Having troubles with Ragnaros Sons of Flame, phase 2.5

Howdy all, we are still working on Normal Rag ... Phase 1.5 is cake for us, but we are wiping a lot on 2.5

Raid Comp:
    Tanks: Pally - Warr
    Healers: Druid, Sham, Disc Priest

Ranged DPS: MM Hunter, Demo Lock, Arcane Mage
    Melee: Frost DK, Assassination Rogue

Our current position for each pattern:

L4 L3 L2 L1 (hammer) R1 R2 R3 R4

L1: Rogue
    L2: Hunter
    R1: DK
    R2: Lock
    R3: Mage
    R4: Mage

what should we do with L3 and L4?

L6 L5 L4 L3 L2 L1 (hammer) R1 R2

L3: Mage
    L4: Mage

L2 L1 (hammer) R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6

R3: Mage

Having said that, I'm trying to make a better strategy, like:

for: L2 L1 (hammer) R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6

L2: Mage
    R1: Hunter
    R3: DK

After killing L2, Mage use Blink and burn R4
    After Killing R1 and R2,Hunter and Lock take down R5 to 50%, then Rogue should be ready to kill it after killing L1.
    After killing R3, DK marks R6 and grip it back before that son of flame hit the hammer, after that, Lock, hunter mage? slowing it? Or maybe our healer priest can be assigned to only slow down R6, what do you think?

Same for: L6 L5 L4 L3 L2 L1 (hammer) R1 R2, but only flpped.

For L4 L3 L2 L1 (hammer) R1 R2 R3 R4, I have no idea.

Thx in advance!

Your tanks should get involved. Put them on L2 and R2. They have plenty of time to Taunt the Scion and generate enough aggro (1-3 abilities) so healers don't pull off them, and then get to their Assignment before the L2 and R2 Sons are even targetable. Just shift everyone down one.

This is normal right? Sounds like you're way overthinking the transitions. People just need to learn to use common sense and make good on-the-fly judgement calls. If you attempt to plan everything down to the last detail, they might stop doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    This is normal right? Sounds like you're way overthinking the transitions. People just need to learn to use common sense and make good on-the-fly judgement calls. If you attempt to plan everything down to the last detail, they might stop doing this.
    yes, normal. Sadly :P

By the way, yesterday our DK was saying (2 or 3 times) that one of the Sons was buged because it was below 15% and it never slowed it speed. Have you ever seen that?. I don't know if that is true or is just a lack of skill matter.

DK can slow more than one of them; Hunter can slow one and dps down another to 50% then back to the other.
    Your first priority should be to get them all to 50% health asap before bothering to kill them.
    Also they spawn about 1.5 seconds apart from each other, so for classes with multiple slows or large nukes they can handle more than one.
    Tanks should help on furthest adds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromos View Post
    yes, normal. Sadly :P

By the way, yesterday our DK was saying (2 or 3 times) that one of the Sons was buged because it was below 15% and it never slowed it speed. Have you ever seen that?. I don't know if that is true or is just a lack of skill matter.
    It would'a run through the fire. That increases their speed, make sure whoever has the debuff gets outt'a the raid

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't already, get your pally tank to glyph Holy Wrath (the AoE undead damage + stun) so that it also works on elementals. This stun will work on the sons of flame.
    I am a rogue so I am chosen to attack and stun the closest one to the hammer (left or right, depends on which spawn point I choose, I usually choose the short side because I can quickly solo kill the other one there as well - if its even I just go to my assigned side). When the hammer is offset and does not equally split the room, put 1 tank + 1 DPS on that small side. The tank can stun the far one, the dps can stun/dps/kill the close one, finish the other one. The rest of the raid (including our DK) slows/kills/DPS's the other side.

Remember as others have said if you are having trouble keeping up, just get any add that isn't within 5-10 feet of the hammer under 50% and they move really slow (and yes, those fires on the ground are put there by people who get a debuff, so it can be put away from the sons to avoid that). Stun+kill the ones dangerously close to the hammer, then go ahead and clean up the rest. Remember your DK can also deathgrip one away, and slow others.

Deleted
    How do you use the dk's death grip in this transition ?

Also druid --> bearform --> bash, could be the difference between succes and failure. Also the resto shaman could put earthbind totem close to some of them.
    I've tried Ragnaros on 10 man a few times as Blood DK or Prot Warrior and I must say that you really can make a difference as Prot. Are your prot war using Charge, Concussion Blow, Intercept, Shockwave, (War stomp if tauren as well)?

GL =)