Item Use Macros Self-Cast Issues

Howdy,

I use the following macro that activates my Synapse Springs before casting Renew:

Code:
    #showtooltip Renew
    /use Vicious Gladiator's Satin Gloves
    /cast Renew
    With this macro, the usual self-cast hot key of Alt/Option (yeah, I'm on a mac, what of it?) is disabled. Tried this...

Code:
    #showtooltip Renew
    /cast Renew
    /cast [mod:alt, target=Kombucha] Renew
    No luck... How do I remedy this issue?
    Last edited by kombucha; 2011-08-02 at 02:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

#showtooltip Renew
    /cast Renew

that should work
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

Sorry typo, corrected.

There needs to be a 4th line, the macro you're suggesting is what I'm using currently.
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Did you check to make sure that Alt/Option + key isn't bound to another button somewhere else? If so, then try

#showtooltip Renew
    /cast [@player] Renew
    primum non nocere

Yeah, it's the default self-cast key for me, it works as intended until I try to macro and item to a spell.

I should be more specific, I want to use the same macro to cast on my target when not holding alt/option.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This MIGHT work, and if it does, has the advantage of not having to change the macro if you change your gloves.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 10
    /cast [] Renew

#showtooltip renew
    /use 10
    /cast [mod:alt,@player]renew;renew

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatrap View Post
    #showtooltip renew
    /use 10
    /cast [mod:alt,@player]renew;renew
    That did it, Thanks!