Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    your gonna hate the next 7 books then...i dont recall to much braid tugging in 13/14.
    Not forgetting "folding her arms under her breasts", I mean where else are the female characters going to fold their arms, behind their backs?

But apart from little annoyances like that I think it deserves the reputation it has. I can already tell tarmon gai'don is going to be epic, I just hope Loial, Rhuarc and Mat live long enough to see it. Although part of me suspects that Mat and Loial will live to see it, Rhuarc doesn't have the plot armour that the other two seem to have, which leaves me slightly worried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrai View Post
    not forgetting "folding her arms under her breasts", i mean where else are the female characters going to fold their arms, behind their backs?

But apart from little annoyances like that i think it deserves the reputation it has. I can already tell tarmon gai'don is going to be epic, i just hope loial, rhuarc and mat live long enough to see it. Although part of me suspects that mat and loial will live to see it, rhuarc doesn't have the plot armour that the other two seem to have, which leaves me slightly worried.
    too soon!!!

=(
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Just started Catch - 22.

Blade of Tyshalle by Matthew FUCKING Stover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished Buried Hope by XJ Selman, and it was fucking awesome!^^ Good pacing, believable characters, quite standard dystopian/sci-fi world but his plot makes up for it. The book also seems better because it is his debut, and the only thing I can complain about is the length. GIEF MOAR!

Considering buying copies for all my friends w/ Kindles or Kindle Apps, so I can support him with more than the paltry $.99.

Just bought the "fourth" Mistborn book by Brandon Sanderson, the name eludes atm, and I'm rereading Wheel of Time, halfway through the Perrin-less book.

Srsly, fuck that detail -.-
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    alfway through A Storm of Swords, hoping to finish it before season 3 starts

10+ Year Old Account
    I have just started the Wheel of Time books. And I am hooked. 10 years ago when I first discovered them I was daunted by the sheer amount of these books, thinking I would never have the time to read them all or have the patience. But to be honest the moment I opened up the Eye of the World I havent put the book down, in less than a week I am over half way through and have already ordered the second book The Great Hunt.

Some fantasy books take me ages to get into maybe some really just drag, but I like the pacing in this book, it goes just about right to me, I love books with alot of character development and world descriptions. Its kind of like if I were to write a fantasy book it would be like this.

I kind of wished I had picked up the books 10 years ago now, especially as I had more time to read them as I do now but I am still getting through them very fast now.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens.

One of my favourite books!

I'm nearly finished with Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind. Recently decided to read all the books again, they're really great

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I'm nearly finished with Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind. Recently decided to read all the books again, they're really great
    not really, the bad guys are bad with no good qualities at all, the good guys are good with no bad qualities, and theres so much plot armor its retarded.

Deleted
    About to finish the first book of The Legend of Richard and Kahlan for the 4th time
    Cant wait for the next one, or the one ofter that, or... ^^

Also i ordered The Tempest and Hamlet from Shakespeare, they should arrive arround wednesday next week, really curious how they will be.

Deleted
    Just started reading Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erickson, I've got to read some more before I wanna say what I think about it. But I've only heard good things about the series (Malazan)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman. I found the movie to be pretty cool but then the ending just left me on a cliffhanger and I wanted to know what happened next so I decided to get back into reading and start with the His Dark Materials series. I like it, it's pretty cool.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    About to finish the first book of The Legend of Richard and Kahlan for the 4th time
    Cant wait for the next one, or the one ofter that, or... ^^

Also i ordered The Tempest and Hamlet from Shakespeare, they should arrive arround wednesday next week, really curious how they will be.
    if you like Tempest and Hamlet, can i reccomend looking up the Manga/Anime Zetsuen No Tempest on Crunchy Roll? its based upon Shakespearean work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers as a recommendation from my bosses' wife, and it's a pretty awesome book.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'v just finished Lady of the Shades by Darren Shan, actually couldn't put it down.

Now I'm trying to choose between Lord of the Flies or To kill a Mockingbird.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    if you like Tempest and Hamlet, can i reccomend looking up the Manga/Anime Zetsuen No Tempest on Crunchy Roll? its based upon Shakespearean work.
    Funny that you mention that, because Zetsuen No Tempest is the reason i want to read them
    The story is supposed to mirror both books, also the mass of quotes seem highly interesting, also Shakespear is an absolut classic and often regarded as a must read for every reading fan, so i am pretty excited for the books ^^

The Joy of Hate: How to Triumph over Whiners in the Age of Phony Outrage by Greg Gutfeld

Greg Gutfeld hates artificial tolerance. At the root of every single major political conflict is the annoying coddling Americans must endure of these harebrained liberal hypocrisies. In fact, most of the time liberals uses the mantle of tolerance as a guise for their pathetic intolerance. And what we really need is smart intolerance, or as Gutfeld reminds us, what we used to call common sense.

The Joy of Hate tackles this conundrum head on--replacing the idiocy of open-mindness with a shrewd judgmentalism that rejects stupid ideas, notions, and people. With countless examples grabbed from the headlines, Gutfeld provides readers with the enormous tally of what pisses us all off. For example:
    - The double standard: You can make fun of Christians, but God forbid Muslims. It's okay to call a woman any name imaginable, as long as she's a Republican. And no problem if you're a bigot, as long as you're politically correct about it.
    - The demonizing of the Tea Party and romanticizing of the Occupy Wall Streeters.
    - The media who are always offended (see MSNBC lineup)
    - How critics of Obamacare or illegal immigration are somehow immediately labeled racists.
    - The endless debate over the Ground Zero Mosque (which Gutfeld planned to open a Muslim gay bar next to).
    - As well as pretentious music criticism, slow-moving ceiling fans, and snotty restaurant hostesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started reading Double Indemnity by James M. Cain for my English 101 class. We're going in detail on the Film Noir genre. It is interesting enough, even if the characters aren't fleshed out at all.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Deleted
    Having finished Burmese Days, I found it a surprisingly wry Orwell book, as well as an interesting overview of colonial Burma. I'm now reading the Third Policeman by Flann O'Brian. I always found James Joyce a bit smug for my liking, but Third Policeman is similar in post-modernism, but it's funnier and more intriguing. Dark, too. It's a relief to not have to pick up a reference book every 5 seconds.