Thread: Blackfallow ink

Deleted

Blackfallow ink

I have been milling loads of herbs to make blackfalow ink and have a coupel thousand. I have every glyph so posting 3 of eahc profitable glyph.

However i still have loads of inks left is it worth makeing mysterious fortune cards or dust of disappearence?

What does every1 else do with their inks?

I sell between 200 and 300 fortune cards every day. On my server if you consider the cost of milling whiptail they cost about 4g to make and sell for 11-15g. The profit is pretty extreme. I will spend about 500g on herbs and then between cards and inferno ink I bring in close to 3000g. (Although inferno ink seems to be divebombing now that Darkmoon cards arent so amazing)

Deleted
    How do u post them mate? U stick them up as single auctions? or is it better to put them u pin various stack sizes?

Dust of Disappearance is the most profit unless your server's economy is drastically different. Dust costs about 9g-10g on my server, while cards are about 10g-11g. However, cards require a resilient parchment and you only get 1 card per 1 ink, while dust requires nothing else and you get 3 dust per 1 ink.

Make all Glyphs . You will be surprised how many people want to have the full glyph set.

Quote Originally Posted by Roygbiv View Post
    How do u post them mate? U stick them up as single auctions? or is it better to put them u pin various stack sizes?
    stacks of 10

---------- Post added 2011-08-02 at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    Dust of Disappearance is the most profit unless your server's economy is drastically different. Dust costs about 9g-10g on my server, while cards are about 10g-11g. However, cards require a resilient parchment and you only get 1 card per 1 ink, while dust requires nothing else and you get 3 dust per 1 ink.
    On my server you are lucky if dust is over 1g each and sales are abysmally slow. :S Made a bunch one time when i wasn't paying attention, cost me close to 10K gold in losses. Interesting how things change server to server.

I go through around 4k of Blackfallow Inks a week making nothing but glyphs, only making ones that sell for over 30g.

On my server you are lucky if dust is over 1g each and sales are abysmally slow. :S Made a bunch one time when i wasn't paying attention, cost me close to 10K gold in losses. Interesting how things change server to server.
    I've even been able to get up to like 15g for my dust sometimes.

And yeah, it is, because people are recommending glyphs here. Making glyphs would be a huge no-no on my server. It takes me like 2 weeks of constant reposting to sell any glyph, even the popular ones that are mainstays of a spec.

Deleted
    Dust of Disappearence can be bought from a vendor so not a lot of people bother checking the AH for it. In my opinion, make mysterious fortune cards and advertise them being in the AH by linking the 5000g card in the trade chat. You could store more glyphs, too.

i actually use my blackfallow to get all the other inks that make glyphs and spruke trade that your selling all glyphs with your mats at 40 gold per glyph. now if your milling cinderbloom and buying it round 15 gold a stack thats a 30 gold profit per glyph. easy money! not to mention the inferno's your left with sell well on ah! i've been doing this for around a month now and have made 70k plus, i'm also finding in game mail requests as soon as i log in now and a lot of class set requests. for class sets i charge 1k and make a good profit from that!

I don't know how anyone sells dusts of disappearance on the AH since you can buy them from vendors.

Sell the herbs so you dont keep stockpileing the ink???

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    I don't know how anyone sells dusts of disappearance on the AH since you can buy them from vendors.
    By selling them AH for much less than the vendor. (Say 3-4g each vs almost 10g from the vendor)

Do you have a cook ? If you do, i'd get a try about the fortune cookies. On my servers, (high population) the mysterious fortune card sells for around 6g, while the fortune cookie go for 7.5g. I sell about 200 fortune cookies every days. (always in stack of 20).

The dust of disapereance can be a good profit maker, but it doesn't sell well.. peoples often buy them from the vendor before realising they could have looked on the AH. Stacks of 1 and 3 are nice. At 3.33g a dust, i'm barely able to sell more than 50 a day though.

But anyway.. generaly, the mysterious fortune card are the things that will sell better. Putting them on AH, in various stack would be wise, since you have a large amount of them. (10-50-100-200). Put your stack of 200 at a 5% discount if you want to sell faster.