Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh, I thought 3 and 4 were the 2 parts. not 4 and 5. Oh well, I really count all of these as 1 book. It's a series without a huge time skip or much of a timeskip at all between them.

i don't read. never could find any books that interest me :\ the last book i read was a wow lore novel, about a year and a half ago. and it was boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    Oh, I thought 3 and 4 were the 2 parts. not 4 and 5. Oh well, I really count all of these as 1 book. It's a series without a huge time skip or much of a timeskip at all between them.
    Well, it may be. If you live in the UK, ASOS is split into 2 halves IIRC. In the US, it's one book.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Well, it may be. If you live in the UK, ASOS is split into 2 halves IIRC. In the US, it's one book.
    US. Just glancing at my books, 3 is the thickest. 2 is second thickest. #1 is the thinnest, while #4 is leftover. I have not bought a physical copy of #5 yet.
    Maybe it's 4 and 5 split then..

Deleted
    A Feast for Crows - George R.R. Martin.

Deleted
    Im reading the 3rd book of the first law series by Joe Abercrombie, only bought it about an hour ago, such a great series!!

I just finished the 2nd book of the Honor Harringon series ("Honorverse" on wikipedia). If you enjoy sci-fi, you'd enjoy this series. Plus you get the first two books free! Hmm, kinda like a drug dealer isn't it? lol

http://www.webscription.net/c-29-hon...on-series.aspx
    Last edited by InfernalKatana; 2011-12-13 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Currently reading the "Infinite Jest". I'm progressing at a snail pace because I constantly have to look up words in a dictionary, but I've been told its worth it, so I'm sticking to it.

Deleted
    Ocean's of Blood from The Saga of Larten Crepsley.The books are tiny compared to the last book I've read before it,which was Inheritence.

Just hit book 13 of 14 in the Wheel Of Time. Cannot wait for the last one to come out...
    "Being polite to a person is not a sign of respect for them. It is merely a sign of a good upbringing and a balanced nature."

Hamlet..., screw school required reading.

Reading a series of books about vampires. I don't know what it is but I have an obsession with books about Vamps / college life.

The series I am reading atm is ok not great a bit too girly in parts but it is the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Morganville_Vampires

It has quite a solid story line although on book 4 and it can drag out in parts. It also has a semi love story in it but usually vampire books do and it isn't too in your face so it's not so bad.

Anyone can recommend any vampire books based around college students or similar??

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Reading a series of books about vampires. I don't know what it is but I have an obsession with books about Vamps / college life.

The series I am reading atm is ok not great a bit too girly in parts but it is the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Morganville_Vampires

It has quite a solid story line although on book 4 and it can drag out in parts. It also has a semi love story in it but usually vampire books do and it isn't too in your face so it's not so bad.

Anyone can recommend any vampire books based around college students or similar??
    teenage - twilight/the vampire chronicle
    adult - vampire chronicles by anne rice. dracula.
    i have a few series in queue. the vampire academy, anita blake - vampire hunter

other than that, just go to http://www.vampirelibrary.com/series/

What is it that people love so much about vampires?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Starting George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series off with "A Game of Thrones". I watched the series first, and I want to finish book two before the second season comes out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaladez View Post
    Starting George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series off with "A Game of Thrones". I watched the series first, and I want to finish book two before the second season comes out!
    Congratulations on becoming yet another addict. don't worry about finishing book 2. You'll probably be up to or finished book 5 by the time the 2nd season starts. you can't put those books down.

If you're into fantazy and stuff like The Lords of the Rings; check out The Wheel of Time. So far it's 13 books (The last one are comming out in 2012 sometime)

I've read these books 2 times now, starting for a 3rd and hoping the last book will be released when I'm done with them yet again ^^

Other than that I've read all the Harry Potter books, Lord of the Rings, The Wheel of Time and some other books that I'm to tired to remember the titles of...

Working my way trough The Sillmarillo (Not sure about spelling! Its 6 in the morning here in Norway ^^)

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 05:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemorte View Post
    Just hit book 13 of 14 in the Wheel Of Time. Cannot wait for the last one to come out...
    Kinda awesome books right? ;D And I LOVE book 13 and how Rand finaly changes!

I'm actually that addicted that I'm starting all over again from book one, and got as a goal to finish all 13 before 14 comes out. And I know my girlfriend also bought me "New Spring" (I think it's called? A book about 20 years before everything in the series started) Can't wait to be sooo "social" at x-mas eve with my family : D
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I was given The Complete Works of Shakespeare for my birthday a few days ago, so I'm kind of dipping in and out of that one (the last I read in it was Othello) whilst also reading Dante's Inferno. I've been on a bit of a speculative fiction burnout lately (although that is the general idea of what I mainly read), so I figured I'll try to devour a few more classics before falling back into magical mysteries and technological marvels.

Deleted
    Almost done with Gardens Of The Moon by Steven Erikson and in the middle of A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin.

Deleted
    Song of Ice and Fire, aka Game of Thrones