Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Almost finished with the fucking Wheel of Time.
    I just made it to book 10 myself!

Deleted
    Finnishing A Feast for Crows.

15+ Year Old Account
    World War Z by Max Brooks.

Scourge of the Betrayer by Jeff Salyards. It's a slow burn, but it's really good if you like your fantasy pretty harsh. (Strangely enough, the title sounds like Wrath + BC.)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished City of Dragons by Robin Hobb and starting Rothfuss' Wiseman's Fear

15+ Year Old Account
    Finished the new King book last weekend. Hated the format of the book. Wish it would have either been just a story featuring Roland and his ka-tet in the timeline of the DT novels or would have just been an expanded Wind Through the Keyhole part which I thoroughly enjoyed. The entire skin man sections were pointless and felt like nothing but page filler. Plus I can't stand the childhood Roland tales. Worst part of the first 7 books for me by far.

Might start reading the Wheel of Time books so many people mention or re-read SoIaF books again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I just made it to book 10 myself!
    I'm still on book 6 :\ haven't picked the book up in over a year or so actually, every time I get a chance to read I get interrupted, and with it I'd rather read a lot of it at once instead of several small sittings.

Last book I've actually read was the first Spice and Wolf novel, found it in town at a random bookstore, so grabbed it when I could.

Several series I started a few years back in high school that I wanna finish (haven't read inheritance yet, and read I believe the first 4 or 5 in a series called The Ranger's Apprentice. Also wanted to start Dune, I've been suggested to read some of those several times, but never been able to find it).
    Last edited by personn5; 2012-05-04 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    World War Z by Max Brooks.
    Just finished that last night. Very good read. It's actually a hell of a commentary an current society and geopolitics mixed in with the zombie motif. Max Brooks did an amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Finished the new King book last weekend. Hated the format of the book. Wish it would have either been just a story featuring Roland and his ka-tet in the timeline of the DT novels or would have just been an expanded Wind Through the Keyhole part which I thoroughly enjoyed. The entire skin man sections were pointless and felt like nothing but page filler. Plus I can't stand the childhood Roland tales. Worst part of the first 7 books for me by far.

Might start reading the Wheel of Time books so many people mention or re-read SoIaF books again.
    WoT has nothing on aSoIaF. If you liked GRRM, head over to the Erikson section with Malazan Book of the Fallen. 10 books, finished, epic fantasy. (And unlike GRRM, it actually has blatant magic, which was a gripe I had with GRRM.)

Dave Grohl unhautorized biography, called This Is a Call: The Life and Times of Dave Grohl.

Re-reading the Sword of Truth series

Started Digital Fortress by Dan Brown a couple nights ago and almost done with it. Angels and Demons next!

I had gotten my nook back so instead of Ayn Rand - The Fountainhead I read A Dance with Dragons. I wish I didn't because now it's the waiting game for the 6th book. Dragons flew by for me. Took less than a week to read it and it was just amazing.

Got the new Stephen King book now The Wind Through the Keyhole. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking here, but it's King so I pretty much gotta fanboy it up and read what he gives me because I know it won't really be a waste of my time, just love him.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Crown of Swords by Robert Jordan at the moment, it's pretty good to be honest.

Reading a few previews to see which book I want to read next, but it looks like I'll be reading The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers. It'll be interesting to read something that isn't so generically fantasy.

The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins. I've been reading a lot of Dawkins' work lately. It's a nice read, very informative on the subject of evolutionary biology which happens to be a major interest of mine.

Kurt Vonnegut- Slaughter House 5 one of my favs

Deleted
    reading the hunger games - catching fire.

finished the first book and i loved it! so i bought the 2nd right away, so far im about 25% of the way, not quite as good as the first so far, seems to be focussing on katniss and peetas relationship so far, but i think its going to get more action packed soon

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aronaz View Post
    At the moment I'm reading Warcraft Archieve. Which contains these books; Day of the Dragon, Lord of the Clans, The Last guardian & Of Blood and Honor.
    here's a link:http://www.wowwiki.com/Warcraft_Archive
    what book would be reccomend starting with in the warcraft books? cant get the archive in the post i quoted on kindle apparently

Harry Potter again. It is the third time i read it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reading World War Z by Max Brooks and The Universe in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking.