Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting to be in the top 10 by tomorrow morning.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There, added myself to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Misen View Post
    yep its fun refreshing our stat page.
    Speaking of which i'm tearing you guys apart just jumped 2 spaces to 15th.

I was 28th this morning.

FOR SCIENCE!
    I'm not running anything that simple. tsk..
    bigadv is the way to go. Just takes 2 days to complete, but then I'll be above you again. Apparently it's worth 60k points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it? haven't seen anyone push one out yet. Should I bother if I don't have an I7? AMD X4 965 BE.

Edit: stats just updated Cyan at 90k lol.

Ehm, don't try. You need 8+ cores. Preferably 8 physical cores even, but HT cores are reported as physical cores to the server, that's why we can get them :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My father allowed me to use his PC next week! Oh yeah 1st place here I come (well not I .... not my PC :X)

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I wanted get in the top 5 but i dont think i will be able to . This makes me want a new graphics card even more! *Orders 2 580's* jk im not Asera!
    Except my 24/7 folding GPU is a single GTS250.

/pat
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    I've thrown in the towel. Won't be doing any "hardcore" folding anymore.

Don't really like how this went from a group effort ("The Folding Team of MMO-Champion") to individual epeen measurement. Basically, a part of it is that I don't have nearly the power to keep up (a 3.0Ghz P4, a Fusion E350, a 2.6Ghz dual core E6400 and my 4.7Ghz i5 2500k + a 560ti, a GTS250 and a GT6600), and the amount of power those setups pull together... it's actually pretty costly to keep systems running 24/7 at almost full capacity. Not to mention that my apartment/room runs hot as hell. Thus, towel thrown.

Good luck to you crazy folders out there!
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-08-24 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I've thrown in the towel. Won't be folding anymore.

Don't really like how this went from a group effort ("The Folding Team of MMO-Champion") to individual epeen measurement. Basically, a part of it is that I don't have nearly the power to keep up (a 3.0Ghz P4, a Fusion E350, a 2.6Ghz dual core E6400 and my 4.7Ghz i5 2500k + a 560ti, a GTS250 and a GT6600), and the amount of power those setups pull together... it's actually pretty costly to keep systems running 24/7 at almost full capacity. Not to mention that my apartment/room runs hot as hell. Thus, towel thrown.

Good luck to you crazy folders out there!
    *shrugs*

No one is gonna judge you different for not pushing out the scores others are. (least I hope no ones talking crap)
    I don't have to worry about electric bill luckily (yay work) and if I have the resources to potentially save lives one day why not?

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Chances are I'm gonna squeal when I see my next power bill. :s

Although, with folding going on both my cpu and gpu, my UPS says the system is only drawing about 280watts.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misen View Post
    *shrugs*

No one is gonna judge you different for not pushing out the scores others are. (least I hope no ones talking crap)
    I don't have to worry about electric bill luckily (yay work) and if I have the resources to potentially save lives one day why not?
    Don't get me wrong, I'll probably start up the software when I'm just doing research, writing a report or just browsing the internet. It's all for a good cause. But this whole team just isn't as appealing anymore due to the constant measurement. Not to bash anyone, all are entitled to do what they want and if competing over folding points does it for them - so be it. Just wanted to share my personal opinion; that I don't like how this quickly slipped away from a "team effort" kind of thing.

You have the computing power of my GPU and CPU :]

Enjoy

Oh, my GPU finished a task and the client didn't crash. Hooray!!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Oh, my GPU finished a task and the client didn't crash. Hooray!!
    I have to run my GPU from a command prompt, hopefully it doesnt crash either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragtik View Post
    I have to run my GPU from a command prompt, hopefully it doesnt crash either.
    On my laptop (2nd validator in sig) I have the console client running, no problems.

But on my desktop (1st validator) I have a AMD 6000 series card, so I have to run the latest beta...

Is it normal for the SMP thread (running the V7 client) to take much longer on some tests? The first test it gave me (Fahcore 0xa4) gave me an estimated ~6hours to complete... while the second one I got (Fahcore 0xa3) is 42% done and has an ETA of 13 hours 42 minutes, with an estimated TPF of 14 mins 21 seconds (for comparison, the Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz in my MacBook Pro running a 0xa3 test has an estimated TPF of 11 minutes >_>) Makes me wonder if there's some instability in my CPU overclock or something...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Is it normal for the SMP thread (running the V7 client) to take much longer on some tests? The first test it gave me (Fahcore 0xa4) gave me an estimated ~6hours to complete... while the second one I got (Fahcore 0xa3) is 42% done and has an ETA of 13 hours 42 minutes, with an estimated TPF of 14 mins 21 seconds (for comparison, the Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz in my MacBook Pro running a 0xa3 test has an estimated TPF of 11 minutes >_>) Makes me wonder if there's some instability in my CPU overclock or something...
    Some of the folding thingers are larger than others. Like, muuuuch larger. I think you get more points for bigger projects you manage to complete.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Edit: figured it out myself

Potential noob question, but I downloaded the SMP client for both my laptop and desktop, and neither of the clients are using more than 25% of the cpu. is this normal? is there a way i can make the clients work "harder" to use more of the cpu's potential in order to get WU's done faster?
    I have an intel i7 920 for my desktop and an AMD phenom II x4 P920 for my laptop. thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Bloodlover; 2011-08-25 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Some of the folding thingers are larger than others. Like, muuuuch larger. I think you get more points for bigger projects you manage to complete.
    I guess I'll have to wait and see when I get home from work.