret pallies could unload a lot of procs on 1 person and 1 hit them.

Also, even resto shamans with a 2h weapon like unbreakable force and WF could do some damage.

Deleted
    best time ever when i saw the sparks around a mage loading up the good old pom+pyro combo just to 1-shot himself against my http://www.wowhead.com/item=18638/hy...lame-reflector , that was fun

Deleted
    Rogues and Mages

Deleted
    During Vanilla I played enhancement shammy with hand of Rag so yes I will admit we were bloody strong if the RNG was on our side. (Windfury smackdown any player before they dismounted was fun)

The most OP class in pvp though had to be Rogues (no dr stunlock to death, and Spammable sap) they got the drop on anyone except an Orc Warrior (old stun resist ftw) they would get the kill.

We also had a Pom Pyro 3 minute Gnome mage on our realm who was really overpowered, he would hide out in the vegitation to avoid being targeted and then one shot anyone as they walked past. The engineering flame reflector came in handy against him one day...