10+ Year Old Account
    And the first guilds pop up with names like "Legends of Pandaria" ...

Hope that another theme comes up with the next expansion like the emerald dream or something else.

the new heroclass "Kung Fu Panda"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Boub was right even in his joke!

BOW BEFORE THE PROPHET!
    Don't start religious flame wars, respect each other. I'm religious, I respect your beliefs, so respect mine.

Quote Originally Posted by neyroth View Post
    Don't start religious flame wars, respect each other. I'm religious, I respect your beliefs, so respect mine.
    notsureifserious.jpg

Anyway, The logic that adding a new mail wearing class is sound. I don't know that it would be called brewmaster. Maybe Wardancer?

I'm not saying break up existing factions, just find six npc races that could form together for some reason. If the Alliance and Horde could manage to form themselves, why not a third? It's not like there are just two small groups of countries that rule everything. And as for Cata, I don't hate it myself, but it just hasn't offered as much as the other two have. And as for BG's and PvP, it could just be a rotation of which factions face off against each other. One game of Warsong it's Horde vs. New Faction. Next game it's Horde Vs. Alliance. Last rotation is Alliance vs. New Faction. And they have models of loads of races that could potentially become playable, so all it would take is a few tweaks. And they could figure out a way to tie in a Burning Legion faction pretty easily to the storyline that they're probably trying to repair.
    Last edited by Fenriak; 2011-08-30 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenriak View Post
    I'm not saying break up existing factions, just find six npc races that could form together for some reason. If the Alliance and Horde could manage to form themselves, why not a third? It's not like there are just two small groups of countries that rule everything. And as for Cata, I don't hate it myself, but it just hasn't offered as much as the other two have. And as for BG's and PvP, it could just be a rotation of which factions face off against each other. One game of Warsong it's Horde vs. New Faction. Next game it's Horde Vs. Alliance. Last rotation is Alliance vs. New Faction. And they have models of loads of races that could potentially become playable, so all it would take is a few tweaks. And they could figure out a way to tie in a Burning Legion faction pretty easily to the storyline that they're probably trying to repair.
    Then name 6 races that would make a third, NEUTRAL faction (in the sense of good-evil).
    Ethereals ? Neutral merchants, they won't team up with anyone else. Making them playable would require complete overhaul of their appearence to allow customization and alot of retconning. Lack of female NPCs so far.
    Furbolgs ? Same as ethereals in the ammount of overhauls and retconning needed to make them playable. Also they would have to make a female version which would look ridiculous.
    Naga ? Former night elves corrupted by old god during explosion of well of eternity, evil. There are maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, but every other naga is evil. Would require tons of retconning, and model changes - leg armor, mounts, etc.
    Murlocs ? Never. Female murlocs ? Don't want to see that.
    Gorlocs? Same as Murlocs.
    Vrykul, Taunka ? Maybe, but female taunka look too much like a tauren at the moment.
    Pandarens ? Possible. Have anyone seen female pandaren on artworks ?

Also, it wouldn't be so easy as to make rotations for pvp. They would have to rewrite most of the code and add massive ammounts of low level content for the third faction to work. Cataclysm would look like a hotfix compared to that.
    Last edited by rad586; 2011-08-30 at 11:28 AM.

lvl 100 expansion,sick

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    notsureifserious.jpg

Anyway, The logic that adding a new mail wearing class is sound. I don't know that it would be called brewmaster. Maybe Wardancer?
    Yes, I'm serious, It's so immature to joke about religions like that, and ofcourse, It's respectless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digme View Post
    the new heroclass "Kung Fu Panda"
    So funny, if only we didn't see this "joke" 100 times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post

I generally dislike the idea of a Brewmaster because it doesn't feel like something that can be taken seriously as a playable class in what's supposed to be a semi-serious game. Plus it would make it extremely difficult to take the Pandaren seriously, since it would imply they have an alcohol-focused civilization, more so then even the Dwarves.

I personally favor a Runemaster and/or Monk class. It might be called something different, it would still follow the basic concept of a class that uses a combination of martial arts and mystical symbols in combat. I suppose it could use Mail, but I'm more partial to Leather in this case.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Hey guys, my game collection makes me right about things.

You should listen to me more.

(This is what you're doing in this thread, Rayken.)

Only a gaming God would have so many.....I will now listen to all you have to say. Also, in reply to the way you store your games and having a hard time getting to certain titles....I understand.....you're a God amongst games and can float across them at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Orcs for example don't have a monastic tradition
    They do. They are called Blademasters.

Still want this for the three Monk trees:

EARTH: Brewmaster Polearm Agility Tank
    STORM: Melee/aura/mark-based Healing
    FIRE: Melee Fist DPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    They do. They are called Blademasters.
    Only sort of. The original blademasters were powerful warriors who had lost almost everything to the bloodlust and were blessed by the spirits when Thrall liberated them. There is an element of worship in the tradition, but the newer generation seems to simply be warriors who favour speed and mobility over power (see Mankrik).

You know... I'm really tired of seeing "Brewmaster" being suggested as a class.

This reminds me of when I was working at a Video Game Magazine... and LucasArts unveiled the Star Wars fighting game for PS1. We saw a Gamorean in there and we all said "Cool... you can play as a Gamorean Guard!"

The reps at Lucas sighed, and then said "Why do people keep saying that! They're just Gamoreans... they are NOT a race of guards!"

The Pandaren have this problem right now as the only "brewmaster" we've seen is Chen and it's apparently the only thing people remember. This is even though the Pandaren Monk pet has NO relation to alcohol whatsoever...

Seriously, it's like expecting a Dwarf class to have a "brewmaster" just because the first time you saw them, they drank a lot and hit somebody over the head with a mug at a bar.

There's going to be a LOT more to the Pandaren than just drinking... trust me! :P

I'm still expecting demon hunters to be the new class of MoP Or one of new classes if Blizzard decides do mess with us

Hello everyone! This is my first post, but i've been reading this forum for a couple weeks and i think i can help the discussion placing some of my ideas here.

I thought a new good hero class would be the Geomancer, but that would look a lot like Shamans. And i saw a lot of people talking about Hero Race and if thats true, one idea would be merging Brewmasters/Geomancers/Monks on the same class. However to keep the eastern flavor (not really set in stone right now) blizz should take in account some aspects like the honor and chaos, letting the good/evil aspect aside.

My idea of Hero Race: Pandaren

Specs:
    Monk: Healer / DPS - leather user, with role defining talents, akin to the Feral Druids - this would cover 2 types of gear. Their spells would change after the talents a pandaren take, making it damage dealing or healing spells.

Honorbound: Tank - mail wearer (with a talent like thoughness), parry based - similar to bears, but with parry instead. Their mastery would improve their parries. This would be more like real life samurais and chinese generals.

Brewmaster: DPS - leather user. Again Spirit or Agi gear would be choosen to define a supernatural or more natural powers.

Resources: Drink bar (think rage, all ability generated) and a 3 (storm earth and fire) Glyph bar (name could change to not confuse players with the Glyphs feature)

Remarkable Spells

Monk: Healing Vials - the Pandaren throws small vials of healing tea, increasing the healing received from all incoming heals and making pandaren heals X times more effective. Stackable

Brewmaster: Primal Might - splits into 3 elemental pandarens, like the WC3 ultimate

Honorbound: Live by the Sword - Each consecutive parry restores the previous Diminishing returns, allowing you to parry more than other tanks. Stackable and used on parry. This allows the pandaren to parry attacks from behind, if X stacks are avaiable.

Thanks for reading

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is (this applies to the TotalBiscuit thing, you can ignore the rest as it's already been stated most likely):

After watching TotalBiscuit's GamesCon coverage video for TERA or whatever it's called, I desperately want a pudgey adorable race to call Beaver. I appreciate Blizz for giving us Worgen, but I don't exactly classify them as Alliance material, even given that they're humans.

I like the idea that Jesse Cox and Pride came up with (probably one that hundreds of people came up with before them, so kudos to anyone who thought of this) of having the Brewmaster being a Pandaren only, wherein you play as a Pandaren, male or female, but it's a brewmaster. You can't have the Brewmaster as any other race, you can't have the Pandaren as any other class. Sort of a Mercenary Race, where you choose which faction you go to (This is in the Video in the First post of this thread, but have fun finding it in the 2 hours worth of vid, I can't remember where it is in there :\).

Unfortunately, the main problem pointed out by many about this is Pandaren in BG's, for obvious reasons. But if Blizz can make AoE spells have different coloured tinges depending on Faction using it, then why can't they make the players of the opposing faction have default red/blue glows when their PvPd for Horde/Alliance respectively?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    if pandas become a playable race I'll threaten to quit

Quote Originally Posted by Hey View Post
    omg don't do it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey View Post
    One less Buzz Kill

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    I'm still expecting demon hunters to be the new class of MoP Or one of new classes if Blizzard decides do mess with us
    *Meanwhile, explosions of unbalance and QQing is occuring in spontaneous explosions throughout the world*
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.