Poll: What server do you play on?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

PvP servers vs PvE servers

What do you play on? Why?

I play on a PvP server. When I first started I didn't know the difference, but still today I don't regret my decision. PvE servers feel kind of stupid, not being able to be attacked unless you attack someone first. I think that PvP servers add more realism to the game, and it makes it more exciting not knowing if you will be ganked.

They should make a pvp server so that if you are being ganked, it becomes a one vs one. I don't like it when I'm being ganked by like 3 people while doing dailies when you clearly could win 1v1 vs any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent my first three years on a PVP server, but after moving to a PVE, I would never go back.

Leveling or doing dalies without an ass named Lolpriestlol ganking you is priceless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    They should make a pvp server so that if you are being ganked, it becomes a one vs one. I don't like it when I'm being ganked by like 3 people while doing dailies when you clearly could win 1v1 vs any of them.
    From this point on, this thread is now doomed. You're going to have every forum poster with a hard-on for world PvP (all, like, 20 of them) in here yelling "LOL ROLL PVE SCRUB LOL".

Enjoy.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    From this point on, this thread is now doomed. You're going to have every forum poster with a hard-on for world PvP (all, like, 20 of them) in here yelling "LOL ROLL PVE SCRUB LOL".

Enjoy.

Can't wait! Don't all threads end this way nowadays? Bring on the pain haters! Regardless pvp all the way.
    Last edited by scdogg44; 2011-07-29 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently on a PVP server, but if I could change without it costing me a small fortune I'd do so in a heartbeat. Back when World PVP was a real thing, playing on a PVP server was a ton of fun. Nowadays World PVP is nothing but a sad shadow of what it used to be, and the ability to attack and be attacked while leveling and doing dailies is more of a nuisance than a source of fun.

Blizzard created PvE servers just to answer "Transfer to PvE server, you noob" to every "I was ganked. Again" thread.

I play on a pvp server, I've gotten glad 3 different seasons on 2 chars, 5 glad titles in total, duelist the rest. (I know how to pvp) But I still regret rolling on pvp server for the simple fact that it has lost me hours of game play, especially in vanilla. STV Ganking was rampant and I would be there on a lvl 30ish, and a high 50/ lvl 60 would come and 2shot me, then camp. This has been getting a lot better through the xpacs though, although sadly this is the only thing that has improved for me in WoW.

I started on a PvP server and then at the end of WotLK transferred to a PvE server and the game got incredibly dull and boring. I just transferred back to a PvP server and found that old spark I was looking for to re-ignite my interest. I don't care if I get ganked 3v1, I call in some friends to even those odds. Questing and see Alliance? Jump em, no questions asked. It gives things like Dailies something to be stoked about, instead of mindless questing like everything else.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvE.. I started on Archimonde(PVP) back in Vanilla during the whole TM vs SS days. After BC came out I became more PvE focused and hoped around some but am now on Garrosh. I enjoy being able to afk on my mount and not come back to a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

Enjoy.
    It's funny because half of them are rogues.

There really is little reason to play a PvP server anymore unless you run a gank squad 24/7.

Eitherway I play on a PvP server, not that it matters as our faction greatly outnumbers the other.

If I am attacked 3v1 or 2v1 I still win. I love PVP servers.

My first character to lvl 60 in vanilla was on PvE. It was nice for learning to play a brand new game at the time. Got terribly bored after being 60 a while. Went PvP and never looked back.

I like the idea of having to look over my shoulder for gankers. Even the times when its 3v1. Keeps the game more exciting, whether you are nerd raging at the 3 gankers camping you, or laughing at the poor sap that tries to gank you and fails miserably. Or vice versa if you are the gankee.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on an RP server, but it's just a PvE server, there's no RP, just some Gnomish 69s.

Server choice is meaningless to me. I go where my friends are, I'm not opposed to any server type, they're all the same.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Well I played on a pve server mostly because I hate to be disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Convertabull View Post
    If I am attacked 3v1 or 2v1 I still win. I love PVP servers.
    Inb4 frost mage. But grats.

Play on a PvE server, always have actually, simply because I didn't know the difference when I just started playing on my original realm (was new to MMOs and didn't pay attention) and then when I moved to me new, equally crappy PvE realm it was simply to join the very guild I am in now, over 2 years ago now. I guess I don't really care either way but in the end I don't think I'd be too happy getting attacked when I'm just trying to get my damn dailies over with.

high 50/ lvl 60 would come and 2shot me, then camp.
    now we are talking.. precisely, people just keep saying: U NOOB COZ U IN PVE SERVER... but then when u play on pvp servers they just live to make u die all day long, their energy bar wont go down after 10 hours of ganking you, you wont progress unless go and park on a sanctuary city and wait for them to leave. not to mention, people claim themselves gods of pvp when they are one shoting low level players...-.- what a glory!.
    pvp is fun i admit, but there are limits to my patience.

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Inb4 frost mage. But grats.
    I can't remember the last time I solo 3v1 or 2v1 on my frost mage. Mostly it was lower level or people who were new/bad at their class if they were the same level as my mage.

Maybe the guy is skilled as a frost mage/any class if he can take a 3v1 against bad players.

10+ Year Old Account
    RP-PvE. PvP is not one of the major reasons I play MMORPGs, and while I can respect the decisions of those who do, I prefer any PvP I do to be at a time when I feel I want to engage in it.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!