Thread: event horizon

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

event horizon

With recount showing real time graphs/tables, it slows down my gameplay FPS a lot. How much would event horizon do this?
    Also, is it mostly dot classes that benefit from event horizon?

Last I checked EventHorizon has been discontinued...

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Last I checked EventHorizon has been discontinued...
    Event Horizon has been discontinued. EventHorizon_Continued however has not. The author (Taroven) of EventHorizonContinued will be able to help you out more than we would. He mostly posts over in the comments section of WoWInterfaces EHC page. I personally do not know why your framerate would be dropping that much, unless you are maybe using a copy of the original EventHorizon, or are maybe using an alpha release of Tarovens work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I personally do not know why your framerate would be dropping that much, unless you are maybe using a copy of the original EventHorizon, or are maybe using an alpha release of Tarovens work.
    I think the OP's wording is a little confusing. What I gathered is that currently, he's using Recount, which is causing FPS issues. He is wondering whether EHC will give him similar problems. To answer your question Stealthedbear, EHC and Recount don't give you the same functionality. You can hide recount and have it still record the fight data so that you don't have to be inundated with the real-time nuances. This should help a lot with the fps drops.

Also, I use EHC on my rogue and I find it better than all the other dot/buff timer addons I've tried. It's compact and I really find the damage "tickmarks" helpful to not override the last rupture ticks. You can also configure it to show/hide trinkets procs and ICDs. /highly-recommended
    primum non nocere