Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "on my server they're pugging heroic FL already."

How far into heroic FL are pugs getting?

On my server, people are pugging ICC, and some are even pugging HEROIC ICC.

A random BWD pug now and again, but mostly its ICC and Ulduar.

There is obviously a HUGE difference between your server,where heroic FL bosses are apparently facreroll easy,
    and mine, where pugs are not even 12/12 on the first Cata tier of raids.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2011-08-04 at 07:44 AM.

Deleted
    And I am one of those,to be honest. No game in which you must wait 30 minutes in a city to enter a dungeon is fun. I miss TBC and the early days of WoTLK.

everything that has a beginning has an end neo i mean blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond2 View Post
    It makes me happy to see more people leaving the game. As sick and twisted as that sounds, maybe blizzard will wake the fuck up and make tier accessible to non-raiders like it was in WotLK. Or at least give casuals something to do with rewards that aren't recolored rehashed shit, while raiders get all the new shinies. The new quest zone was a joke; I saw the rewards, I saw how little they value their casual players. "Just give em recolored rares, they'll eat it up. toss in a recolored mount too for kicks" No thank you blizzard, my money will go elsewhere. Make your game casual friendly like it was in WotLK and we'll talk about me re-subbing. If it takes another 1,100,000 people to leave to make a round two million, I hope blizzard it will get blizzard to fix their shit. I want to play WoW, but not in an environment where I have no hope for obtaining an armor set unless I'm a hardcore raider.
    rofl..How much more 'casual friendly' can this game get, than it is already? Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Rowrin View Post
    I really dont think it is all that surprising. If you look at it, Wotlk statistically was the best time in wow, when the subscriber population peaked at around 12 mill. Something in wotlk raised the player "population cap" of wow. That said, cataclysm was suppose to bring back a burning crusade / vanilla feel to the game. By the looks of it, the game is easing back into Burning crusade / pre-early wotlk levels.
    You know why it peaked? Cause they released in china not because the US got more subs or because it was a good expansion.

"Patch 4.3 will be the "largest content update since Cataclysm"Sounds impressive, but really all that is required for that to be true is a raid with 8 bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by planetchips View Post
    What amazes me are the people who quit, but still hang around like a vulture, as if they have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives except gripe about a past hobby.
    I used to love the game and played it from beta up to wotlk. News about the game still has a news value to me and that is not strange at all. People read news everyday, lots of news every day, that they have not the slightest thing to do with, it's happening right now, everywhere. If anyone asks me what the greatest game i played is i would say World of WarCraft without a hesitation.

Blizzard gave us a game and the players created a life style. But right now, they are on the 7th year(?) of doing the same thing over and over again. History repeats itself. It's new content, new 5 mans, new raids, number tweaks, new cosmetics but under the hood stuff hasn't really changed at all. I would say that after they implemented arenas i TBC, nothing new and innovative has been added to the game. The game needs a new and exciting game mechanic that kinda gets the same recognition as raids, bgs, arenas. If you really look at all the content that has been added over the years, so much of it is just new cosmetics and number tweaks and it's fucking dumb. And i choosed to comment it, because i feel like to few really questions what's really going on in the game. People say they want harder content or easier content, is that what the game is about? Numbers and different numbers? The community should ask for more game mechanics, innovative stuff. Don't buy the cheap stuff Blizzard sells, after all you are paying a lot of resources into the game, time and money.

I see a lot of comments also about people only playing because of the friends they have, you know what, if you need the game to glue your friendship together how good of friends are you really then? I'm still in contact with a lot of friends i gained from WoW but i also realized that some of the players i thought i was friends with was nothing but dead weight.

TL;DR version:
    Be smart
    Last edited by mmocd503f3f477; 2011-08-04 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranikotar View Post
    Oh and me having a near full heroic t11 set makes me a hardcore raider? Not really. Oh and why the need for the best raid gear obtainable if all it's used for is doing 5 mans?
    In WotLK it took until nearly the end of the game, but I was finally able to get gear that I was denied for not being in a big guild OR being shunned from pugs because I didn't have the LOLACHIEVES or I was unfortunately the wrong class/spec choice at the time and would refuse to change just because idiots didn't understand I knew how to play my class and or spec.

So being able to slowly grind heroics for my gear, made my day. Somewhat.

Oh sure people whine that heroics were to easy, but really, I didn't queue up for a heroic to spend 3 hours in a wipe fest, with undergeared healers or tanks or dps in dps kit thinking they could tank... I spent my money for something to kill time while my friends are offline.

But now? As one of those people who left and you were chortling about?

Well lets see; Dungeons are a pain in the ass to pug. Even the satchel doesn't offer much reward incentive for me. I received so much abuse on my healers I stopped healing pugs and turned to PVP. Where abuse was less actually than pugs and omgasp, actually reportable!

On my DPS, I got tired of not being healed by lazy healers who didn't understand the concept that if you have nearly full mana bar, and dps takes unavoidable damage, please use something cheap and easy to keep my ass from scrubbing the ground.

And my tanks OH LORD NO.My DK and my Pally and my War are now HIDING THAT SPEC. FOREVER.

So that scratches dungeons, raiding and etc from my game time! What's left!

Dailies and PVP! Dailies. Yeah.

I did Dailies for TBC. So fun.

I did Dailies for WotLK. So. Much. Fun.

Blizz: Hey we're gonna design some poorly thought out dailies that will glitch and crash and not work properly, for all you casuals. And for all those with hunters, we threw in pets that will be continually raped/ganked while you tame them, whoo hoo!

So needless to say I was less than thrilled, so I turned exclusively to pvp. And even then? It's not fun. No it really isn't. I want to do more than log on, spend an hour killing people on my hunters or out healing people on my druid as they rage face and nerd rage over how they can't kill me. WoW is hardly fun anymore.

Oh and RealID LFD. Paying for two features that are free otherwise? Yeah. No. Fuck that, fuck the premium.

Oh, but wait, you know what really drove me off finally?

The stupid. Retarded. PoS GM's I kept getting recently. Either not being able to speak english when it is clearly what I write fluently and only in. Not being able to grasp the concept of I could mean something entirely different so shut the fuck up about whining about people who were being abused by past LFD kicking systems or how I am basically told that I can be sexually harassed, insulted, attacked, griefed and otherwise verbally abused in pugs, from a blue, because LOL L2IGNORE and L2DROP GROUP.

Yeah that's a real reason to continue playing wow, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelia View Post
    What a pathetically stupid remark.
    I quit the game because I don't have time to play, but I'm still interested in it. I follow the game news, patches, I watch boss movies etc. I have every right to have an opinion, as does MrShapatsky, whose comment you ridiculed.
    Can you get such a concept through your brain?
    Reread MrShapatsky's comment you twit. Can you get that through your brain?

He was clearly mocking and prancing on his high horse.

The Harder you work for something, the more you "like it".WoW before was rly hard, and you were proud of every gear piece and item you has..now you can reach in couple of days without any bigger problem anything you want and that is decreasing value of those things.. Thats why WoW is losing subscribers, they aint proud of their characters, they aint proud of what they have done, cuz it was too easy..

I'm one of those 300k, sorry to say, but WoW has litterally gotten quite bad. Don't get me wrong, I miss playing the game, but I'm not going to subscribe for something I'm not going to play. o.o;

10+ Year Old Account
    War of the Anicents raid and 5-man AQ with Cho'gall summoning C'Thun, saying 'Bastion of Twilight was merely a setback!' You've heard it here first.

Deleted
    great news, and the fact that despite losing subscribers they increased their revenue is hilarious, more microtransactions please!

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    And I am one of those,to be honest. No game in which you must wait 30 minutes in a city to enter a dungeon is fun. I miss TBC and the early days of WoTLK.
    Yeah, spamming LFG fir an hour and a half looking for a group while waiting in a city was much more fun. Atleast now you could go out and grind rep or something while waiting instead of hitting a macro once every few minutes, then having to armory the person to make sure they weren't in greens because you couldn't just faceroll with Luck of the Draw.

So much more awesome back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokurei View Post
    "Gee blizz,, you think maybe I could get a complete tier set including trinkets and a pretty looking weapon? Oh and I don't really want to do any work at all for it. Also the shit you provide me in dungeons looks like shit! I want to be pretty!"I really don't see what else you're complaining about.Although I will admit a return of d sets would be fine. Hell yeah d2.
    no. this is how blood elfs (high elves of silvermoon city) looked like before they were forced to use fel magic.

Deleted
    In the new fanart, the first picture, what the hell is wrong with that womans arm?

People arguing that casuals ruined the game or that hardcores ruined it need to just shut the fuck up. Fact of the matter is this patch provided raid content unprecedented in how good it was. It brought back the WotLK PuG model so that people could see the content. Mediocre guilds could progress and kill Ragnaros and start working on heroic modes. The hardcores should be happier than they've ever been before. The last three heroic mode fights are absolutely amazing and to see how much effort is going into heroic ragnaros should just show how successful it was. The problem is not casual vs. hardcore bullshit. The problem is that the majority of the playerbase plays for quick action. This includes random bg's and heroics. Make changes to those two and we'll see the game be far more successful than ever before. Or so I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwickslash View Post
    I'm one of those 300k and I'm not one of the "whiney people that didn't get what I want" that you speak of... As someone above me said, I've been playing this for 6+ years and the game is becoming stale. I'd rather leave and be thankful for the fond memories the game has given me.

Please don't resort to generalisations.
    I'm right there with you.

I loved WoW. The best game that has been made imo. Of course it has it drawbacks but which game doesn't.

I just got bored in the end and moved on.

People need to stop being all negative because others decide to quit the game. Everyone will eventually move to other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Vevex View Post
    I agree, they need to do something new.
    This is the mantra here to a vast majority of veterans leaving, not minor number discrepancies, not it being to hard or easy, not about obtain loot.

Its they need to do something new, they need more things to do. Stop with the generic raids and 5 mans, what is topping them from making a dungeon to whatever number they would enjoy or fit a place best? They could add in a lot of different things like group size changes, PvP changes, that are totally unrelated with class or balance, just purely content.

Blizzard lacks so freaking heavily in innovative content,they NEED to innovate, not respond, reply and elaborate with the stupid fools QQing about why their class can't be the most OP one and arguing other balance issues with total idiots on the forums. What they need to do is take time to review NEW ideas for the game, ones well laid out that have merit and not somebody's shitty class ideas, or some new way to role play, or singular ability for one's class, people aren't interested in that crap. They want the game they have played for a long time to be DYNAMIC.

The "trinity" system for one needs to be looked at heavily and the way threat and AI works I would think, at least for some content in game. They AI in this game is just so simple to deal with, to an experienced gamer and player of MMOs everything pretty much feels like a tank and spank if the boss targets only one or two people over 90% of the fight.