Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Most people who think that they're elite aren't. Most players never even come into contact with elite players. The rest of this issue is a mixture of poorly raised players who cannot take feedback and d-bags who think the dps meter measures worth as a human being.
    Last edited by Gulvar; 2011-08-02 at 11:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because for the most part they are total douchebags when you talk with them. Very few of them actually are decent guys/gals. It has to do with the fact that they think they're better at everyone when the reality is they are better at a video game than the average person is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilarious that one would ever classify themselves as an elitist. Whatever makes your epeen grow I suppose.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone who is good/dedicated to the game=/=elitist

Elitist's are people who are good at the game and think they're hot shit because of it.

I give absolute respect to the Elite, but Elitist jerks who give unwarranted criticism just suck. I think that is the difference.

I am by no means a part of the Elite, nor will I ever be. But my respect goes to all of the people who push this game to the limit. Especially to guilds like DREAM Paragon, Method, Ensidia, vodka, etc. They are pretty awesome.

(I know, naming the most obvious guild, but even those from regular servers, that stand at the top and get Server Firsts, they are awesome, too).

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Someone who is good/dedicated to the game=/=elitist

Elitist's are people who are good at the game and think they're hot shit because of it.
    Then you have the pseudo-elitists that THINK they are hot shit, but they really are terrible. To be honest, I come across this type of player way more often than I'd like.

Elitism =/= progression

the reason they are hated is most elitists are terrible they had 1 strat that worked due to some stroke of rng luck and think if it doesn't work with another comp then everyone is fail or...
    they just sit there and bash way others play with no helpful info :S
    being this is a mmo community is the game period and elitists ruin the community so if there is too many elitists then the game is ruined for a massive group of people

Deleted
    some people dont like being bested and that is their problem not yours.

however refering to yourself as elitist makes you look bad you arent elite because you spend too much time playing a game your just over experienced.
    by refering to yourself as elite you are saying your better than everyone else and that gets on peoples nerves.

some people who cant play games blame it on their social lives but really just want to be good at the game others think its a sad world that someone could live more in a game than in the real world and that is an opinion.

long story short people dont like

people who call themselves elite (it makes you look like an arse)
    people who are better than them (it makes them feel bad)
    people who are worse than them (it wastes their time)
    people who live in game (it makes them sad)
    people who dont commit (it makes them sad)
    people who have to much to say 9they come off as rude)
    people who are just general arse holes who exploit the fact they play too much and have better things because they have put in 23 hours of every day into wow and explot that by getting on the casual players nerves

but at the end of the day you cant win its not worth complaining if you are a good player dont rub it in peoples faces your gear and mounts do that for you. dont give advice where its not needed just enjoy the fact you know better and just be nice. steriotypes come form somewhere and so do labels its your job as a player to break these and be the better player.

and if you havent learnt this from hours of gameplay then in actual fact your the worst kind of player... an elitist

Here is a screen cap from someone who thinks they are elite and is acting in an elitist way.

He started his diatribe after the Firelands trash group didn't like his loot rules, disbanded and reformed without him.

Elitists in the worst definition are those who think that greater knowledge, skill and progression make you a better person and one who has the right to judge anyone who is less progressed as themselves as inferior.
    I define skill and a good player as something very different.
    A good player is about more than just their own performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    true elitst people are hated plain and simple because they know better, people dont like to be told what to do even if it makes them survive not standing in the fire

I can't really put it any other way than that
    This. People can not stand to be corrected, even if it's an honest attempt to help them.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Nythion View Post
    Why are elitists hated? I raid 5 days a week trying to cap heroic rag progression and you get 5,000 people on the warcraft forums and in game saying how much they hate you and wish you would die because you spend to much time on wow. Isn't that our right as elitists? Are we hated because we make more progression than you? Are we hated because our significant others are elitists too? Give me some real data on this please, EVERYBODY plays world of warcraft to make progression whether you're stuck on defense system or you're lvl 1 in no greens or blues trying to level.

It isn't just pve either, pvp gets the same "omg you have no life get out in the sun" comments and what people don't realize is most of the elitists do in fact have an outside life.

I'm not making a complaint thread i'm just curious if some elitists haters could provide some real actual data on this. It is after all a persons right to play world of warcraft as much as they want and not all elitists are assholes. Blizzard needs to take this in consideration instead of listening to the old qqers saying "NERF THIS IT'S FREAKING OP AND I'M FAR TO BUSY IN MY LIFE TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY MY CLASS." Anyone for playing wow with your penis? Because that's what wow is slowly going to become.
    Could be that most elitists are arrogant assholes who think the whole world evolves around them and their funky looking gear. in other words as stated in this thread earlier "condescending assholes".

---------- Post added 2011-08-03 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    This. People can not stand to be corrected, even if it's an honest attempt to help them.
    This wouldn't be a problem if the "elitist" was writing in a proper tone instead of the usual "name calling, whining" before they start correcting those needing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythion View Post
    Why are elitists hated? I raid 5 days a week trying to cap heroic rag progression and you get 5,000 people on the warcraft forums and in game saying how much they hate you and wish you would die because you spend to much time on wow. Isn't that our right as elitists? Are we hated because we make more progression than you? Are we hated because our significant others are elitists too? Give me some real data on this please, EVERYBODY plays world of warcraft to make progression whether you're stuck on defense system or you're lvl 1 in no greens or blues trying to level.

It isn't just pve either, pvp gets the same "omg you have no life get out in the sun" comments and what people don't realize is most of the elitists do in fact have an outside life.

I'm not making a complaint thread i'm just curious if some elitists haters could provide some real actual data on this. It is after all a persons right to play world of warcraft as much as they want and not all elitists are assholes. Blizzard needs to take this in consideration instead of listening to the old qqers saying "NERF THIS IT'S FREAKING OP AND I'M FAR TO BUSY IN MY LIFE TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY MY CLASS." Anyone for playing wow with your penis? Because that's what wow is slowly going to become.
    Elitists are hated because they dont play the game for fun, they play it to be the best and better than others.
    Most of players play the game for fun, they dont give a damn if they dont know whats best enchants or best rotation. They do it for FUN.
    Not as highly on progression as elitists.

So get over it, its a game not a real life competition.

we dont call them elitists where i come from. we call them fucking nerds or losers.

elitists are a name given to nerds by nerds. it helps with their identity, and self-confidence. still doesn't change the fact they are nerds/losers.

Deleted
    As i see it, elitists are "hated" beacause their opinion and knowledge is far more superior than anyother who they talks to. If you dont agree with him you are a noob.
    Elitist people gives lectures to people that may need it and to those who don't need it but they give it anyway cos they know better.

Not all "elite" players are acting like elitist what i described above. Not all elitist players are very good in pve or pvp but they spend too much time reading and learning stuff. Then they go to wow and starts to tell ppl what to do.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate to sound elitist, but most of the neanderthals in this thread have no clue what an elitist is.
    If you are ELITE you are among the very best at what you do.
    If you are an ELITIST you look down upon those that are not as good as you are, due to your (supposedly) superior; intellect, gaming ability, good looks, etc. In other words, in WoW for example, ELITISTS are basic "I'm better than you could ever hope to be" doochebags while THE ELITE are 7/7hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    Uneducated idiots with biased hate.
    Couldn´t say it better myself. But just for the record, you don´t quite fit in the list of Elitist that "casuals" hate on.

Atleast you don´t seem like it ... Can be wrong..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Learn from the best! FIGHT THE POWER!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being an elitist isn't about what you're doing with the game or what you know. It's about attitude. Someone can be super hardcore and be dedicated to the game, but that doesn't make them elitist. Someone could be a lot less dedicated and still be an elitist. It's all about the attitude of the player.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Uhm isn't an elitist someone who behaves like an elite but is actually a noob?
    No an elitist is a player who thinks everyone else is a noob.