Thread: Macro Question

Deleted

Macro Question

Hello, sorry if this is wrong forum.

i have the Microsft sidewinder keyboard, and it has macro buttons on the side, is it against the rules to macro one of these to mill herbs for me while i go afk?
    i put my mill macro on 1, and set the macro to repeat press 1 so i dont have to sit there and mill for 45mins, but is this against the rules to do that?

edit: i have a feeling i heard somewhere before that it is against and counts as botting or something, if so, then thats annoying :P

thanks.

Yes.
    10 char limit etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayytee View Post
    Yes.
    10 char limit etc.
    blegh that really sucks, i hate sitting there just pressing the mill button, wouldnt be so bad if i could do something while i wait, but you cant move or it cancels

yea i think this is againt the ToS, since its counted as automating gameplay

Deleted
    o0 u wont hurt other people with this so i dont see were the problem is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cédille View Post
    o0 u wont hurt other people with this so i dont see were the problem is
    yeah, thats what i thought, but i also remembering hearing it is against the rules becuase its automation, although its just for milling herbs / prospecting. i dont mind farming the herbs or w/e, but sitting in orgrimmar pressing mill for ages is just so annoying.

fyi Blizzard also said something about this in Ask the Devs #3 - UI
    Maybe in the possible far future they will solve this problem, so there won't be any need for keyboard automation ..

Q: Milling and Prospecting are incredibly dull and very manual tasks at present, especially when you do them in bulk. Speaking as a scribe, the entire manufacturing process from herb to pigment to ink to glyph is both time-consuming, boring and sending me well on my way to repetitive stress wrist and index finger injuries. – Keb (North America/ANZ), googce (Taiwan)

A: Yes, we totally understand why this is a problem. The reason we can’t make it work just like other trade skills, is that we don’t know which herbs and ore you want to use. If you have some cheap ore and some very expensive ore, we don’t want to accidentally use the expensive ore. There are a few ways to fix this. One is we just redesign Milling and Prospecting. If they were recipe-based, then we would know exactly which material to use. It would also add a huge list of repetitive recipes to your Professions pages. We could also make some kind of new UI (think of something simple, like the Reforging UI) to let you drag and drop the materials you want to use. The advantage of the “box” solution is we could also use it for Disenchanting.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see them ACTUALLY do the "box" solution - I made posts about that on their feedback forums shortly after BC came out. :>