Deleted

Granting levels help!

Hey, I have recently recruited a friend. And after i had recruited him i had a brilliant idea of granting all the levels on to my 62 warrior, Now that i thought i would be able too with the change. Me and my linked friend are level 14 and i heard the characters start getting levels to grant at level 2. So i relogged my warrior and got to meet with the low level linked friend. When he went to grant me the "Grant a level" selection was grayed out. i tried this with multiple toons. I at first thought it was because of an error of some sort. but i've been told that you cant grant levels to anyone higher level than you. But im almost certain when i started playing (Yes through RaF) I managed to grant a mage from level 15 too around level 50. on a toon that wasnt that high level. I dont know if this was changed or what. but can anyone help me with this.
    Thanks.

The person granting levels has to be a higher level than the person he's granting levels to.

Cant u only grant lvls to lvl 60??

Quote Originally Posted by lilli View Post
    Cant u only grant lvls to lvl 60??
    Didn't they raise the RAF cap to 80?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    Hey, I have recently recruited a friend. And after i had recruited him i had a brilliant idea of granting all the levels on to my 62 warrior, Now that i thought i would be able too with the change. Me and my linked friend are level 14 and i heard the characters start getting levels to grant at level 2. So i relogged my warrior and got to meet with the low level linked friend. When he went to grant me the "Grant a level" selection was grayed out. i tried this with multiple toons. I at first thought it was because of an error of some sort. but i've been told that you cant grant levels to anyone higher level than you. But im almost certain when i started playing (Yes through RaF) I managed to grant a mage from level 15 too around level 50. on a toon that wasnt that high level. I dont know if this was changed or what. but can anyone help me with this.
    Thanks.
    As far as I'm aware RAF has always had the level restriction. IE: If you granted a mage levels 15 to 50, that would have made the granting character at minimum level 70, since you gain 1 grantable level for every 2 levels you earn. Your memory must be off, since until patch 4.2 you could only give a total of 30 levels from any single character.

But to reiterate what others have said:

You can only grant levels up to the level of the granting character. IE: level 14 has earned 7 levels to grant, but can only grant them to a character up to level 14. For your 62 warrior to be granted levels, it would have to be coming from a character level 63 or higher, and can only level it up to their current level. So if you want your 62 warrior bumped up to 80, it would have to come from a level 80 character with at least 18 grantable levels remaining.

Fun fact: you can chain-link RAF accounts. Granted levels count towards grantable ones. I recruited a friend, who then recruited a friend of his. We all leveled to 80 together. At that point his friend granted one of his characters 40 levels, and he used that character to turn around and grant one of mine 20. My friends original 80 still had 40 levels to grant as well.

Sharing is caring!