Remove/disable buttons lighting up?

I recently had to delete my entire interface and start over again from scratch. As a result, some of my action bar buttons are now lighting up when certain skills become available (e.g. Slam, Raging Blow, Execute). I want to disable this from happening. It used to be that simply having a macro in place would prevent the skill from lighting up, but that no longer seems to be the case. Does anyone know of any settings, addons or macro re-jiggering I can do to prevent my buttons from lighting?

My current macros look something like this:
    #showtooltip Execute
    /startattack
    /cast Execute

The Slam one, for obvious reasons, has a /stopcasting line in it as well. I've tried changing around the #showtooltip line so that it does not include the name of the skill, but this hasn't worked out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just checked my list of active add-ons, and I'm not using those. The reason I had to redo my whole UI was because I tried out ElvUI and then LUI, and I didn't like either of them. Unfortunately, LUI completely screwed everything over when I tried to revert. I suppose it's possible that one of these packs left behind something that's causing the buttons to light up.