Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Having bandages that HOT wouldnt be a broblem in raids and arena, they'd just give it a 2 min cooldown or something.
    or they can just give it the same 1 min debuff u get after u use a bandage curently

Deleted
    titles sound call,

just throwing in some more ideas
    adrenaline shot to increase max energy energy/energy regen
    morphine shot reduces movement speed increases cast time but reduces incoming damage
    IV drip a small kind of Innervate
    tourniquet, reduce bleed damage
    honey poultice reduces fire damage :P
    maybe buff bandages a bit.

but yeah first aid needs more love

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    The fact is, unless you are alone out there.. it will always be a bad choice to Bandage.
    Healers are indeed there to cover you. They should and they will. Bandages are there for special cases, not for the regular healing job.
    That's exactly my point - they are currently ONLY used as a last resort, you-will-die-unless-you-bandage measure, and are thus quite useless in PvE. However, were they to be revamped a bit with the suggestions being thrown around, they would be used. A lot. By everyone.

Healing isn't just a healer's job - each DPS should be constantly and actively looking for ways to extend their own survivability be it through damage avoidance or mitigation or self-healing where needed. Bandages are a part of that, but unfortunately AS THEY ARE NOW, they're horribly inefficient.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    That's exactly my point - they are currently ONLY used as a last resort, you-will-die-unless-you-bandage measure, and are thus quite useless in PvE. However, were they to be revamped a bit with the suggestions being thrown around, they would be used. A lot. By everyone.
    I think thats kind of the idea behind first aid, last measurement to keep yourself from getting killed, not else.

first aid: helpful in pvp, totally stupid in pve. making it an instant hot will be bad for pvp. but i think that could be good for pve.

healing yourself in pve for a few hp points wasting 8 secs of dps is totally wrong!!! make it useful for raids!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simple. Bleed reduction/removal.

[Heavy Embersilk Gauze] - Attempts to remove a bleed effect from the character. (5 min CD)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    There is a reason bandages have a channeling time. If they were like HoTs then well... Lol
    Yea, they would be usefull again. That would suck.

---------- Post added 2011-07-30 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by timbli View Post
    healing yourself in pve for a few hp points wasting 8 secs of dps is totally wrong!!! make it useful for raids!
    That wasn't stupid in TBC though.

10+ Year Old Account
    make a non combat pet that heals you for 1% of base health every 10seconds... doesnt sound op into raids/dungeons/arena... would be nice for soloing and afking

i like the mount part

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the "Improved Bandages" (simply due to it being overpowered with a 30k+ heal with one instant click. Maybe if only like half of the effect got through it might have been okay) everything sounds really good.

Being able to ress with it should have been implented a long time ago. Leveling up a profession is way harder than just joining a random guild to obtain a ress.

Though, potions, hmm, no, that's alchemy and should stay that way. They can remove debuffs with some potions, so it's already in the game.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoy bandaging as a hunter, whether in PvP or PvE. Provided you don't have a DoT on you or any unavoidable damage, you have a full 5 seconds to allow the bandage channel time to tick while using Deterrence. Which, although not perfect, is still better than nothing for a class with very limited self heals.

Deleted
    Good ideas here already. I personally like the debuff removal suggestion the most. There could be some kind of injection "darts" you could use on other players from a distance. As a resto druid where magic debuff removal can only be obtained via talents and is actually vital to have in few situations (during some heroics there's a debuff that absorbs healing), because in raids other healing classes are generally better off removing magic, it'd be nice to have this kind of a first aid thing which could have a fairly high cooldown, like 3-5 mins for example. Then I wouldn't need to spec into magic removal for heroics.

About the HoT bandage. I think it'd need to be similar to potions. One per fight, 2 min cooldown. It shouldn't share cooldown with potions though. And it might need to be a bit weaker than the normal bandage. If it had only a 1 minute cooldown and if it was as strong as a normal bandage, I can see it being over powered. And of course if it still was OP for PvP but well balanced for PvE, they could simply state that it wouldn't be usable in arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Yea, they would be usefull again. That would suck.
    U so contructive.

It would OP them in pvp. So it aint happening.

First aid was actually quite good in vanilla and BC, but lost a lot of it's luster starting in LK.

Chiming in:

More anti-venoms would be a tremendous plus. It does suck that there are only three, only one of which is actually learned from your trainer. I wouldn't be surprised if many players didn't know you could get another from Argent Dawn, nor a third from an extremely rare world drop.

I liked the idea of the bleed remover. Honestly, the only place an item like that would fit is in first aid (a potion that removes a bleed? wat). Plus it would fill in a gap in the game, allowing players to finally have an out from bleeds. Could be nerfed a bit in PvP as well, by only removing one at a time, for instance.

Group healing potions would be useful in raids, working in a similar fashion to the Intravenous Healing Potion from Wrath. Throw one down, instant AOE heal. Not as strong as a healer's AOE, but perhaps enough to keep people from going down.

Honestly I'd be fine with anything that made first aid interesting. As it stands, it's just make hundreds of bandages -> vendor 'em. I do admit they had their uses; we used a lot of them while progressing through Chimaeron. The break was long enough for everyone to bandage themselves while the healers threw out some AOE heals, keeping us alive much more easily. But for the most part, first aid's only really useful solo.

Deleted
    potion that removed debuffs are alrdy in game.
    alchemists make them. http://www.wowhead.com/item=13462

Also on i've been useing bandages all of cata in raids, arena and BGs, its just learning to use them smartly:
    CC or go out of los.
    fights like cimearon its epic to help healers during feud.

Its not like we got to many tabards or titles alrdy either...

A mount from a shity proffesion like this ?

It got a fair few achies alrdy aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Wouldn't a hot be slightly OP for mages and rogues?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timbli View Post
    first aid: helpful in pvp, totally stupid in pve. making it an instant hot will be bad for pvp. but i think that could be good for pve.

dead dps is no dps