Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Soon done with A Dance with Dragons. Will probably move on to Malazan Book of the Fallen, then The Wheel of Time. It's going to take a while.
    Read WoT first, then Malazan. Malazan is a better series, and you might not fully enjoy WoT if you read it after. Just reread both series for the 3rd time, took about 3 weeks. Great books, also recommend Glenn Cook.

Reading the new Ken Follett book. Also rereading Guns, Germs, and Steel, and Basic Writings of Nietzsche
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

10+ Year Old Account
    Waiting for the next book by Terry GoodKind. I'm absolutely in love with the Sword of truth series and i'm loving the continuation that he is doing!

I'm also looking for similar styles of books that i've read from Terry Goodkind.... any suggestions?
    Last edited by Darkrulerxxx; 2013-03-25 at 11:14 PM.

Deleted
    Snuff, by Terry Pratchett
    Fantasy/crime/adventure/humor/etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Wow, you tore through that quick. If you liked it I'd suggest Warbreaker then Way of Kings, both by Sanderson.
    i read the entirity of AMoL in about 15 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i read the entirity of AMoL in about 15 hours.
    I started the Last Battle chapter 5 minutes before class. Needless to say I didn't make it to class that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    if you havent already learned, i recommend not getting attached to any characters in the series.
    I've already seen the first 2 seasons of the TV series. Was hoping to get through the third book before season 3 starts, but I'm a slow reader it would seem.

Storm of Swords, about halfway through hoping to finish before Sunday.

Just finished John Dies At The End. Took a while to get into it, not really used to the genre, so I put it off for a long time. But about halfway through it became amazing. Going to start the sequel today, This Book Is Full of Spiders.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading my way through The Circle Opens quartet atm. Just started Street Magic (2nd book).

Can't wait for my birthday. Been reading a lot recently and I need new books. :<

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

So I finished This Book Is Full Of Spiders and it was fucking amazing. I'd really recommend this book and the one before it to anyone who isn't a stuffy old hag.

Not sure what to read next. I never did the Dark Tower series, so I guess I'll get into that. So Gunslinger starting tomorrow...

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte. I can't put this damn book down!

Film is called "The Ninth Gate"

After all the hubbub about it on NPR and some very funny stories, I have GOT to bring myself to read Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach

"You know, you already offend me when you start your conversation with 'On my 2nd priest...'" -Ray

Just finished The Gunslinger. It was way too dense imo, but after reading some of the reviews it seems that a lot of people say the series gets a lot better after this first book.

So I'm starting on The Drawing of the Three now.

Finally finished Drawing of the Three. Hated it, not sure why I should continue this series at all. Slow and tedious, the plot moves an inch from where the story began. I told myself I'd read all these famous fantasy series', but I don't know if I can do this...

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Finally finished Drawing of the Three. Hated it, not sure why I should continue this series at all. Slow and tedious, the plot moves an inch from where the story began. I told myself I'd read all these famous fantasy series', but I don't know if I can do this...
    That series of books is one of my favourites... but then I am an avid SK fan, and if you have read a lot of his other books he left hints and little clues in them about the existence of the tower, and the alternate worlds for many years before he picked up writing the whole saga again. IIRC he wrote the gunslinger decades ago as a short story, and it played on his mind for many years before he really revisited it to make the long series. It's a few years since I read them now, but I don't remember them ever being fast-paced exactly. (must re-read now I think about it)

I'm currently reading: Revelation Space by Alistair Reynolds, which I am rereading his books set in that universe because I love them ^^

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's a series that you either like or you don't, it's definitely a bit too slow at times, but the next two were my favorite in the series. But if you don't like them then stop reading. I will admit, even as an SK fan, that the books are quite inconsistent as there are often huge gaps from when he wrote them, and the last three were banged out in a rather short amount of time and I didn't particularly agree with a lot of the decisions he made with it.

Anyways, I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones, while I've seen every GoT episode it doesn't really bother me but I'm doing my best to get caught up to the show asap. Really enjoying it so far.

Just finished reading the Ranger's Apprentice series (took around 21 hours). Thinking about reading the Forgotten Realms books (will take much longer to finish)

Think fast, think slow

It's been awhile since I posted, much less got on the site. Moved and just been busy with that, work, and my daughter. I reread the Game of Thrones series again. I couldn't decide what I wanted to read so I just picked that up again. I just started Wheel of Time yesterday. Been wanting to read it but for some reason I just kept thinking of reasons not to start it.