Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Game of Thrones book 2, A Clash of Kings

10+ Year Old Account
    The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

I'd recommend it if you are into that sort of thing!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    The Black Prism by Brent Weeks. I pretty much just picked it up because I needed something to read, and I remembered Weeks being mentioned alongside Sanderson and other writers I liked. And hey, 3.49USD for 641 pages on my Kindle is a damn bargain^^

Liking it so far.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Just finished the Dark Tower Series. Amazing stuff

Now starting on the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins (still haven't read it even though I'm a post-doctoral researcher in Evolutionary Biology).

10+ Year Old Account
    Rereading GoT, OMG R+L=J makes total sense! Definitely better the 2nd time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    I am reading book nine in the series Deverry Cycle, the book is called The Red Wyvern.

10+ Year Old Account
    The History of Civilization, its an investment.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Just finished the Dark Tower Series.
    The Dark Tower is my hands-down favorite series of all time. Including all the sub-books that King has left bread crumbs in.

It is sort of a yearly ritual for me to re-read the DT books, even after nine years since the last part of the series (not counting Wind Through the Keyhole) I occasionally find some new little detail or nuance.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The History of Civilization, its an investment.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 06:00 PM ----------

The Dark Tower is my hands-down favorite series of all time. Including all the sub-books that King has left bread crumbs in.

It is sort of a yearly ritual for me to re-read the DT books, even after nine years since the last part of the series (not counting Wind Through the Keyhole) I occasionally find some new little detail or nuance.
    Speaking of, have you read Wind through the Keyhole yet? Is it any good? I feel the same way as you do about the Dark Tower series but haven't had a chance to pick this up yet.

Deleted
    I just ordered Wind through the Keyhole, looking forward to it

@Anjerith, if you want, could you have a look at the thread I created today about the dark tower? Would love to hear your input on the discussion
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2013-05-02 at 07:07 PM.

jim Butcher, The Codex Alera, VERY entertained, one of the better book series I have read and I've read a lot, hehe.

On the Road by Jack Kerouac

Deleted
    Just finished second book in Malazan series. Just like the first book, at times i loved it, at times i hated it. Will take a break by readng 1Q84 by H.Murakami before continuing with all that magic shit.

I'm 80% of the way through book 7 in the Dark Tower series, and all I can say is this entire thing is a fucking joke. Stephen King making himself a very important character, deus ex machinas explained away with "ka" and "God wills it". Fuck off King, you fucking god damn hack.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I just ordered Wind through the Keyhole, looking forward to it

@Anjerith, if you want, could you have a look at the thread I created today about the dark tower? Would love to hear your input on the discussion
    Ugh, i'm scared to read anymore from the dark tower saga. King totally wizzed that down his leg with the whole harry potter snitches / dr. doom / lightsaber nonsense.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 04:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm 80% of the way through book 7 in the Dark Tower series, and all I can say is this entire thing is a fucking joke. Stephen King making himself a very important character, deus ex machinas explained away with "ka" and "God wills it". Fuck off King, you fucking god damn hack.
    I know, king took self-insert to ridiculous levels. The first few books were so promising too.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Blood and Bone by ICE.

I'm a bit on hold on reading Malazan Book of the Fallen, as it sounds like the first book is just a chore to get through, and I'm never sure if I understand as much as I'm supposed to understand at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence. Awesome book Never read anything like ti before, and the rate I am getting through it I am thinking of getting King of Thorns right now
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I'm a bit on hold on reading Malazan Book of the Fallen, as it sounds like the first book is just a chore to get through, and I'm never sure if I understand as much as I'm supposed to understand at that point.
    thats a normal feeling your not insae it's normal lol the first book is a bit of a chore but man its worth it

most of his books are the same tho so much wtfness at beginning then it becomes slightly clearer

Deleted
    Yesterday I finished "Ringworld" by Larry Niven.

Wasn't too sure about it at the start but turned out to be an 8/10. I especially liked the bit where they talked about the rise and subsequent fall of the Ringworld creators; the so called "Engineers".

Today, I started "Why does E=mc^2? (and why should we care?)" by Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw. I finished my university degree in physics a couple of years ago but it's always nice to go back to subject to think about the concepts without having to go back into too much mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I enjoyed the first book, but you are just thrown in and he takes off running, and the first book is obviously a first book by a new author.

There are resources on the internet 'www.malazanempire.com/forums' where you can go to discuss different things and have people help you. Or you could make a malazan thread here and ask spoilered questions.