free character migration?

hey does anyone know how to check/which servers are open for these character migration things? my mains are on barthilas and darkspear and hope to move to somewhere like altar of storms preferably..

10+ Year Old Account
    On the Community Site, click Services, then click "Free Character Migration" on the right sidebar. It will show you if any of your characters are eligible for a free transfer and you can go from there.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the Battle.net site, pretty easy to find from there.

Mmo-champion would probably cover it though if it were open.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

it says that mine aren't but is there a way to check which servers actually can? atm its just showing me the list of my characters/servers..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    it says that mine aren't but is there a way to check which servers actually can? atm its just showing me the list of my characters/servers..
    Chances are.... there aren't any servers up for that. This is not something they do quite often, they no longer have the need to.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Chances are.... there aren't any servers up for that. This is not something they do quite often, they no longer have the need to.
    y no need to? that shit was cool

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a charity. They only do it if a server is massively overpopulated or imbalanced.

Anyway, I can't seem to find a list on the site, but you can look up specific realms by clicking the link at the bottom of that page that says "Can't find your realm?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Because servers no longer have large queues, because most servers are no longer crashing because of population thanks to bettered technology, leveled numbers, stabilized servers, dispersed zones..... a variety of reasons.

The reasons why Blizzard would want to/need to open up transfers from FULL/Overpopulated servers to underpopulated servers simply no longer/don't currently exist. It's a shame for lower pop servers hoping to up the numbers over there, but it's thin ice.

They shouldn't have to hand it out either.

10+ Year Old Account
    There hasnt been a free character migration in months, because there are very few server population troubles. Generally, the only time when they open up free character transfers is when either a server has a que over 200 or so, or the faction imbalance is generally over 20:1.

Last migration i remembered was sometime last summer, for the latter reason, on 3 servers, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

lol~ i guess..