Thread: Healbot

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Healbot

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Grid - One of the 2 most commonly used raid frame mods. It requires some setup to get it how you want it but it is well worth the time and your options are really endless.

• Priest AoE - This addon has had the biggest impact on Grid in my opinion. It shows you, via an icon, color or text that you place, who is the best target in your raid and each party to cast PoH and CoH on to gain a threshold of healing that you can set. This is absolutely amazing in settings where the raid is somewhat spread out and you, obviously, want to hit as many people in the party as possible, this will help make that happen.
    • Mana Bars - It's always a good idea to track the mana of your fellow healers so you can help them out, use Hymn of Hope at a prime time, etc. I suggest making this bar rather skinny so it is not too obtrusive in your quest to keep health bars from reaching 0.
    • Side Icons & Corner Icons - Track as many things as you can. PoM, Renew, PW:S, WS, PS, GS, Rejuv, Regrowth, Lifebloom, Riptide, Earth Shield - by tracking other healers' buffs and hots you will become more of a team player within a raid by not, inadvertently, sniping their hots. It is also useful to see, ok this tank has no hots I better prepare to heal him, etc.
    • Raid Debuff - This addon, usually, adds raid debuffs automatically to center icon so you are aware who has important debuffs.
    • Status Hots - Shows colors or timers via text for hots.
    • Heal Trace - Shows via icon, text or color who is being healed by your AoE spells. I have found this addon to be great with CoH and Divine Hymn tracking - I'd also suggest showing the Divine Hymn +10% healing buff as an icon, color or text to one of your available areas to best make use of DH. For CoH it's great to see how many people and who you are actually healing with it instead of just assuming it's doing a good job.

Clique - A great tie in with Grid and other raid frames. This addon allows you to easily create mouseover and click cast combination heals. I highly recommend using at least mouseovers for all of your spells as it can greatly increase your healing throughput and ability to save lives. Yes, in the long run that 0.5 sec you are saving by using mouseovers/clicks adds up over clicking a person then hitting a keybind. Make sure your most commonly used spells such as PoH, CoH and PoM are very easy to hit as well as your important cooldowns such as Guardian Spirit.
    Or ... just use HealBot Continued

I prefer Grid/Clique over HealBot even though a lot of HealBot's old issues have been fixed, I am still a diehard Grid/Clique healer, if it isn't broke, don't fix it

I honestly cannot bring myself to recommend HealBot to anyone, sorry!
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Healbot. Sorry, excuse me. I think I just vomitted in my mouth.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

This prob is not the best place to ask this, but since other people brought it up I figured I would ask. My understanding of Healbot was that it tells you what you should cast next... so basically aside from the fact you have to still actually cast the spells it pretty much does all the thinking for you. Is this not accurate? Oddly enough the healbot site seemed rather unhelpful in this regard ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    This prob is not the best place to ask this, but since other people brought it up I figured I would ask. My understanding of Healbot was that it tells you what you should cast next... so basically aside from the fact you have to still actually cast the spells it pretty much does all the thinking for you. Is this not accurate? Oddly enough the healbot site seemed rather unhelpful in this regard ><
    Healbot is basicly the same as vuhdo and grid + clique. ( just raidframes with a click to heal menu )

Healbot

Quote Originally Posted by Qynix View Post
    Healbot is basicly the same as vuhdo and grid + clique. ( just raidframes with a click to heal menu )
    Yeah, the whole "Healbot heals for you" is a myth. There are some settings akin to decursive & OOC casting, but that's it. That being said, I find it an inferior option to VuhDo or Grid+Clique. I, personally, use VuhDo.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up for me

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Yeah, the whole "Healbot heals for you" is a myth.
    To be fair, it's less a myth and more a historical reference. Healbot actually did pick spells for you back in the dark ages of TBC when such was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    To be fair, it's less a myth and more a historical reference. Healbot actually did pick spells for you back in the dark ages of TBC when such was possible.
    Yeah, but that was super, super early in its development, and wasn't very good at "picking" right. Did anyone ever use it to any good effect with that setting?

Yes Healbot *did* select the best 'rank' of the spells to cast, but that was back in vanilla wow, just like decursive would select if it was either a magic, a curse, a disease or a poison... and the same way as there was an addon (I can remember the name) that would actually cast any spell in your spellbook depending on the situation (all you had to do was to make a few IF > THEN > ELSE clauses and it could do everything for you (all you had to do was move the character, it was that OP, but it was also legal since wow allowed it..)

That being said, ever the release of TBC that is no longer possible, and so comments like "Healbot. Sorry, excuse me. I think I just vomitted in my mouth." makes you look like a douche troll of a veeeery misinformed person.

"Healbot continued" does EXACTLY the same as all the addons I quoted in my fist post combined, but in a single configuration panel, and yes I recommend it to everyone that doesn't want to take a 30m to 1h to configure all of those, and If you want I can make my keybinds available to you guys if anyone wants (I don't use the default ones)
    Last edited by Milton; 2011-07-27 at 04:12 PM.

Yeah, but that was super, super early in its development, and wasn't very good at "picking" right. Did anyone ever use it to any good effect with that setting?
    It tried to cast different ranks of Greater Heal, depending on your target's health deficiency at the time you pushed the button. It wasn't worthwhile because it couldn't account for any incoming damage that might happen before your heal landed and it was generally better to either just spam rank 4 GH which had the highest efficiency or play the /stopcast game with max rank GH, cancelling heals until the tank fails a dodge/parry. Grid was still the superior raid frame add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton View Post
    "Healbot continued" does EXACTLY the same as all the addons I quoted in my fist post combined, but in a single configuration panel, and yes I recommend it to everyone that doesn't want to take a 30m to 1h to configure all of those, and If you want I can make my keybinds available to you guys if anyone wants (I don't use the default ones)
    It does it the same way that RC Cola does the same thing as Coca-Cola. Yes, they both make carbonated, cola soft drinks.

VuhDo is a superior product for the "all-in-one" healing raid frame in the place where it counts the most. It assimilates and displays data noticeably faster.

Grid also does this well, which is why they are both acceptable add-ons, and why HealBot has fallen into RC Cola status.

Quote Originally Posted by Denae View Post
    It tried to cast different ranks of Greater Heal, depending on your target's health deficiency at the time you pushed the button. It wasn't worthwhile because it couldn't account for any incoming damage that might happen before your heal landed and it was generally better to either just spam rank 4 GH which had the highest efficiency or play the /stopcast game with max rank GH, cancelling heals until the tank fails a dodge/parry. Grid was still the superior raid frame add-on.
    I used Perfect Raid back in TBC :P

---------- Post added 2011-07-27 at 05:22 PM ----------

It does it the same way that RC Cola does the same thing as Coca-Cola. Yes, they both make carbonated, cola soft drinks.

VuhDo is a superior product for the "all-in-one" healing raid frame in the place where it counts the most. It assimilates and displays data noticeably faster.

Grid also does this well, which is why they are both acceptable add-ons, and why HealBot has fallen into RC Cola status.
    Thank you Spiritus
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Healbot was around in vanilla

---------- Post added 2011-07-27 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Milton View Post
    That being said, ever the release of TBC that is no longer possible, and so comments like "Healbot. Sorry, excuse me. I think I just vomitted in my mouth." makes you look like a douche troll of a veeeery misinformed person.
    No, it sounds like someone who has a disdain for Healbot. Same way the smell and taste of cooked spinach makes me vomit in my mouth.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved for ya

It's going to be out of order, but not much we can do about it since it's based off timestamps. If anything else needs to be moved, you want me to change the OP or title just PM me. =]

Also yes, Healbot was around in Vanilla. It was the 1st main set of healing frames with Grid only really becoming popular in BC.

Healbot in vanilla did pretty much do your job for you, since back then we used different ranks of spells. Healing addons no longer heal for you in the least, but hardheaded oldschoolers or the ignorant still like to use it as an excuse on why they use no frames.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-28 at 05:16 AM.

What I like in Healbot is the smartbuff and res. You can spam left click to buff people.
    AFAIK GridCaster can do the same, but since it can't recognise single buff and group buff I stop using it.
    but I never try with cata where we have only group buff. Please corrected me if there're any update.

Deleted
    there are some differences between healbot and vuhdo , for example : how many debuffs can u see with healbot in the same time on 1 person ? i tell u how many : 1 , with vuhdo u can set the number of debuff that will show u in the same time on 1 person . Duno about grid , i didnt use grid at all , but vuhdo has a strong debuff configuration that make vuhdo 100x more superior then healbot . I changed healbot with vuhdo for about 2 months ... and i'm verry happy , and i love it. I think vuhdo does the same thing as grid + grid_other_addons.

Deleted
    I just can't unterstand why some ppl still doesn't heal with Vuhdo. It's the best by far...

Deleted
    I've tried most of these addons but I keep going back to healbot, I'm too used to how it displays my spells on a target with the exact spell icon and little timer. With Grid I couldn't get used to only using little colored boxes plus the placement from what I could tell was always around the edge, I know you could probably configure grid to show icons but I could never get it right.

The plus for using grid and clique over healbot is that clique allows you to set non mouse keys to mouse over unlike healbot which only accepts mouse buttons + modifiers ( shift / alt / ctrl ) so for people like my self with only 5 keys or less on a mouse clique allows you to expand your key binds without overloading single keys to loads of modifiers.

vuhdo I found to be almost the same as healbot in terms of setting it up but again it didn't display the information the way I wanted it or at least the way I was used to.

A side note about smart buff on healbot ugg I used it once a player died mid fight my next cast as he was ressed was a buff costing me a gcd loads of mana and another dead player
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-07-28 at 08:05 AM.