Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Currently Reading Business Apps with Silverlight 5. Haven't read a none-coding related book in some years...

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 03:36 AM ----------

*oh and also pro telerik. pretty solid ORM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovecraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Oh really? I was thinking about reading that, but couldn't decide if it looked interesting or not. Would you recommend it? I just finished Unwind, and I REALLY loved this book. It was very interesting, and quite realistic if you give it some thought. Right now though, I have my eyes set on Legend #1 It sounds really appealing, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    Well my only real complaints of the first book is that the plot would sometimes sidetrack onto the main protagonist's romance in inappropriate situations, which I found to be slightly annoying (Not to mention the romance in it's self was kinda annoying). But really that's just me being overly-critical and overly-analytical of romance in my books.

So I'd definitively recommend this book. I especially loved the overall setting and central theme of it, and I'm looking forward towards reading the second and third installments of the series once they come out. So overall I give Divergent a good +B.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-03-15 at 12:38 PM.

The Punic Wars - Adrian Goldsworthy

Deleted
    I'm currently going through A Clash of Kings again to prepare for season 2 of A Game of Thrones. But knowing me I won't be able to stop when that book is finished, but instead carrying on to finish the ones again as well.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Fires of Heaven, Book Five of The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. I finished the first 4 books in 2 and a half months, which is good for someone of my reading habits (sometimes I read in large spurts where that's all I will do when I am not working). The first four books have been really good reading and it seems like RJ really went indepth with this series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently about halfway through the last book of the "Malazan, Book of the Fallen" series by Steven Erikson. Really epic series, can't wait to see how it ends.

golden beetle of Edgar Allen
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Guild wars books...I've only read the first chapter of each the books so far, but I'm gonna continue reading Edge of Destiny first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The Fires of Heaven, Book Five of The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. I finished the first 4 books in 2 and a half months, which is good for someone of my reading habits (sometimes I read in large spurts where that's all I will do when I am not working). The first four books have been really good reading and it seems like RJ really went indepth with this series.
    The first 4 kinda had slow start syndrome, IMO. I hit #5 last week and now I'm halfway through #7. They definitely picked up, can't put em down now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torements View Post
    The 3rd book of the Hunger Games.....I hope the movie doesn't fail
    I finished the series like 3 weeks ago, reading The Last Thing I Remember, then I might read the girl with he dragon tattoo. But I am really thinking about ditching those and buying the A Song of Ice and Fire series....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Jordan, wheel of time book 4. loving it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Resisting reading book 3 of Ice and Fire series, it's sitting on my shelf waiting to the end of season 2 of HBO. Re-reading Kushiel's trilogy. Decent series if you like fantasy with politics.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I read the Hunger Games trilogy not too long ago...I'm planning on reading Journey to the center of the Earth, and 20.000 Leagues under the sea, by Jules Verne.

Also, I've been wondering, has anyone read the book called "Atlas Shrugged"? by Ayn Rand?. If so, how is it? Is it worth reading?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonlance: Legends - War of the Twins

Prolly like my 10th read through or more.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Dragonlance: Legends - War of the Twins

Prolly like my 10th read through or more.
    I've read all those books far too much, and occasionally I pull them all out for another read! I did so just last year.

Currently reading "The Last Apprentice". Currently on the 5th book of the series. The series is about people called Spooks who banishes different kinds of witches and darkness in the world. They use no dark magic whatsoever which makes it even better. He's training his apprentice to be a full Spook and in fact is training his last apprentice ever as he's getting too old. So, as you can imagine the kid has a lot of pressure because if he fails that's it. There will be no one else to train future apprentices and deal with future darkness. But he grows up from the very beginning and it all connects as each book goes on. It's interesting to say the least how they deal with different witches and evil. It can be pretty creepy at times especially when you read what different witches do. IE drink children's blood and eat their bones etc.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-03-15 at 02:56 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    The first 4 kinda had slow start syndrome, IMO. I hit #5 last week and now I'm halfway through #7. They definitely picked up, can't put em down now.
    Really? I thought Eye of the World was kinda lacking, but the end really lead into The Great Hunt well and it was great from there. I found some of The Dragon Reborn a bit slow and it seems a lot of the early part of The Fires of Heaven is the same but really builds and my understanding is that Lord of Chaos is really the defining book.

just got the hunger games box set today so will start them after i finish reading power of 5 necropolis by the brilliant Anthony horowitz

15+ Year Old Account
    Got My Game of Thrones book into day but I want to finish the other book I am reading before i get to it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose