Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like the idea of holy power. Love seeing those giant TV crits on my screen. What I don't like is going 2-3 seconds while waiting for something to go off cooldown if you get unlucky dry spells. Also, having RNG acounting for a huge portion of my damage isn't my idea of fun.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from the fact we're now a plate wielding rogue, I like the fact it feels as though I have a bit more of a priority system. However, we do have to hope for Hand of Light procs which is ridiculous at times, why we have a boost to our healing at the bottom of our tree is beyond me as a DPS class, and we have to wait for crusader strike to come off cooldown usually, i'm just sat there twiddling my thubs waiting for either CS/Holy Wrath/Judgement ;D

All in all, if I had not played the class from Cata Beta I would have abandoned it, have to admit it was upsetting for a Holy Paladin to exorcism spam a ret to death near the start of Cata :'(

The people who don't think ret has a problem obviously don't play a ret. The biggest issue that ret has is the constant waiting, half the time your waiting for either Crusader strike to come off cooldown(should be fricken 3 seconds anyways) or some holy wrath filler that does shit for damage so is a dps loss because of a weak hit. And if the RNG gods love you. you can get a few procs in a row. Make the talent instead of making it affect our cooldown with haste just bring it to 3 seconds flat. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by BullStizz View Post
    The people who don't think ret has a problem obviously don't play a ret. The biggest issue that ret has is the constant waiting, half the time your waiting for either Crusader strike to come off cooldown(should be fricken 3 seconds anyways) or some holy wrath filler that does shit for damage so is a dps loss because of a weak hit. And if the RNG gods love you. you can get a few procs in a row. Make the talent instead of making it affect our cooldown with haste just bring it to 3 seconds flat. Is that so much to ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    - Retri needs another HP generating spell / technique / that does holy damage with a low CD;
    - Worst crowd controls of the game, must be reworked
    - Inquisition is a nice thing but it needs to be less HP eating.
    That's what i'm saying.

Because 2-3 sec is SUCH a long time....

For me, a retribution paladin have always been like a slow train, maybe no imediet danger but you can't ignore it for ever, sooner or later it'll hit you and you'll die horribly
    So when they added a CD on WoG it really made me sad, I liked the slow but steady dmg and hard to kill, I liked when we were playing defensive offense, healing half of the time and doing dmg the other half, sure you didn't do dmg to kill a player of equal gear within 3-5 sec and you had to heal your self, reset the fight with bubble+heals etc to pull out the dmg needed to kill the other player.

The role as a supportclass, with dicent dmg and decent heals, thats what I liked, though there is no place for such a class in the Min/Max world of warcraft, but it were still fun!

Lesser homogenization, more diversity, ok in everything but not great at anything either (mage=great dmg, great survival, horrible heal, ret=ok dmg, ok survival, ok heal (grind em to death!))
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    just posting what i posted in another thread:
    Fix haste scaleing, and redesign Divine Purpose, make it give you 3 free holy power on use, 1 minute cooldown, so you still need to use holypower for other things then templars Verdict

im sure they will get rid of holy power next xpac (at least for ret) they wont rework it this time around but the system is clunky and unfun

just give stuff cds an gg no need for holy power
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    im sure they will get rid of holy power next xpac (at least for ret)
    i hope no.

I think holy power is fine, as well as having Templars Verdict as a hardhitter with an effective "10+seconds" cooldown.

What i dont like is inquisition. Slice & dice works for rogues because they gain combo points a lot faster but if rets are supposed to have semihardhitting crusaderstrikes dealing a lot fo damage every few seconds and a really hard hitting tv every 3 crusaderstrikes, thats not really fun with inquisition, it makes it clunky, the ramp up is just annoying. Ignoring inquisition reduces dps, but its nicer to play thats why it needs to go.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Deleted
    Having played ret pally as my main since vanilla, I can honestly say that in MY opinion the BC period was the best. I liked being an underdog, instead of a fucking joke as we basically were in wrath. There was such an increase (I dont have statistics, but i cannot be the only 1 who noticed it) in ret pallys because they were very easy to master, and to make decent dps.

Now ofc there was a big difference from being a faceroller in wrath, to being an actual good ret paladin. I hardly ever see any rets but my self use BoP (yes i still call it that) and BoF and all the other helpful utilities we can bring, both in pve aswell as pvp. I think cataclysm made ret paladins better than they were in wrath... That being said I dont like holypower, it feels too much like a rogue building combo points. I would like to just eliminate the holypower, and bring it closer to what it was in mid-bc.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    4.03 Ret was 'stolen' from the Rift warrior class/soul. Holy power in particular.

It sucks, along with every other pointless buildup/proc/cooldown that came with Cata.
    Thats pretty much the other way around, holy power thing was announced before Rift had any announcement on their classes.

Back to topic, the class needs more abilities, not the Holy Power getting removed, HP and the crusader strike' benefit from haste was one of the best thing that could have happened for ret. , yet still, Blizzard left the system incomplete -_-

Like I said already... just a 4 second base CS cooldown would help a lot.

I have an alt pally....and i just need to laugh at this thread. Anyone who disagrees to a complete redesign or sais retribution is hard needs to realize the op is most likely right. ANY spec that has a mod(clcret) that plays the spec for them...needs a complete overhaul. I will say while yes "faceroll wotlk ret" was just that it was also a lot more fun that this crap now. I think holy power was the absolute worst addition to paladins as a whole as the differences between "stacks" of HP are too high to even warrant using anything BUT 3 stacks. It's so utterly useless. I dont find it fun to keep inq up, CS 3x then TV while using procs in between efficiently. Not to mention sometime i sit there idle waiting for an art of war proc and then pray for a divine purpose proc when INQ is about to wear out. The spec may require "thinking" now but its not in the least bit challenging nor is it fun now. At least faceroll wotlk ret was fun.

I liked Retribution in Wrath, and I like it now, but in both instances, it could still benefit from some tweaking. I personally don't think a redesign is necessary, but some QoL style things would be very much appreciated. Just adjusting the cooldowns of some filler abilities and mechanic that offered at least a chance of refreshing Inquisition would go a long way.

Example: Making Holy Wrath available as often as Crusader Strike, and made single target via a Retribution talent. This would allow people to fill empty GCDs (less standing around) and raise the skill cap by still using Exorcism procs & Judgement preferentially, etc, so that using Holy Wrath after every CS cooldown would be a DPS loss.

Making Consecration a good AoE attack like the buff to Seal of Righteousness would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    - Holy power is the best thing that happened to the Retardin;
    - Retri needs another HP generating spell / technique / that does holy damage with a low CD;
    - Worst crowd controls of the game, must be reworked
    - Inquisition is a nice thing but it needs to be less HP eating.

Right now, its still the most boring melee spec i have ever played in this game.
    No. We need another spell that doesn't require holy power but does decent damage by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    1. Give Paladins Dual wield.

2. Make it possible to use Seals on shield.

3. Give Paladins 3 types of Seals
    - Offensive(damage / heal)
    - Defensive(tank / turtle)
    - Utility(Debuffs / Dispels etc.)
    (2 active at one time, pref. Offensive or Utility on Main hand, Defensive or Utility on Offhand)

4. Give them Main hand judgement and Offhand judgement.

5. Make seals back to 30seconds and fading on judgement, rotating different offensive
    seals would be the core damage / healing mechanic for paladins.

I really don't like the current paladin mechanics at all. Holy power is just
    annoying.

I think the 30 second seals had potential even tho they were kinda clunky
    in TBC.

god no i HATE macros with passion that would make me bank my pala peroid

note i have no macros on amy char
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2011-07-31 at 06:29 PM.

my main spec is holy, so i don't care a lot.
    but i don't like it now, back in wotlk i liked it and sometimes i offspec it to do some dungeon, but now NO.

For PvP... I really really really really really really really really... *5 years later* Really really really really really really *Gasp for breath* Really would like a distance closer... And for my wings and Freedom to be undispellable... seeing as they are 2 things that make us worth anything.

Without wings HoW, you have to rely on getting a lot of procs in order to be dangerous.. It's happened before. I've killed people with a endless reign of TV because of Divine Purpose procs... But It's unreliable, and alltogether sad. We have no way to get into range. Repentance is a 1 minute CD... Stun is a 40 second - 1 minute CD depending on your spec. Most of my losses are not from not having enough damage, or because I couldn't interrupt.... but rather... Because I spent my time playing Tag your it. And they were faster. It's also really hard to interrupt someone you can only be next to for 3 seconds every 30 seconds.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

I agree Ret in WotLK was about as easy as it gets. Not all Rets, even during LK, were created equally.

Personally, I don't mind Ret's playstyle atm. I remember Blizz at one point saying they didn't want classes to be GCD locked. Well at least they accomplished it for 1 class, and only partially so. As so many others have stated, not having abilities to use for extended periods of time is not fun, IMO. We do get the extreme too. You have 3 HP....HoL proc, HoL proc, Exo procs, still have 3hp, TV, another Exo proc, etc(periods where CS, our bread and butter is actually off cooldown and not being cast).

Personally, I think a good fix would be to lower Holy Wraths cooldown by 2 or 3 seconds, up the damage, and make a talent in Ret change it so it only hits 1 target. Out AoE is decent assuming the right seal. Not like Holy Wrath actually counts as AoE damage. Also, it actually has to do real damage, and a new icon would be nice while I'm making wishes.

The only other thing is PvP survivability. Every melee is in a better boat than we are. Other than bubble, which is usually just delaying death for 8 seconds, we only really have 1 cooldown, and SS.

I'd like to see the old SS come back. Make it work with WoG like it did with FoL. If you combined these 2 ideas, 1 shorter cooldown offense ability that hits for a decent amount, and a defensive cooldown we can cast....our rotation would be good. Our overall damage would be evened out a bit and we could cast defensive fillers to ease raid damage and empty spots in the rotation.

PS: I thought I read a while back that they were going to fix Holy Wrath so it didn't split damage with critters. Last I checked it still does...anyone else remember this or am I losing my mind?