Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ideas for Guild Fun Night, please help

Hello fellow MMO posters, I need your help here. I want to have a Guild Fun Night this Sunday and would greatly appreciate some 'helpful' and constructive suggestions for activities and prizes.
    Our guild went through a tough time 2 months ago and I want to reward the guildees that hung in there to see us to where we now are.
    What have you done for Guild Fun Nights ? thank you in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    I take my lot back to ICC/Ulduar and 10man the 25man versions of the instance best we can, because I want my Shadowmourne and my holy paladin wants her valanyr.

It gives people a chance to get drunk, piss about, reminisce bout when we raiding this stuff "All them there years ago" and by being a crafty sod I get a tiny blue axe as a reward. Paha. Hahaha. Pahahahahaha.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid SW/Org depending on what faction you are :P

Meet up, get drunk and have a barbeque =) best bonding session ever

P.S Everyone will wake up with marker penises on their faces lololol
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

10+ Year Old Account
    We did a hide and seek event once.

Officers would hide somewhere in the world, somewhere impossible (if you log out in the Great Sea your zone will show as " ") and the first person to open trade would win something, like a motorbike, or the alchemy mount, or a special guild rank which allowed free repairs or just plain old cash. We would all be on Mumble ofc. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find people!

It was a lot of fun.
    Warlock (SL main)

Get hammered and have a karaoke contest in vent. Winner gets edited out of the youtube video.

I've never heard of a guild fun night. There is no fun night in a hardcore raiding guild where everyone is vile and you are just in it for the loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jousting Tournament in Icecrown!
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razdornwaz View Post
    I've never heard of a guild fun night. There is no fun night in a hardcore raiding guild where everyone is vile and you are just in it for the loot.
    Then you have no idea what a real MMO is, and I feel real sorry for what you are missing.

OT: Alt runs / pvp / random crap. All fun.

One night that was very fun was what I dubbed the BYOBDKP night where we hit up old instances and took a shot per boss downed. At one point we had a boomkin kill himself just trying to drive up the spirals in AQ40, epic night.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did a OS3D, Malygose (for possible mounts), followed by a Kara run the other night. It was fun, and it helped relieve the stress of failed raids. We were talking about doing an Ulduar run next time. Really anything old is an easy run, and if a mount drops, then there's still somethign to hope for.

Looking around Kara, if you wanted a nice setting to have a party in, there's the whole ballroom/banquet hall, before the opera event. And a stage, that people could get up on and do stuff. A lot of fun for a big party there, for those 70+.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Have everyone roll a lvl 1 toon on a faction and pick a enemy city. FIRST PERSON TO TOUCH THE LEADER IN THAT CITY GETS STUFFZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when the Fish Feast Guild Achiev was obscenely high (5,000) I planned out a massive Guild Event complete with RP aimed at Reclaiming Ogrimmar for the people and banishing leaders that demand we waste our resources to fulfill their whims. Then had a 40 person raid plant Fish Feasts all over Ogrimmar. We covered all of Garrosh' Stronghold, The entire Auction House and the Bank. Stacked the fish feasts up along the sides of walls so it just looked like tons of plates of fish. Covered Mailboxes. Spelled Guild name out in the middle of town.

Good Times. Got the Feast Achieve that night too.

Have done other events, but they are few and far between. The best Guild Event is one that doesn't happen often but is *spectacular* when you do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    Have everyone roll a lvl 1 toon on a faction and pick a enemy city. FIRST PERSON TO TOUCH THE LEADER IN THAT CITY GETS STUFFZ.
    lol this is a fun idea. you can make it a leader of a major city, or just like ANY specific npc in the world. they can try to do it by any means: summon, mage portals, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    One time we had a race through an instance/raid in groups of 5 or like 10. Winner had to link the item dropped from last boss and won something.

Deleted
    Drunk Raid. If you die personally, have a shot. If you wipe, have a shot. If you get ressurected, have a shot. Kill a boss, have a shot.... you get the idea

There are a bunch of games you could play. One of our guild nights was that we had like 20 heavy leather balls. We split up into two teams (red and blue shirts were made by our guild tailor), then we went to a designated location (like Lower city Shattrath), and had a dodgeball tourney!

No mounts, and the way you play this type of dodgeball is that the team with the most dodgeballs at the end of the time would lose. So the object is to get rid of all the balls you can and not get any from the other team. It's pretty tough, but really fun!

We also did a great race across Kalimdor with lvl ones. Started in some starting area like Durotar or w/e and raced to Gadgetzan (might be tough now with Thousand Needles under water but maybe possible with another alternative route. Maybe a race to Stormwind or Darkshore.

You can have like prizes and stuff for the winners and there are a lot other games that you can probably google or find.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    Get hammered and have a karaoke contest in vent. Winner gets edited out of the youtube video.
    GREATEST.

PLAN.

EVER.

OT: if you can get enough people on, get to Stormwind all naked or with fun gear on and just make a giant train. make everyone walk and follow the person in front of them with the GM on a mount in the front. Walk around SW and then to Goldshire. Macro ALL HAIL (GM NAME) and make everyone yell it but not spam it as they walk. Proceed to have naked duels in Goldshire.

Some guild did this on my server, and what started with like 20 guildies became like 60 people from the server naked in Goldshire dancing and dueling....
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Geeks are awesome because they have sex with your wife while you are cleaning McDonalds bathrooms.
    "PROUD POSTER IN THE LEGENDARY If u are horde 2011 THREAD!!"

We don't normally do events, but every now and then a few of us get together for some fun.

We've done hide-and-seek in Stormwind (guildies get one hint), some raffles, scavenger hunts (find me an [Unlucky Rock] and two [Greasy Whale Milk]!). /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    lol this is a fun idea. you can make it a leader of a major city, or just like ANY specific npc in the world. they can try to do it by any means: summon, mage portals, etc.
    One night we all rolled NEs and had to get to the org and get to thrall on a pvp server. Pot was 100k gold tho so it was well worth it.