Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Remove "Random Zandalari Dungeon"!

Cataclysm brought many new and cool 5 Mans with exciting designs on the bosses and beautiful areas. Throne of the Tide for example.
    The last months they have been completely dead and hardly visited by anyone.

Random Zandalari have made Cataclysm a expansion with 2 heroics.
    It was okey the first weeks ZA and ZG when they were new and exciting to run. Now i just want to shut of the computer every time the loadingscreen for a Zandalari comes up.

I know that Random Cataclysm Dungeon still is in the game but i dont want to miss out the extra valor.

I think its time to remove Random Zandalari and put ZA/ZG in to the Random Cataclysm rotation.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Im sorry if i not were clear enough in my post. My problem is not that ZA/ZG is to hard, far from that i think they are tuned good. What i was trying to say is that im tired of running the same 2 dungeons for the last months over and over again. It feels stupid of Blizzard who probably spent hundreds of hours designing all the 5 mans they shipped at release to remove them out of the rotation of 5 mans that rewards 140 VP.

I know that the other one still exist but they only give half of the VP, and im currently in a situation were i dont raid and my gaming schedule is tight. I need to get out as much as possible the time im infront of the computer.

I cant see any reason why ZA and ZG cant get into the Random Dungeon rotation. If im not wrong HoR in Wotlk were in the same Random system as UK. Instances with miles apart out of a difficulty perspective. Just put a hidden Ilevel req. on ZA and ZG at for example 346 -350. That way, undergeard players gets the easier dungeons and players that is overgeard gets a good variation of instances. Its a win win situation.
    Last edited by Uniqed; 2011-08-02 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Added to clear up somethings.

Yes! I hate doing ZA then ZG then ZA then ZG then ZA... god...

Well the marks reward for ZA/ZG is higher...
    I see still tons of people fail in ZA / ZG ... For instance had a pug yesterday.
    Everyone but me rotated.

The problem isn't with the queue its with the player. Options still exists, but the players have lost the ability to chose which one they want to do, they need a random tool to tell them which to do. Frankly, if you've reached this state you're doomed.

ZG/ZA can't go in the main random queue, because we learnt from Wrath that people will drop out when they come up because they just want a quick run.

Maybe it would help you chose if the random queue system obeyed the lockout system, so you could only do each dungeon once. Hence saving players from themselves.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Za/ZG's have like a 50% fail rate. The groups that are successful take an hour+ on average to finish. I'll pass on that. Id MUCH rather do normal heroics, so thats what I do.

Basically I cap 3 85s per week.

I do BWD+BOT+BH+Normal heroics on 2 of them

I raid 4/7+ on my main, maybe a BWD, and a few heroics if still not capped.

Yah i really need to quit this game. Will be quitting soon lol.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2011-08-02 at 09:05 AM.

i agree, i think weve had enough of the same 2 dungeons at this point

Deleted
    Agree, they should all give the same amount of VP's. For people who are pressed for time and don't get all their vp's in raids running numerous troll heroics can be very tedious. I also think its in blizzards best interest to revert it. All the hard work they did designing the other heroics is just being overlooked. I know I haven't personally done one since the new troll heroics.

I do troll heroics with 4 or 5 guild groups. If it's less than 4 people, we queue for a regular heroic. It's much faster to do 2 of those on average. The bosses just fall over.

Just do the normal Cata Heroics instead of troll ones?

I sometimes do the old heroics just for fun even if I'm capped, I like them a lot. Plus you get VP from them too, and can probably cap the rest with raids?

Deleted
    Here in EU, the queue is actually shorter on Normal randoms. I personally do more normal randoms then troll dungeons, as in general I can get more valor/h from those then from troll dungeons. Exception is my tank, as when I tank Troll dungeons we actually tend to move fast :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Don't remove them. Merge them with the other ones. Either lower or raise the Valor to make them all match. Who cares about the gear at this point? In Wotlk, when you queued, you could get something as simple as say UK, or something as pug horrifying as HoR. They had deferate levels of gear, and different levels of challenges, but the end reward was the same. DO this again, please.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never set foot in the Zandalari dungeons but I like this idea, I don't understand why Blizzard did it in the first place. Well actually I do, but still...

They should both be just as easy as the original heroics at this point so they may as well.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    I don't do heroics anymore. I prefer to not cap my valor points than do ZA/ZG all the time. I would rather play the game than get sickened by it. So yes I agree with you.

Do you guys really have that much bad luck with the troll heroics? I understand your point and agree with you to an extent but from my experience I've gotten 4 successful bear runs in complete pugs and the longest run was maybe an hour but the people were new to the instance but took advice well and we did fine (wiped on dragonhawk a couple times but that's about it). But like I said before I do agree with you, and as a poster above said I believe it's in their best interest to lower the amount of vp you get from the troll instances, but not to the same level as the others as the instances are harder. I think rewarding around 100 instead of the 140 it's at now would make people more interested in going back to the old heroics while not completely alienating the new ones. (sorry for typos and the like posting from phone)

Deleted
    I agree and I disagree:

Pro:
    -Tons of fun dungeons we never play again
    -I hate having to play 2 dungeons all the time, next to the raids.

Con:
    -Newbs in half 333/half green in RoZ would wipe the group forever
    -Valor? What valor are dungeons going to give
    -Large difference in difficulty

Either add the Cata dungeons to the Zandalari tier with increased numbers (while the normal heroic tier still exists for the old ones) or let the old heroics give 140 valor imo

Regular heroics have proven time and time again to be more valor efficient than zandalari heroics for me as regular heroics such as Throne of tides take little to no time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Don't remove them. Merge them with the other ones. Either lower or raise the Valor to make them all match. Who cares about the gear at this point? In Wotlk, when you queued, you could get something as simple as say UK, or something as pug horrifying as HoR. They had deferate levels of gear, and different levels of challenges, but the end reward was the same. DO this again, please.
    The problem with this is that as soon as a tank or healer would see the loading screen for a dungeon like HoR they would immediately leave because even with the debug it would be faster for then to wait it out, while the dps who just sat in a 45 minute Q are screwed over. I don't think they should be put into the same group yet but in a level more of content or so then I would agree with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post

Con:
    -Newbs in half 333/half green in RoZ would wipe the group forever
    This was addressed in WotLK with the TotC 5 man and the ICC 5 mans. The queue will try and make sure people don't get put in a dungeon beyond their gear level. Personally I'm fine with the Troll heroics giving twice the valour, because they're harder and take almost twice as long. Just make the heroic cap the same so people don't need to grind the Zandalars to get their tier. God I need some variation.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest they should have seen this coming. They basically pidgeon-holed the dungeon community (See: everyone who wants to cap their valor) into two very similar dungeons.
    Leaves me never wanted to see another troll again.

I would have liked a system where, if you want to have "teir two" 5mans, just add another mode to the ones already there. Have easy, regular and herioc. Easy is for people who have not hit level cap yet, regular is for when you're 85 and geared to do heroics as they are now, and heroic mode can be ZA/ZG level.
    Sure, you'd have to do a lot more work buffing all the dungeons (like heroic throne of the tides) to ZA/ZG level and seperating it to a seperate mode, but your player base would be less annoyed.