Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just finished Antiagon Fire by Modesitt Jr. and trying to decide if I should re-read something I've already read, or start on Blackman/Thirteen by Richard Morgan.

Didn't like GoTM so much, but Deadhouse Gates was amazing. So amazing. I love Coltaine, and I love Icarium and Mappo's storyline. God it's so good. Reading the third one now.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leviathan Wakes, I am like 70% finished with it, this is the first true space opera I have read(besides hgttg). It is somewhat firefly like, I like it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Didn't like GoTM so much, but Deadhouse Gates was amazing. So amazing. I love Coltaine, and I love Icarium and Mappo's storyline. God it's so good. Reading the third one now.

dont forget to pick up ICE's book too they are not part of the book of the fallen but some of them (mostly return of the crimson guard) are very important to the denoument

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mark bowden's Guest of the ayatollah. Haven't finished but is pretty good. The other read is an old hunting dog trainer called "gun dog" by Richard wolters.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Rereading Under the Dome-

That way I can complain about everything they're changing to the old man (who doesn't read) when it comes on.

I'm already not happy that King let them change a lot of the main players story lines.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Lisey's Story by Stephen King. Really enjoying it, so far^^
    I actually thought that was a good read. Out of his recents though, I loved 11/22/63.

Deleted
    Just started reading Metro 2033 by Dmitrij Gluchovskij. So far it seems promising.

Deleted
    Im at the end of Earth Strike, the first book in the Star Carrier series by Ian Douglas. Im in love with the book, you really get a good connection with the characters, so if you like a good Scifi book with more than just space battles then this is a good read!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead of Night by Jonathan Maberry its a good zombie book so far. I picked it up because of I'm a fan of his Joe Ledger series.

A Feast for Crows. I'm not expecting another epic awesome-fest out of it like A Storm of Swords, as it seems unanimously the weakest book in the series, but I like it okay so far, though I just started it. But damn, ASoS was crazy...like the whole second half of the book (which would be GoT season 4 next year) is full of 'holy shit' moments time and time again.

Deleted
    'Nothing to Envy' - Barbara Demick. Vivid accounts of people's experiences of North Korea. It depicts what society is like there, but it also focusses on individuals personal experiences of the famine which makes for very harrowing reading.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2013-06-17 at 10:49 AM.

Reapers Gale by the mighty Steven Erikson.

"The Omen Machine" by Terry Goodkind. very much liked Sword of Truth series.

Just finished Crossroads of Twilight from The Wheel of Time last week. Man, these last few books have not been too interesting. And I'm tired of having 50% of the book nothing but describing the clothing and jewelry everyone is wearing. I'll have New Spring finished tonight. It is actually really enjoyable. I guess it has to do with not so many plots and characters going on like the main story. So ready to be complete with this series.

Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    Just finished Crossroads of Twilight from The Wheel of Time last week. Man, these last few books have not been too interesting. And I'm tired of having 50% of the book nothing but describing the clothing and jewelry everyone is wearing. I'll have New Spring finished tonight. It is actually really enjoyable. I guess it has to do with not so many plots and characters going on like the main story. So ready to be complete with this series.
    IMO the story is still great, I just started skimming over the descriptions like that in the later books. The good news is that one more and you'll be on to the books that Brandon Sanderson wrote and he breathed new life into it IMO.

Myself I've gotten through most of the Dresden files, am listening to Cold Days now (I've done them all on Audio books). Ghost Tales didn't really feel right to me, I think it was because James Marsten didn't read it though.

The Time of Contempt (The Witcher) - Andrjez Sapkowski

Been waiting for the translation to be completed for ages, finally came out today for kindle d/l.

I am reading the Arthas book right now.

Deleted
    Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid. By Douglas Hofstadter.

It was a present, because I enjoy math and logic.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dresden Files: Book 8- Proven Guilty.

I have the entire run of the series, 13 books and 1 collected anthology of short stories, an it is all great modern fantasy.

Martin's "Fevre Dream." Good stuff.
    When I want a quick single shot story, I'll read a Louis L'Amour western or one of Elmore Leonard's westerns. Love that genre.