10+ Year Old Account

Question Is framerate "tied" to resolution?

If a video, say a youtube video for example, has a higher display resolution (720p) that the default 480p will the framerate be improved?

Thats the video in question, but the idea is more general.

No, it will still play at the same rate.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    No, it will still play at the same rate.
    Yea it will. If you play a 1080p video on your PC it takes more CPU and GPU usage than a lower quality video.

That is
    Lower quality would player smoother on a bad PC
    Higher quality would be jumpy on a bad PC - but it won't make a difference on a good PC

Or maybe I misunderstood the question.

Deleted
    He meant if setting the video to higher resolutions equals in a higher framerate of the video. It doesn't.

Deleted
    The actual videos framerate will not improve either way, the framerate your pc will be able to process it will with lower resolutions.

If you really want to watch something smooth when it's your pc then download it and watch using a media player. I suggest Media Player Classic as with a codec pack it plays literally anything and never had a framerate problem with this crappy laptop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    The actual videos framerate will not improve, the framerate your pc will be able to process it will.

If you really want to watch something smooth when it's your pc then download it and watch using a media player. I suggest Media Player Classic as with a codec pack it plays literally anything and never had a framerate problem with this crappy laptop.
    Yea that's what I meant.

The video you upload will not change. But it will depend on the users PC how they can play it.