Deleted

DnD trouble/bug/error in ZA?

It happend again, The packs after the water with crocs there are some lynxs that spawn, hope you know what packs im talking about.

I usually place a DnD and then run forward to pull them but the last 2 runs (in 1-2 weeks) they just run over my dnd and attack the healer, anyone els encountered this problem more then me?

No idea why since its worked good before

I've had this happen tanking on my paladin. It seems as if sometimes they just don't feel like paying attention to my AoE's and run straight toward a random party member (often the healer).

I think it may be something to do with the way they spawn and them going after the healing aggro before they are fully "in" so to speak and during that period the ground effect aoe is of no affect. That is pure speculation tho.

I don't think it has anything to do with DND.
    Blood boil was also ignored and Omen said I had threat (at least on my focused target).

I've had this happen numerous times.
    * when tanking on my dk
    * when dpsing/healing on my priest

I reported it in a gm ticket on 7/21/2011 (US17678044) and the GM whispered me in game to talk about it.

I went in to detail as much as I could, and the GM seemed surprised to hear about it.
    Doesn't mean I was the first to report it.

I heard that it makes a difference if you are mounted, but I don't know if I believe that.
    I've even tried using path of frost on the water then having everyone dismount before engaging the group.

I've had them aggro a healer when I was dpsing.
    Also seen them aggro a hunter when I was tanking.

You can tank the trash pack without a healer if you have to using cooldowns.
    Last edited by potatoe; 2011-07-30 at 12:50 AM. Reason: more detail

Deleted
    I've had this happen on both my blood DK and Prot paladin atleast half the times in there, it seems if someone is too far away behind you they will always charge that person I never bothered looking into this to see if it was intended or a bug though.

yep seen this happen b4. they shud just fix the way certain scripted mobs arent in combat for a period of time in there. like the medicine man groups that cant be ccd before they come down the stairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    i trow my dnd as soon as they spawn, never had problems that way.

Happens every time i tank it on any of my tanks, not a big deal on the other tanks tho (aoe taunts on war/druid and 3 target taunt on pally + reg taunt so only 1 is loose) but on the dk i just can't get them for a good 10 seconds. normally its after healer dies or healers smart and kited them for a few seconds. Its almost as though that pack holds onto healing aggro the entire instance.

that first pack always does a 'focus on a person, ignore threat' type thing.
    i've found that having the rest of the group stay well back (preferably in/on the water) and not doing anything until the lynx are out and hitting you works well to get around this.

Deleted
    Has happened to me quite a lot while tanking with my DK, but for some reason my bear druid doesn't seem to have that problem. Oddly enough, it's just that first pack the OP mentioned above that seems to "bug out". Omen shows I have threat, but the packs completely ignore me. Have to resort to taunting them individually :/

I've seen this in ZA on the pack of mobs that jump down from the ledge right before you get to the bears. I dropped my DnD on them, charged in, and they just ran past me a good 30 or so yards to the people who were trailing behind. It may have been the healer, not sure. Either way, there was no possible way for them to have any agro.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ive run into this as well. healer agro or not a D&D should pull enough on the initial pull to prevent them from charging away but they still do it. love the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    that first pack always does a 'focus on a person, ignore threat' type thing.
    i've found that having the rest of the group stay well back (preferably in/on the water) and not doing anything until the lynx are out and hitting you works well to get around this.
    tried that myself with the same problem. it may be an error in the actual pack.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE