Thread: 60GB SSDs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Speaking from experience DONT I bought a 64gig SSD for my laptop thinking sure i'll only have wow and the os.. this is of course after all the windows updates after installing wow i had a grand total of 10gig left.. and let me tell you that was anoying as hell, not to mention further windows updates. Do yourself a favour and get a 120GB NOTHING LESS.

The 64GIG is now in the EEEPC simply because i didn't want to have it wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Toator View Post
    I've never been a fan of 60gig or smaller SSDs. They are still worth the money in my book, but I'd prefer dropping an extra 70-100$ for a 120gig. I just picked up 2 last month after having my old 60gig Vertex2s fail on me. Threw them in Raid0 and I'm loving them.
    The reviews for the OCZ ones just scare me. I really am tempted to just go up to a 120ish one and pay the extra premium but I'm not sure I'd trust going with ocz. I know there has been some people who have had success but when I read every other review as 5 egg 1 egg 5 egg 1 egg it doesn't really do much for the case. It almost seems as though they're 50/50 and I'm not a very good gambler.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    60GB SSD's are quite possibly the most irritating thing I've ever tried to use as a boot drive.
    red panda red panda red panda!

60GB SSD's are too small in my opinion and you'll end up upgrading again because of it's small size. I myself just purchased a 128GB one and can't wait for it to arrive. You're not going to use it as a storage device anyways, so you can't compare it to the larger HDD's out there. It'll make your system run faster as far as apps, but it's not going to make you watch video's or listen to music any faster than any HDD.

I'd rather have room for growth rather than finding things to delete because I have no more disk space.