Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Honestly, both Draenei AND Blood Elves deserve more lore. I understand there are a lot of races to devote time to. But honestly, the original 8 races seem like the "real" Horde/Alliance while the other 4 are considered "canon".

If the plan is "Draenei/Blood Elves got an entire expansion of lore so we can leave them alone now. Now Worgen/Goblins will get an entire expansion of lore and afterwards we'll leave them alone too. All the while we will constantly provide updates on the original 8 races. This is fair," I will not be happy.
    Holy Paladin
    Eltoshan @ Firetree
    Keeping you alive, with only one hand. Because I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    late 'human' campaign, but honestly there isn't too much there, other than the fact that they're in Outland and they don't like Magtheridon.

And yes, some new Draenei lore would be great, especially more about how they age. That's been the bane of several of the RPers here, since it makes dating a bio rather difficult.
    Yeah, one of the first comments made on my BIO was about the age of my character. More lore please.

<Taking signature/banner requests, but nothing complicated. Request via PM please.>
    My work here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    My idea for draenei lore.
    During fight with sargeras he uses some awesome unbreakable shield.
    Velen finds out that to destroy it he need to sacrefice himself and all other draenei.
    This adds not only awesome lore but also gets rid of them for warcraft 4. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Velen finds out that to destroy it he need to sacrefice himself and all other draenei.
    This adds not only awesome lore but also gets rid of them for warcraft 4. Profit.
    Then they rise up and say "Sacrifice was merely a setback!" There is your lore ready for WC4.

Quote Originally Posted by TraksSuns View Post
    There has been nothing since TBC-Sunwell.

Thats the guys point. History is history. All races have recieved some lore development and ACTUAL world presence.

Just because you spawned some NPCs here and there doesnt cut the deal.

---------- Post added 2011-07-31 at 12:15 PM ----------

Knowledge is poor in here.

They were powerful from the time being. Blizzard didnt make them Cpt. America..err,Draeonor.
    Not really. Before BC Draenie were just a simple race that lived on outland. They looked like broken because that's what Draenie were. When BC came along they decided to change their own lore to make them a playable race. Thus the lore they created essentually turned the them into one of the most powerful races ever. Which also turned Kil'Jeaden and Archimonde into corrupted aliens rather then full blown demons.

And I still don't see how peopl think there isn't lore on these guys. Just because it isn't spit out ingame doesn't mean it isn't there.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Deleted
    Pretty sure Blizzard stated that the space goats are immortal according to WoWpedia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    I really want the Draenei to get some good developments soon. Its been 2 expansions now and im starting to wonder if Blizz forgot we exist.
    Blizzard is probably reluctant to go big with the Draenei because they got so much bad reactions on their lore before. Most people don't like how they went from Lost Ones to uncorrupted Eredar, and they also don't like spaceships in a fantasy game. Blizzard even admitted they screwed up with Draenei lore.

But given that fact, they can't keep ignoring the Draenei forever. A portion of their playerbase has a Draenei character, so they have to do something.
    And I agree it's been very very long since anything happened with the Draenei. There's Velen's show at the Sunwell, but I don't think that's enough.

I don't play a Draenei character, and I hate them with a passion. But yes, they need some loving.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    I think both horde and alliance can agree than the Draenei need some big lore developments. As much as i love them, i just cant say that theyve intergrated well into azeroth at this point.. the most Draenei lore we get is about shamans who join the earthen ring.

what about the light side of the Draenei? Draenei magi? Etc..

I really want the Draenei to get some good developments soon. Its been 2 expansions now and im starting to wonder if Blizz forgot we exist.
    i enjoyed vash just cause u quested for a broken draenei
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    that could also work for gnome

death to alll gnomes

and yes i am aliance

They'll get their big shot when Sargeras comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by TraksSuns View Post
    You forget that Velen was one of the leaders of Eredar. So far Eredar are acknowledged as the wisests and holiest race in WoW Universe.
    Draenei=Eredar origin wise. Same blood, same people. Draenei are just small group/pack of those who followed Velen thats it. They still are Eredar and they still share the same history, traditions and mentality.

There is lore, but its stagnating and NOT progressing. See Humans, Orcs, Worgen, Forsaken, Dwarves to some extent of how they got to know their roots, and others. Draenei are sitting in Exodar. They are not pussies. They are Guardians/Warriors of Naaru i.e Light. They have this connection-religion wise with Humans and Dwarves. Blizz should have used that.

Also they could pour in some Draenei in to Branns Expedition since they are curious race.

And how Metzen mocked Draenei that they dont have lore just shocked me. Seriously, the guy should go under lobotmy.

WoW world so far is pretty stale. I know its just me dreaming, but they should move NPCs around, make small dialogues within Alliance/Horde leadership per patch. Id like to see Worgen in Exodar, Draenei in Gnomeregan helping with tech or w/e, Dwarves in Nelf outposts.
    They have a small bit of lore that's increasing currently. Though it's all speculative.

Since Velen essentially took it upon himself to bash the religious faiths of all the other races and say how the Naru are the only way. Even going as far as saying Elune wasn't who they think she is, said she was either an ancient Draeni or another Naru can't remember exactly.

And since they don't fall under the idea of Titans and elementals since they aren't native to Azeroth, there isn't really any place for alot of new lore right now. When we see Kil'Jeaden again I'm sure more info on them will be put up. Or if they ever release Argus.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    They have a small bit of lore that's increasing currently. Though it's all speculative.

Since Velen essentially took it upon himself to bash the religious faiths of all the other races and say how the Naru are the only way. Even going as far as saying Elune wasn't who they think she is, said she was either an ancient Draeni or another Naru can't remember exactly.
    Yes, and somehow that's quite unlikely and I don't know where they get that. Or they want to make Velen arrogant or ignorant. He should tell to Cenarius that his mother is a Naaru. I don't know but he doesn't resemble anything of a Naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post

I didn't interpret that part of the lore QA like that. To me, Velen simply noted a few similarities between Elune and the Naaru, and floated the idea of trying to use the same techniques the Draenei use to commune with the Naaru to commune with Elune. Tyrande overruled him, and as far as we know Velen dropped the subject. He didn't exactly burst into the Temple of the Moon and told everyone they were ignorant fools, he just had a philosophical conversation with Tyrande. Hardly unusual for two religious leaders of faiths on amicable terms.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Draenai actually have lots and lots of lore, it just needs to be looked and researched just as anything else in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I didn't interpret that part of the lore QA like that. To me, Velen simply noted a few similarities between Elune and the Naaru, and floated the idea of trying to use the same techniques the Draenei use to commune with the Naaru to commune with Elune. Tyrande overruled him, and as far as we know Velen dropped the subject. He didn't exactly burst into the Temple of the Moon and told everyone they were ignorant fools, he just had a philosophical conversation with Tyrande. Hardly unusual for two religious leaders of faiths on amicable terms.
    Well it isn't exactly smart to tell a religion that their deity and entire belief system is not quite correct...

Velen: Hey i'm Velen, I'm 25,000 years old! Elune, she's a Na'ru...Earth Mother, Na'ru...God, Na'ru...Your great aunt Elisha, yep, Na'ru

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well it isn't exactly smart to tell a religion that their deity and entire belief system is not quite correct...

Velen: Hey i'm Velen, I'm 25,000 years old! Elune, she's a Na'ru...Earth Mother, Na'ru...God, Na'ru...Your great aunt Elisha, yep, Na'ru
    One would think a being, who is over 25k years old should know of tact.

I gave up waiting for Draenei lore halfway through Wrath. Things were even in TBC, Blood elves shared TK with Draenei, and they had Sunwell whereas Draenei had BT. Draenei shared Outlands in general with the Orcs. But with Wrath, Blizzard had an opportunity to insert the paladin and priest orders the Draenei revere in order to battle the undead, since they were a creation of the Burning Legion after all.

Now with Cata, there really is no lore for Draenei at all, since they have nothing to do with the Old Gods or Deathwing.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

tbh i doubt they will ever add something about them in this expansion(if they will they'll add wotlk-like draenei lore which sucked dooooonkey balls)

let's hope for the next expansion. I really like the whole race and etc but I feel that they as well as Blood Elves are like wtfi'mdoinghere in this expac.

Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Pretty sure Draenei are one of the races with the most lore...It's just not present in World of Warcraft. Search up Eredar or Draenei in WoWWiki or something and your lore hunger will be filled.