10+ Year Old Account
    why not just combine the class/race option and horde and allaince can be a pandaren brew master to save on QQ

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You should have used liberal amounts of < SNIP > saves us skipping over the whole post

And I agree somewhat, even for complete bullcrap this is a bit over the top. I would have loved to have been there on /v/ to see the reactions to this troll
    again, it was fake, i posted it on /v/ 2 or 3 days ago to annoy a friend who hates the idea of pandas. its not a leak, its me wasting some time giving a good natured trolling a friend who always has a /v/ tab open waiting for a expansion 4 leak.

and yes, it got people mad. then just descended into doubles nonsense. but it was all really nonsense to begin with.

Thing is i intentionally wrote it as the worst fanservice i could imagine taken from all the wish lists on sites like mmo champion, wow insider and scrolls of lore, yet people seem so eager for a divergence from cata style content people seemed to like it.

Not calling people dumb for liking intentionally bad fan fic made to annoy- dont mistake me for saying that, but you gotta admit, that kind of says something about cataclysm doesnt it?

I would say it just shows how 'done' people are with this expansion and ready to move on.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2011-10-11 at 08:29 AM. Reason: jgkg

Ever since Mists of Pandaria got trademarked I noticed something weird about it and still is bothering me up until now.
    WotLK's trademark got filled a week before Blizzcon, so I went on the USGOV's trademarks website and tried to see if I can list all of Blizzard's games/products.
    Back when WotLK got on there it had 3 different trademarks for all the 3 classes (I'll provide links below)
    the same was with Cataclysm, even doh it got filled a month before Blizzcon it still had 3 different trademarks for all the 3 classes on the website, so I figured out that would be a pattern, but everything something was wrong with MoP
    It only has 1 filled pattern, with 2 classes under goods/services
    I went and checked The Burning Crusade trademark, and it only had 1 so that was a bit unexplainable to me
    While WoW has 3 trademarks for WoW/World of Warcraft, in which they use the following ID's for classes (Goods/Services) listed below

International Class: 041
    Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; and providing on-line information in the field of computer gaming entertainment

International Class: 009
    Computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads

International Class: 016
    Computer game strategy guides, trading cards, posters, computer game instruction manuals, advertisement boards of paper or cardboard, art prints

Here's links to all the expansions trademarks

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=78621921 009 - The Burning Crusade
    1 Trademark - 1 Class Filled

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77241365 041 - Wrath of the Lich King
    http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77241363 016 - Wrath of the Lich King
    http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77241361 009 - Wrath of the Lich King
    3 Trademarks - 1 Class For Each Filled

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77769023 041 - Cataclysm
    http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77769019 016 - Cataclysm
    http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77769006 009 - Cataclysm
    3 Trademarks - 1 Class For Each Filled

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=85384110 009 + 041 - Mists of Pandaria
    1 Trademark - 2 Classes in it

So whats bothering me is, its either Blizzard after all these years and trademarks, just now noticed they can fill 2 Classes under 1 trademark, or something about Mists of Pandaria is different, even with those 2 trademarks filled, theres a 016 missing.

I'm not saying Mists of Pandaria wont be the next expansion, I'm just really bothered by these trademarks >.< and was wondering whats the opinion of the forum on this

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like evidence of MoP being an iPad minigame or something to me, then. No expansion details at Blizzcon, 4.3 won't be released until December.

Something inside says MoP will not be the next expansion. It's just a wild guess or a feeling though

Whatever comes out, I hope it will be fun and interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    I find the people who fight against Mists of Pandaria being "rumors" have absolutely no facts or data of their own and are biased and make up more things than anyone who talks about Mists of Pandaria does.
    With less then 2 weeks untill blizzcon, i don't really care anymore.
    Ofcourse they are going to add a new zone, they HAVE to since all they did this xpac was rehash (and 2 new races and like 5 zones, but meh.)
    I really hope we get a new race to play, or at least a new class OR: Acension.
    Like you can do an AWESOME questline or whatever to turn your mage into an Archmage, warrior into a Battlemaster, rogue into master-assassin (or ninja >:I) ETC.
    That would be kinda cool, ofcourse i have no idea how much this would break the pvp or whatever.
    don't really care, ill just roll an OP class and faceroll.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shandalay View Post
    *wall of text*
    this.
    Breaks.
    Everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaNNis View Post

While WoW has 3 trademarks for WoW/World of Warcraft, in which they use the following ID's for classes (Goods/Services) listed below

International Class: 041
    Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; and providing on-line information in the field of computer gaming entertainment

International Class: 009
    Computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads

International Class: 016
    Computer game strategy guides, trading cards, posters, computer game instruction manuals, advertisement boards of paper or cardboard, art prints

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=85384110 009 + 041 - Mists of Pandaria
    1 Trademark - 2 Classes in it

So whats bothering me is, its either Blizzard after all these years and trademarks, just now noticed they can fill 2 Classes under 1 trademark, or something about Mists of Pandaria is different, even with those 2 trademarks filled, theres a 016 missing.

I'm not saying Mists of Pandaria wont be the next expansion, I'm just really bothered by these trademarks >.< and was wondering whats the opinion of the forum on this
    My opinion? Maybe manuals didn't sell this good or it's just to minimize costs, since 016 isn't that important to trademark. Why should they pay several hundreds of dollars more to trademark the label for three categories? And don't tell me because they have it, I learned it the hard way how they turn every cent twice -_-
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodactyl View Post
    No expansion details at Blizzcon, 4.3 won't be released until December.
    Not really, I mean, 3.3 wasn't even on the PTR's when Cataclysm got announced

A question: If mist of Pandaria is NOT an expansion of any kind, what will happen to all the ppl who've wished this would happen apon seeing threads like this who get soo drawn into something that may maynot happen? Its a trademark name, thats it. There has been nothing else, no leaks found, just a trademarked name. Pandaria have little known history and to shove it into ppl in 1 expansion will be the death of wow. It took Dreanai 1 expansion bc, they were already known in Vanilla wow and even warcraft 3, stable history. Blood elves, once again warcraft 3 to bc they had history. Even Worgen were in Vanilla wow, there story was progressed through all expansions along with the goblins, yet NOTHING on pandarians other then a brief cameo in 1 campaign map, and an optional campaign. They have very little history that has had nothing added to it in all wows years its been running. Just saying lore is against them in terms of the game. Not saying its not going to happen but to me its very unlikely considdering there are soo many links in cata towards a south seas expansion ie. Zalandir trolls, Naga, neptulon, maelstrom, pirates, list goes on. Pandaria isnt mentioned within the south seas. We may see appearances by them as blizz builds up a story for them, but i cant see an expansion being based around them.

they should totally add the panda race in wow

A question: If mist of Pandaria is NOT an expansion of any kind, what will happen to all the ppl who've wished this would happen apon seeing threads like this who get soo drawn into something that may maynot happen? Its a trademark name, thats it. There has been nothing else, no leaks found, just a trademarked name. Pandaria have little known history and to shove it into ppl in 1 expansion will be the death of wow. It took Dreanai 1 expansion bc, they were already known in Vanilla wow and even warcraft 3, stable history. Blood elves, once again warcraft 3 to bc they had history. Even Worgen were in Vanilla wow, there story was progressed through all expansions along with the goblins, yet NOTHING on pandarians other then a brief cameo in 1 campaign map, and an optional campaign. They have very little history that has had nothing added to it in all wows years its been running. Just saying lore is against them in terms of the game. Not saying its not going to happen but to me its very unlikely considdering there are soo many links in cata towards a south seas expansion ie. Zalandir trolls, Naga, neptulon, maelstrom, pirates, list goes on. Pandaria isnt mentioned within the south seas. We may see appearances by them as blizz builds up a story for them, but i cant see an expansion being based around them.

I MoP and pandas are what wow need a new fresh start not something we see daily. South sea may happen but not likly to soon due not many islands left to see and not enough for one whole exsp. but idk i thinks panda wold save wow due the very staory not a story be reused

Deleted
    If i were in charge i would introduce a neutral Pandaren only hero class and no other classes avaible to Pandas. To make it some more epic and more like the panda in wc3. Than you would have an epic quest line and at the end you choose for which side u wanna fight alliance or horde.
    Last edited by mmoce99df1914a; 2011-10-11 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakanub View Post
    Hello I am new. This was posted at a portuguese forum:

=WORLD OF WARCRAFT: THE HOUR OF TWILIGHT=

==INTRODUCTION==

They are breaking through. Long have they slept. Their hour is nigh, and they come for us.

Millennia ago, Azeroth was the battlefield of a war between the Titans and the Old Gods, monstrosities of unfathomable evil. The titans won, and they sealed the Old Gods away, in the darkest depths of the world. The world was remade, new mortal races populated it, and the dragons were charged with the task of watching over the land, replacing the Old Gods, now forgotten at their prisons.

There, they plotted their escape, and their revenge on those who stole their world, and dare to rule from their thrones.

Now, the twilight is coming, and with it, their plan to break free is on its final stages. All the terrible events of history point to this final hour. The Shattering of Deathwing was the last key for destruction. The days come to an end, and only the Hour of Twilight will be left.

With the dragonflights mortally wounded, only the mortal races can thwart their plans. Heroes will need to put their differences aside and descend into the abyss of the world together, to see the day once again.

==GAME FEATURES==

===Reemerge as a Timeless Watcher===
    Blessed by the Lord of Time, the dragon Nozdormu, this ancient order of Bronze Dragonsworn heroes was lost centuries ago. With the Hour of Twilight nearing its culminating point, the order must be restored. Start this new hero class at level 55 and master the powers of Alchemy, Tinkering and Time itself to restore the balance and see a new dawn.

===Reach Level 90===
    Battle to new levels of power as you fight for survival. Bring light to the darkest depths of the world, sew the fabric of time in dimensions outside time and space, battle your worse nightmares and much more across the realms of the Old Gods.

===Descend into Darkness===
    Explore the ancient prisons of the Old Gods and behold the testimony to their terrible existence. From the icy caves of Azjol-Nerub to the underground empire of the dark trolls, their shadow advances, yearning for freedom. Stand against the armies of darkness, while time itself tears apart and the seas roar, and don't let them break free.

===Paths of the Titans===
    Wield the might of the titans against the minions of the abyss and emerge victorious. Unlocked when you reach level 90, Paths of the Titans will improve your class in new unique ways, linked with the professions your character has, and further enhance your leveling experience for another 10 path levels.

===New Mechanics===
    Wield lights and torches against the unfathomable darkness of Azeroth's depths, design your own dances with the Dance Studio, climb and crawl across vertical terrains with the new mounts, craft new pets with all of the different professions and much, much more.

==QUESTIONS & ANSWERS==

===Why did you choose the Timeless Watcher for the new hero class?===

The Bronze Dragonflight plays an important role in this expansion. The Old Gods are focusing all their efforts on destroying the balance and altering the timelines to remake the world at their image. Unfortunately, they aren't the only enemy of the Bronze dragons. The Infinite Dragonflight, created by a Nozdormu from another dimension, seeks to control time, too. However, their role is unclear. What's their relationship with the Old Gods? Are they their servants, or do they have their own agenda?

All the other four dragonflights have their own representative classes and a single enemy force to deal with, but the bronzes don't. For this reason, Soridormi decided to start training mortals in the ways of time, and revive the old order. The arts of time are different from any other existing ones, and only time will tell if Soridormi's decision was the right one... after all, there must be a reason for the order's original demise.

===How does the Timeless Watcher class fit with the existing roles?===

The Timeless Watcher is a dynamic class, and will be able to fit any of the roles in the group. the Tinkering tree focuses on gizmos and technology, and will let the players build their own mechanical suits and armors, letting them play as the group's tank. The Alchemy tree focuses on potions and buffs, and opens the healing role. Finally, a combination of the three trees results on a damage dealing role.

We feel that adding a new healing class will improve the experience of every group, giving new gameplay options and ways to deal with the enemy. Being a hero class, trying new roles is more accessible, something that was only possible so far with the Death Knight's damage dealing and tanking roles.

===What do I need to play as a Timeless Watcher?===

Only players with "World of Warcraft: The Hour of Twilight" will be able to create a Timeless Watcher. The rest of the process will be identical to the Death Knight's: reach level 55 with a normal class. Once you achieve that, you'll be able to create a single Timeless Watcher per realm. Any race can become a Timeless Watcher. After completing a phased starting zone, Timeless Watchers will join the rest of the classes in Azeroth.

More information about the new hero class and its starting zone will be revealed as development goes on.

===How many new zones and raids will we be able to explore?===

We are aiming at "World of Warcraft: Cataclysm" numbers regarding new high-level zones. Raid and dungeon numbers will follow the same model as previous expansions. We'll reveal more information, screenshots and video footage about them as we near a release date announcement.

===Could you give us some sneak peak on the new zones and transportation?===

We want to keep a feeling of mystery through the expansion, so we won't reveal most of the content and themes until release. The open beta test and the official site will reveal a lot of information, but you'll need to explore the new zones by yourself to discover the secrets inside.

Each of the zones will focus on each of the Old Gods, and their relationship with the correspondent antagonistic dragonflight. Most of them will be underground, and they won't form a continent; they will be scattered across the surface of Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and Northrend.

You'll visit some lore locations, like the Lost City of I'lalai and The Inner Kingdom of Azjol-Nerub, and new ones like the Temporal Rift beyond the Caverns of Time and the nightmarish Ruins of Ny'alotha.

Since we don't have a continent, a neutral capital city won't be needed. Both the Alliance and the Horde will use one of their faction cities, which will be revamped accordingly. These cities will be Ironforge and Thunder Bluff.

===Will flying mounts work on the underground zones?===

Yes, all types of mounts will work in the new zones, and you won't need any special training to transit with them. However, conventional mounts may prove inconvenient, and you'll need to use the new mounts to travel properly across the new zones.

===How will new mounts work?===

New mounts will be able to crawl and climb cliffs easily. The new zones will have a lot of underground settings, and unlike Deepholm, our first underground zone, they'll have different floors and sections. The new mounts will let you travel easily without needing to dismount to overcome terrain obstacles.

Some of these mounts may be introduced in the game before the expansion is released.

===What's Paths of the Titans?===

Paths of the Titans is a secondary leveling branch, where different classes will be able to progress into a series of paths with 10 levels each. These paths will unlock different abilities that will affect each class in an unique way. Each path will be themed around a different high titan from the Pantheon.

Professions will play an important role on leveling each path. For example, Herbalism could be required to level parts of the path of Eonar the Lifebinder, while Golganneth's path could benefit from high Fishing skills and Khaz'goroth's from Mining.

Path experience will be rewarded by doing path quests across the entire world.

===Will I lose my path level if I change my professions?===

Professions will help, and be required in certain situations, where achieving the path levels could become very difficult, but they won't be the core of the system, and you will always be able to team with other players and combine your profession levels to help each other. If you can't skin animals, a friend could follow you and skin the animals you kill to help you fulfill the requirements for a concrete path branch.

===Is there any new profession coming with this expansion?===

It's still a work in process, but we want to introduce Mounted Combat as a secondary profession. This won't invalidate unmounted combat, since mounted warriors will get penalizations for fighting with their mounts in exchange for the bonus mounted combat will give.

The new profession will come with new combat-specific mounts, that will give a series of stats to their riders, as well as items that will be attachable to the mounts saddles, be them normal mounts or combat mounts.

Eventually, we'll upgrade the mount models to show the different equipped saddles.

===Are there any plans to update class pets and mounts?===

Yes, we're looking at letting classes like the Hunter and the Warlock have small slots for their pets, as well as giving those pets some armor designs dependent on what the owner is wearing. That way, players will be able to slightly customize their pets' appearance, as well as see them wearing pieces of armor in the similar fashion as their characters.

However, only slot equipment will change pets' stats. Armor designs will be merely visual, and won't change stats if the original armor worn by the owner doesn't have a specific bonus for the particular pet.
    ===Since you decided to bring back Dance Studio, are there any plans for Player Housing?===

It's not our current top priority, but we would love to eventually implement Guild Houses. The game has advanced a lot, and the current instancing and phasing technologies could allow this option without too many problems. The same house could have many different guilds, each phased inside their own version.

Depending on the development process, Guild Housing could be implemented in a late patch or a future expansion. Player Housing, in the other way, isn't being worked on. We think the purpose of housing aims toward groups of people, and not individuals. By doing this for guilds only, we promote teamplay, and are able to show raid progress visually by giving trophies for the guild to show around their house.

We must make sure implementing this is worth the amount of resources and time, and then do it correctly, keeping the balance between city-life and guild-life, so it won't be ready for some time.

===Will character models be updated, to match with the races from the latest expansions?===

Indeed, our artist team has worked hard improving the character models. We know you love how your characters look, so we have paid special attention on adding more polygons and better resolutions without drastically changing the models. Some animations have been polished, too.

===Is darkness featuring a mechanic role?===

Yes, there's a new mechanic called darkness, that affects the gameplay visually. To fight it, you'll need to carry special items that illuminate your path. You'll find some of this darkness once you start descending into the depths of the world, the domain of the Old Gods, but you won't face entire zones covered on it, just parts of them.

===Will World of Warcraft be supported after Blizzard releases new MMO videogames?===

World of Warcraft will be supported with patch content and expansions while it has players. Blizzard Entertainment has different teams for each game franchise, and we pay attention to all of them. World of Warcraft has a lot of life ahead, and we'll make sure you keep having fun in Azeroth. We support all of our games, and as proof of it, we still maintain the original Battle.net, with games as old as Warcraft II.

The real adventure has just begun, and we'll keep improving World of Wacraft as long as you want us to.
    The forum itself is locked (it is here lusitanoswow.com if you want to register and check). But the original source is this pastebin.com/UV2TG25J Could someone tell me if is true? Thanks.
    So it is not true? I am sad .

That monk class thing is much more worser than the fake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaNNis View Post

What is the 016 then?
    For BC they didn't need 016 and 041 it seems, so I wouldn't bother, but I'd like to know what the 016 trademarks that 009 and 041 don't?

I swear, if Ogres make it as a Horde race, I'm going to throw in the towel.

Everything to this point, Ogri'la excluded, has portrayed Ogres as being dumber than dirt. Ogre Magi are reasonably intelligent and crafty, but they are a strict exception to the rule, and they're "magi" for a reason. They cannot make Ogres a playable race without pulling some half-arsed lore out of their nose, and it will be horribly contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxzar View Post
    If i were in charge i would introduce a neutral Pandaren only hero class and no other classes avaible to Pandas. To make it some more epic and more like the panda in wc3. Than you would have an epic quest line and at the end you choose for which side u wanna fight alliance or horde.
    That logic worked fine in WC3, but not so much in WoW. In an MMO, people who dislike a class shouldn't be screwed out of playing a race, and people who dislike a race shouldn't be screwed out of playing a class.

If we stuck with WC3 to the letter:
    - Druids would only be playable by Night Elf males, who couldn't play any other class.
    - Female versions of half the races wouldn't even be playable at all since they were never shown in prior games. When they are available, only the Night Elves lack obscene class restrictions.
    - No Dwarven Paladins
    - Forsaken wouldn't be on the Horde
    - Night Elves wouldn't be on the Alliance

I could list more, but the general point is that when you translate content into an MMO setting, a lot of fundamental things have got to change. Having a race that can only play one class (which is a unique class) in a game like WoW, is one of those things are aren't technically impossible, but probably a bad idea anyways.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I swear, if Ogres make it as a Horde race, I'm going to throw in the towel.

Everything to this point, Ogri'la excluded, has portrayed Ogres as being dumber than dirt. Ogre Magi are reasonably intelligent and crafty, but they are a strict exception to the rule, and they're "magi" for a reason. They cannot make Ogres a playable race without pulling some half-arsed lore out of their nose, and it will be horribly contrived.
    The same way Worgens were turned unintelligant and then intelligent again. Though I don't particularly know or am fond of Worgens...

I don't know how Ogres would be introduced, but it's not as far'fetched as you think...how many were apart of the Twilight's Hammer? Many. They were not dumb. We've seen them intelligent since, what, High King Maulgar and friends in Gruul's Lair. I personally would love to see updated Ogre lore, it's actually really cool. They're not as dumb as you think, especially when someone un-dumbs them. Rexxar is half ogre...

I doubt they're adding any new playable race at all, as I'm more on the new class idea, but I would accept Ogres into the Horde with open, Herp'durpin' arms.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-10-11 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    The same way Worgens were turned unintelligant and then intelligent again. Though I don't particularly know or am fond of Worgens...

I don't know how Ogres would be introduced, but it's not as far'fetched as you think...how many were apart of the Twilight's Hammer? Many. They were not dumb. We've seen them intelligent since, what, High King Maulgar and friends in Gruul's Lair. I personally would love to see updated Ogre lore, it's actually really cool. They're not as dumb as you think, especially when someone un-dumbs them. Rexxar is half ogre...
    Also, they're more... uneducated than unintelligent in lore sources. When Orgrim Doomhammer talks to one of the during Rise of the Horde, he sees that they're not exactly as dumb as the Orcs thought they were.

Hell, Orgrim even used four of them as his honour guard in Tides of Darkness.

Deleted
    I liked Lunk... and I liked the ogres from Ogri'la.

Hm... wasn't there someone saying that ogres and only ogres were going to be the new race in MoP? While I don't think that will be, they could bring in the Ogri'la ogres. And as they are neutral...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I liked Lunk... and I liked the ogres from Ogri'la.

Hm... wasn't there someone saying that ogres and only ogres were going to be the new race in MoP? While I don't think that will be, they could bring in the Ogri'la ogres. And as they are neutral...
    There are also the Stonemaul, the whole tribe is affiliated with the Horde.