Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    And your point is? Now having played Diablo 2 makes you cool or gives you more rights?
    The thing is, this crap is making people who haven't played Diablo 2 lose interest in getting to even try this new D3, like happened to me.
    Because it just sounds horribly cheap and saddens me.
    It doesn't make anyone "Cool" I think it just gives them both sides of the story per say. You can compare how D2 was with the gameplay in WoW and see how different the two games are!

Not gonna support this so i wont be buying the game.

I much prefer knowing that it's illegal so I'm not even tempted to do it. The fact it's now legal and supported is what drives me nuts.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticLemon View Post
    it doesn't remain does it when the vast majority of players can be running around with the items in 2 seconds flat that I earned to get, this breaks that feel of the game, YES it was there before anyways by people selling it in 3rd party sites, but that stayed out of my way, now its right there. it makes you aware and it is kind of a kick in the face. they are business and they are i guess entitled to do what they want and have the right to earn money, but I can't help feel that everything is now going to the casual gamers favor and some quick quid in your pocket.
    "Oh as long as I can't see it it's not a problem"

Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Stop your ridiculous QQ please. If you don't want to pay RL money for an item, play the game normaly and ignore it.

Blizzard is a company bet on making money. They are making ways of making more money. The game fun remains, enjoy it and stop QQ.
    Yeah, never pay RL money, and neither you can play successively.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was trying to go through the thread to find answers to some of my questions, but after reading, cautiously, through the first 25 pages... I think I'm just gonna have to ask and try to find someone neutral on the situation to answer. now note, the most I've ever played the Diablo franchise is some 1, and some 2, solo on my computer because my friend gave me a cracked version of D2 - so at best I could only play it alone.

1) When playing solo, are they setting it up so you will still be playing "on" a battle.net dedicated server?
    2) Has there been any indication for D3 that you -have- to group up (either with friends or strangers) to play this?
    3) in the older Diablos, could you trade (or sell) items you got in 'solo play' also, or were the items only... sellable when items dropped in a group or something?

Newbish questions? Yes. I'm not entirely sure how to handle this announcement, but since I am not incredibly familiar with Diablo's playstyle I'm reserving judgement. If I still have the ability to boot it up, go through some random dunegons voodooing my way through it solo, then I really do not care. ...-and- if I can chuck a few things on the AH and make maybe 3, 4 extra bucks a month, that's a free month of wow in 3 months or so. I'm fine with that.

I much prefer knowing that it's illegal so I'm not even tempted to do it. The fact it's now legal and supported is what drives me nuts.
    It was never illegal in D2 to buy items from 3rd parties.

And your point is? Now having played Diablo 2 makes you cool or gives you more rights?
    No, but it means he can at least claim he knows what he's talking about, unlike so many others in this thread who are speaking like an authority about a game they haven't even experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vevex View Post
    If you never played Diablo 2 you could not begin to understand how HORRIBLE the economy was in the Game. Seriously, EVERYONE purchased items. At least everyone who was "competitive". No one cares if you do not join us in Diablo 3 - to be completely honest I welcome less of the WoW community to NOT purchase Diablo 3. The game will do perfectly fine without you...
    Well on the other side I'm also happy, too, not to join a community that approves of this shit.
    And on a side note, I'm not part of the WoW community, but just this forum.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    "Oh as long as I can't see it it's not a problem"

Ugh
    I never said it wasn't a problem in my post, I said it stay out of my way, there is a differnce between for expample someone selling drugs in your street down the road then someone selling drugs on your door step. is what I'm saying.

It was never illegal in D2 to buy items from 3rd parties.
    So what was the need of implementing this at this point?
    I just don't get it now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveros View Post
    prevent asian gold farming? no this completely supports it
    By saturating the market with competition, you actually do discourage it. With the amount of players who will be using this system (and I assure you, there will be lots of them), the market will be too saturated for it to be a viable source of revenue. They'll still do it, but it'll be far less lucrative than it was before, and there won't nearly be as many.

People had already bought and sold items in D2 through third-party websites; it was part of the endgame for a large chunk of the playerbase. I supposed they figured they'd do something with that. Regardless, it's more efficient and much safer for players who were planning on doing this anyways.

Really don't understand what the uproar is about. Too many of you are focusing too much on the buying portion of these transactions, and not enough on the selling. You technically don't even have to spend any actual money to participate. Selling items in-game will put currency credit onto your B.Net account, which you can use to buy other items that players are selling. Nothing you physically own has to change hands.

It functions similarly to gold, except it won't be subject to as much inflation as Gold would be, and you can exchange it for a tangible currency. I'd say it's a hell of a lot better than Gold.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2011-08-01 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    No, but it means he can at least claim he knows what he's talking about, unlike so many others in this thread who are speaking like an authority about a game they haven't even experienced.
    ^ This .... People are comparing Diablo to World of Warcraft. They are SO different - please if you are looking at this with "WoW-tinted glasses" stop commenting.

I suppose they weren't really able to find a proper currency. Those who played Diablo II will know that gold was literally worthless and items (runes) became a currency instead.I suppose that's the reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    lmao

So you think "free to play" means "free to buy" as well?
    there's a difference between f2p and b2p

f2p = no cost to start playing, no fee, like aoc, Lotro, etc.
    b2p = buy the game, no fee. like most games

that's what he meant
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I'm ending our relationship blizzard when did you become a lady of the night...

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    I believe he is referring to psuedo-slaves in China who are forced to farm gold.
    Its not only China. This is happening more and more in African countries as well. This will increse multiple times with a system like this.

Young kids are "sold" into slavery to pay off depts. Thats usually just a start of something much worse including prostition.

And now I can hear alot of ppl saying .. And what has that to do with me? What do I care about other ppls lifes in other countries? Well... Ever wonder how some countries justify allwoing terrorists camps in their countries? Its exactly the same... it generates money - and it doesn't effect that country ... just other countries.

Slavery is still huge buisness in many 3rd countries today. In many cases its much more serious issue than Terrorists cause it effects alot more individuals. Slavery should never be justified. By opening real money AH Blizzard is giving not only existing swetshops a golden opertunity... but potentially opening alot more of them. And Blizzard is justifying it with the fact it makes the sales (safer). Not to mention that they are themselfs making money on slavery.

"we know you'll spend money to buy gold if you cant afford an item on the AH, this way you can just give us the money directly to get that certain item!!" -blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana Angel View Post
    1) When playing solo, are they setting it up so you will still be playing "on" a battle.net dedicated server? 2) Has there been any indication for D3 that you -have- to group up (either with friends or strangers) to play this? 3) in the older Diablos, could you trade (or sell) items you got in 'solo play' also, or were the items only... sellable when items dropped in a group or something?
    1) You can only play D3 online, you _have_ to be on battle.net to make/join a game, private or not. 2) You can play alone all you want, as long as you're online. Make private games, that is games with a password. 3) Solo play and online play were completely separated. When items dropped in D2 online play everyone could see them and whoever picked up the items first "won"/got it. All of those items could be traded as you pleased.
    Last edited by Mth; 2011-08-01 at 02:26 PM.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

Well on the other side I'm also happy, too, not to join a community that approves of this shit.
    And on a side note, I'm not part of the WoW community, but just this forum.
    As I said, we have been and will continue to be fine without you. I do not approve of this option regarding AH either, I also know enough to understand that it does not matter. You will be able to grind out the SAME items that you could Auction. I will simply ignore this feature and enjoy the Game...