Gardens of the Moon - Steven Erikson
    The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson
    Faith and Fire - James Swallow
    The Guru Papars - Masks of Authoritarian Power - Joel Kramer
    Guns, Germs, and Steel - Jared Diamond
    Team of Rivals - The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln - Doris Goodwin

10+ Year Old Account
    The great influenza- John M. Barry ^.^
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    H. L. Mencken

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't read anything for a while, but I kinda want to read Wheel of Time series in english (only read in swedish). Especially since the movie is coming in a year or two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I haven't read anything for a while, but I kinda want to read Wheel of Time series in english (only read in swedish). Especially since the movie is coming in a year or two.
    where do you see confirmation for a wheel of time movie in a year or two? ive seen speculation and rumors, but never confirmation.

Rereading the Wheel of Time series, waiting for the last one to come out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by narveid View Post
    rereading the wheel of time series, waiting for the last one to come out.
    less then two weeks!

oh and matrim kicks ass!

on my 5th or 6th run through of "The King's Buccaneer" by Raymond E. Feist.

Check out his stuff if you havent, they are awesome fantasy novels!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing right now. But come 2013, damn it I'm going to read everything J.R.R. Tolkien has ever written (that's available in my region)
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Got a bunch of Michael Crichton books for Christmas. Starting off with Jurassic Park. I love his writing

10+ Year Old Account
    Got "The Way of Kings" and "Forge of Darkness" for Christmas. I'll probably start them after I finish the final WoT book once it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Got all those as audio books in english. Prefer to listen to books tbh.

I'm reading "Albert Speer His Battle with truth" by Gitta Sereny atm. It's ok.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Got "The Way of Kings" and "Forge of Darkness" for Christmas. I'll probably start them after I finish the final WoT book once it comes out.
    thank god my parents got me the pre order of Wheel of Time, going to pick the damn thing up as soon as i can! did i mention im almost pissing myself with the anticipation of that book?

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Got all those as audio books in english. Prefer to listen to books tbh.

I'm reading "Albert Speer His Battle with truth" by Gitta Sereny atm. It's ok.
    audio books are much to slow, i could read a book in HALF the time the audio book covers it, if not faster, but i guess to each his own, but the audio books are also extremely expensive because of the large ammount of data required for them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finishing Dan Simmon's Endymion. SooOoOoOoOoOoooOoOOO good.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    audio books are much to slow, i could read a book in HALF the time the audio book covers it, if not faster, but i guess to each his own, but the audio books are also extremely expensive because of the large ammount of data required for them.
    True, but you can listen to audio books while driving, walking etc... it's much more convenient that way.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Two great choices.

Just finished Cold Days again. Can't find a majority of my Jordan books to read up (oh god the middle books) and I don't want to buy them all again... anyway, I think I'm going to read The Fifth Elephant by Pratchett again.

Deleted
    The Fight - Norman Mailer.

The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco;

I highly recommend it. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I think I'm going to read The Fifth Elephant by Pratchett again.
    A book that's always worth a re-read
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Still reading 1776, but also recently started reading Tides of War for some lighter reading

I've been jumping around through books. I've started quite a few but didn't make it far, going to get back into them at some point. I had finally settled into Mr. X by Peter Straub but Xmas came around and my wife got me Killing Floor by Lee Child, first book in the Jack Reacher series. Liking it so far, might as well order the next few books of it.