Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    That's the beauty of it ^^

Pff, ps3. I do my nhl-games on the xbox360. (But damn is it loud)
    It's not really the fans in it either, it's the horrible DVD drive the 360 uses...

I don't have NHL games! I should get a used one...
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    It's not really the fans in it either, it's the horrible DVD drive the 360 uses...

I don't have NHL games! I should get a used one...
    Wait for the NHL12! Buy it fresh. Play it til it falls apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully I can use my fathers work computer, that way I can unleash the best of thousand truths! x5690's sup? :O But il have to behing the begging spree

Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    Hopefully I can use my fathers work computer, that way I can unleash the best of thousand truths! x5690's sup? :O But il have to behing the begging spree
    Pay my power bill and I can already do that.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

That's the beauty of it ^^

Pff, ps3. I do my nhl-games on the xbox360. (But damn is it loud)
    Get a new revision, far more quiet than the original 360's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Pay my power bill and I can already do that.
    LOL. /10ch

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Get a new revision, far more quiet than the original 360's.
    Pay more money for an Xbox360? Yea, not happening. :P NHL-games are games I actually use sound with, so I'll just stick the Xbox somewhere and listen to Kronwall smashing Crosbys face.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pay more money for an Xbox360? Yea, not happening. :P NHL-games are games I actually use sound with, so I'll just stick the Xbox somewhere and listen to Kronwall smashing Crosbys face.
    You are the best Swede ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Oh god... 4 580 cores running at the same time... so much heat...
    it's about like having a 600w space heater, and yes, when its 85 degrees in your room, it gets harder to keep your computer cool

also, Is anyone running the GPU client on an ATi card? a friend of mine is having trouble getting the gpu client to work on two 6870's

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    it's about like having a 600w space heater, and yes, when its 85 degrees in your room, it gets harder to keep your computer cool

also, Is anyone running the GPU client on an ATi card? a friend of mine is having trouble getting the gpu client to work on two 6870's
    I couldn't get it to work on 1 6950. Error : GPU is not supported.
    On the site it also states that only up to the 5000 series is supported. Or am I doing something wrong here?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last night my SSD had about 25GB worth of space left... it was doing the F@H. Then I just checked now.... 11.5GB left. >_>

I could not find for the life of me where that 14GB went, so I re-downloaded F@H, it prompted me to repair or remove F@H, I removed it, and am going to reinstall it to a HDD because I'm sure that factor doesn't matter much, whether it is installed to a main disk or not... But seriously, that's a good chunk of space disappearing. =/ And not to mention, when I removed F@H, it only took .1GB off of the SSD, no returns or exchanges. Any thoughts?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Did you check your temp folders? Those by default are on the boot drive, unless you change them.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Did you check your temp folders? Those by default are on the boot drive, unless you change them.
    indeed, there may be partial data parses still left from the downloaded protein core on your SSD. I would do a thorough search through your files just to be sure.

BTW - GPU MUs seem to be worth significantly less than CPU WUs, though the CPU WUs seem to take much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Last night my SSD had about 25GB worth of space left... it was doing the F@H. Then I just checked now.... 11.5GB left. >_>

I could not find for the life of me where that 14GB went, so I re-downloaded F@H, it prompted me to repair or remove F@H, I removed it, and am going to reinstall it to a HDD because I'm sure that factor doesn't matter much, whether it is installed to a main disk or not... But seriously, that's a good chunk of space disappearing. =/ And not to mention, when I removed F@H, it only took .1GB off of the SSD, no returns or exchanges. Any thoughts?
    Check in the %appdata% (write that in an explorer window) folder for the F@H work folder. Also after re-installation, in the F@H shortcut (also the one that's in the startup folder) make sure the "Start in" field is set to something else than your SSD-drive. Think it defaults to appdata on C: and keeps on working in there. You might have to copy the folder from appdata and put it somewhere else.

I literally started looking at F@H yesterday so might be a little early out with insight on how it works but this is what I observed using the GPU3 client.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-08-19 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I couldn't get it to work on 1 6950. Error : GPU is not supported.
    On the site it also states that only up to the 5000 series is supported. Or am I doing something wrong here?
    That explains why it worked on my 5770 but not on my 6950.

That coilwhine from the GTX 560ti is terrifying. ...ah well, I'll leave it on while I'm @ college.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Check in the %appdata% (write that in an explorer window) folder for the F@H work folder. Also after re-installation, in the F@H shortcut (also the one that's in the startup folder) make sure the "Start in" field is set to something else than your SSD-drive. Think it defaults to appdata on C: and keeps on working in there. You might have to copy the folder from appdata and put it somewhere else.

I literally started looking at F@H yesterday so might be a little early out with insight on how it works but this is what I observed using the GPU3 client.
    Soooo. What "start-in" folder? I go into the F@H program file and there's nothing named that. :/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    That coilwhine from the GTX 560ti is terrifying. ...ah well, I'll leave it on while I'm @ college.
    I'm not getting it on mine, weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Soooo. What "start-in" folder? I go into the F@H program file and there's nothing named that. :/
    It's a shortcut property, so can't go into the .exe properties directly. F@H seem to be deciding on where to put work data based on what folder it's defined to "start in" by the shortcut you use. I don't know but I'd imagine that if you don't use any shortcut it might just default to %appdata%.

I'd try moving the F@H folder from %appdata% and put it on another drive, then make a shortcut to the F@H executable and modify the "start in" to the new folder location.

Again, kind of completely new to F@H, so if anyone knows better do tell.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm creeping up in ranks!

I left my PS3 going today, as well as fired up f@h on the 560Ti. It's supposed to get to 31celcius today... probably wasn't a good idea... xD