Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I sold two Gigantiform bracers

Valor bracers x 2 = 1250 VP
    Obsidium Cleaver = 2500 VP!!!111

I also sold a crapton of 365 BS items, so I could buy another Cleaver, but for right now I think I'll just join the next trash group forming.

I solo'd trash on the weekends and before raid for two weeks. The cleavers never dropped, but I got like 8-10 other drops. Sold what I didn't want, bought the cleavers and still have a small fortune to show for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    I sold two Gigantiform bracers

Valor bracers x 2 = 1250 VP
    Obsidium Cleaver = 2500 VP!!!111

I also sold a crapton of 365 BS items, so I could buy another Cleaver, but for right now I think I'll just join the next trash group forming.
    Bracers only sell for around 5k on my server and the cleaver about 25-30. Got my other one just bought it for 25k not bad since I got the first for free. Still might go back and farm trash with a friend for gold.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    I'm a 525 JC and I've never found it to be a lucrative profession.

What do you sell?
    Prospecting ore cutting gems D/E the jewelry & sell mats or make scrolls with em. Massive profit... best part is you don't even need to leave town with those 2 professions to get rich as fuck.

How many alts you have? Im leveling a DK (Since it starts at 55) as my first alt so I can get Valor on him at 85 and just sell bracers each week. The bracers are 15k on my server so.....

1 week 980 Valor: No gold
    2 week 1860 Valor: 15k gold
    3rd week 1590 Valor: 15k gold
    4th week 1320 Valor: 15k gold

So in 1 month, that is 45k gold from an alt to do 7 dailies a week. Not too bad. Specially if you consider an average of 100g per those runs, that is an additional 2.1k

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    How many alts you have? Im leveling a DK (Since it starts at 55) as my first alt so I can get Valor on him at 85 and just sell bracers each week. The bracers are 15k on my server so.....

So in 1 month, that is 45k gold from an alt to do 7 dailies a week. Not too bad. Specially if you consider an average of 100g per those runs, that is an additional 2.1k
    that sounds like an awful lot of work for only that little gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post

Tooo much work, if you want gold farm trash, 0/7 and pull as much as your skill can handle. Just over 300k in 2 evenings farming was enough for me

it probably doesn't help, but i got my first the 1st day of raiding, and my second the 2nd day... then they nerfed the BoE droprates and haven't seen a single one since...

maybe you should just buy it? (i wouldn't unless i had like 100,000g)

I don't really care what you call me, you can even call me cold...

Quote Originally Posted by Domenik View Post
    Solo the trash
    do believe, according to wowhead, raid has to be on 25Man for them to drop.. I think they just changed that, but wowhead could be wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    I win for 5 dkp
    dkp? ;o thought that was outdated!

Grats tho, I was lucky the first couple of days to get my cleavers from trash runs Until I started to solo it.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealpup View Post
    The epics drop rate is quite high.
    unless you actually do it then realize this is not true.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    do believe, according to wowhead, raid has to be on 25Man for them to drop.. I think they just changed that, but wowhead could be wrong
    No. Someone in my guild was farming last night and got one of the cleavers to drop, among other things, from a 10m raid ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

If your guildbank is rich try asking them to buy you cleavers. It's worth it since the upgraded ones are BiS.
    Kerathane Main DK

I've yet to see a single one drop on a raid but have been very casually farming the trash.

I do maybe 1-3 clears of the scorps/turtles/hounds in an evening. I've sold the 2 drops I got for enough to buy a cleaver at 25k. I'll keep on going but probably wont bother buying another as it doesn't seem worth it for offhand. I've made myself a 365 axe for offhand and will use that until I get a drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzuri View Post
    [...] and will use that until I get a drop.
    Actually there's no one hand strength weapon bossdrop in firelands. Unless you want to use an agility or the tanking weapon you'll have to use two cleavers.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...rs=1:3;crv=0:0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Actually there's no one hand strength weapon bossdrop in firelands. Unless you want to use an agility or the tanking weapon you'll have to use two cleavers.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...rs=1:3;crv=0:0
    yes its wonderful to steal from tanks. if you use that in the mean time (meaning the tank simply doesn't need or want it) then the dps alone is worth it but the cleavers are simply the best (and really the only dps type) but the dodge to haste is ok to use (temporarily)
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

Bracers only sell for around 5k on my server and the cleaver about 25-30. Got my other one just bought it for 25k not bad since I got the first for free. Still might go back and farm trash with a friend for gold.
    I sold mine for 18k a piece

I really don't have time for FL trash, I log maybe 1 or 2 hours a day, mostly PvP, so I just try to craft BS 365 items and sell for profit on AH, then buy cleavers. My realm think it's cool to spike the Cleaver's price to 60k though, since crafters have a fat amount of gold nowadays >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    My realm think it's cool to spike the Cleaver's price to 60k though
    Exactly...This is why its fail to charge that price for something not worth half that. for casual players this price is just completely insane even for raiders.

Deleted
    If you have a DKP system in place run this past your guild:

Any trash epics that drop from the raid that nobody needs should be sold and put into a pot for trash epics that benefit the raid, puchasable by DKP.

It's like swapping a trash epic nobody wants for a trash epic that's useful to the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka View Post
    If you have a DKP system in place run this past your guild:
    DKP? i thought that died with the dinosaurs...