Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

do you want a redesign for ret?

its a good class, but i dont think its as fun as it could be. blizzard needs class designers that love their class and have cool ideas for it

im all down to be changed for a new expansion... i think holy power is actually kind of cool but we need things like divine storm of crusader strike CD and just a smooth rotation without crappy filters

I hated it at the beginning of Cata, but I'm enjoying ret a lot now. I'm mainspec holy but sometimes I'll queue ret in RDF anyway just because it's fun.

wtb wotlk ret back

People who like facerolling will always hate new ret. The actual good ret paladins love it because its smart and fun. Now see if you can pick out the bad pallies in this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course . At the moment it's one of the worst moments in Retribution history.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

I miss WotLK Ret, the new Ret is alright in PvE, even though it's really, really annoying at times. In PvP, I hate it with a passion.

No Ret is honestly fine at the moment, It's not stright mindless faceroll like it was in Wrath, now you have to think about what your doing. I enjoy ret now.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    People who like facerolling will always hate new ret. The actual good ret paladins love it because its smart and fun. Now see if you can pick out the bad pallies in this post
    Smart and fun? Quit sniffing glue there is nothing smart and fun about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Fun is a subjective thing, and holy power is not fun for me. While I didn't like the faceroll of wrath, I did enjoy it more than this. There are also more things that I don't like about ret than just holy power, like the fact that they left almost every other melee with their cleave damage but took ours away and the fact that the entire spec is completely rng dependent. Standing around auto attacking because you aren't getting procs is not fun.
    Last edited by Jerion; 2011-07-30 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Ret is fine, I just hate it that I have to use 2 fillers instead of 1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Yeh it's fun..if you like rogues..you know

SnD - Inq
    TV - Evi
    Holy power - combo points.

Deleted
    Holy Power sucks big times and is awful to play.. cannot see how someone could enjoy this.

The only complaint I have about the current system is, it relies too much on building Holy Power. We barely have any useful skills other than CS until we get 3 HP build up for TV.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    its a good class, but i dont think its as fun as it could be. blizzard needs class designers that love their class and have cool ideas for it

im all down to be changed for a new expansion... i think holy power is actually kind of cool but we need things like divine storm of crusader strike CD and just a smooth rotation without crappy filters
    At first I disliked the Holy Power system altogether. It was absolutely clunky in beta got a hair bit better come live. Now it's gone some changes due to talents and feels a bit better than it use to. The only suggestion I would have about it to fix some of the "waiting" periods you would have because things are on cooldown and Divine Purpose didn't proc.

I play the class for the lore standpoint. Regardless what they do to the mechanics, as long as it is playable, I will enjoy it. However, I did enjoy it more so at the end of Wrath where we could get a 3 second CS. Now there are just too many open GCDs in it for my type of personal tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    At first I disliked the Holy Power system altogether. It was absolutely clunky in beta got a hair bit better come live. Now it's gone some changes due to talents and feels a bit better than it use to.
    Yeah, this. Maybe I just don't feel as "rogue-ish" because I got used to the HP system in holy before ret, hard to feel like a rogue when healing. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Auliô View Post
    No Ret is honestly fine at the moment, It's not stright mindless faceroll like it was in Wrath, now you have to think about what your doing. I enjoy ret now.
    You were extremely bad at Ret in WOTLK, clearly. You have no idea what Retribution Paladins were capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    You were extremely bad at Ret in WOTLK, clearly. You have no idea what Retribution Paladins were capable of.
    Huh, what? Where has he mistaken? As one of the WoL top ranking rets in WotLK I'll without a doubt say that perfectly executing your rotation wasn't as rewarding because any fool smashing the keyboard could be no more than 1k dps behind. Some call it facerolling, some don't, but don't get offended.

And to reply to a couple of posts above - nothing smart and fun about the new ret either. Fun would be if Blizzard stood up to its promises about secondary stats being more interactive, be close to equally worth, and I thought the haste talent was introduced for that reason. Mastery for passive DPS, haste for 1 filler instead of two, and so on. Was hoping we could actually get to the haste "cap" to be able to change our rotation, but what you do now is what you will do at the end of expansion, it's gear independant.
    Last edited by Nailien; 2011-07-30 at 09:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailien View Post
    Huh, what? Where has he mistaken? As one of the WoL top ranking rets in WotLK I'll without a doubt say that perfectly executing your rotation wasn't as rewarding because any fool smashing the keyboard could be no more than 1k dps behind. Some call it facerolling, some don't, but don't get offended.
    This is a bold faced lie and you know it, If this was the case every Ret would have had the same DPS or within 1K of each other and they weren't even close to that. I really hate people like you that try so hard to convince people Ret was something it wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    So here is the thing, I have been playing a human pally since vanilla, ret has always been my spec of choice, and at the end of Wotlk I wanted to shelf him. The class had no difficulty in play...I mean...did DS auto reset? Could you hit face to keyboard at least once a GCD and not stand in fire? If so you could play a pally well and therefore everyone who wanted to experience end game content played the easiest class they could get a hold of. When they redesigned the class 80% of the bad rets became bad prot pallys and realized tanking requires thought...and then gave up on the class. The class took work to figure out a rotation, many hours of getting data for spreadsheets, experimenting and just pain. Cata drops and figures out the mastery sucked and then changed it (which was not totally a loss due to the higher focus of ranged dps during BoT/BWD). Now the class is awesome, it has difficulty in play, active thought is now required while playing to effectively use the two resource system, while still maintaining the support class that the pally is. In pvp rets are outstanding, unrootable, rediculous burst, great healing...I mean what more could you ask for...O wait we do wear plate and have bubble...yep nothing more could be wanted. In my opinion ret is at a high point in its career I have never had so much fun as a ret pally as I am now. For those who were too lazy to learn how to play a complicated class, roll an arcane mage I think that is pretty manageable right now...I mean other mages will laugh at you for going oom but your dps will be good until then