Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Retribution Paladin DPS Bug

Retribution Paladin DPS Bug
    Mini news post to point out that Blizzard is already working on the bug affecting Retribution Paladin DPS after the latest server restart. He also reminded everyone that exploiting that bug can get you suspended, rewards for you and your raid removed, etc ... So it's probably safer to not do it, it will be fixed soon enough.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We're aware of this issue and looking into it right now. It's likely we won't have further updates for you until we're back in the office in the morning PST.

Just as a reminder from the Terms of Use:

C. Rules Related to Game Play.
    (i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players.
    As of now, the bug seems to be fixed on some realms but it seems to still be affecting other servers.

Last edited by Boubouille; 2012-02-02 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    I cant see how you can help exploiting it, seeing as Seal of Truth is one of the fundamentals of Retribution. For this not to be exploited is like saying "Ok, all you retribution paladins are not allowed to play atm, go spec Holy or something!"

10+ Year Old Account
    ofc yes retri paladin is bugg !

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 10:59 AM ----------

Retri Pala have rly big damage retri and rogue ! NERF AND BUFFED Druid !

I cant imagine they're going to ban/suspend players who've used this in LFR and stuff like that, but rather people who went and got some heroic DS kills with it or got achievements or higher rating in arena/rBG

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumleren View Post
    I cant imagine they're going to ban/suspend players who've used this in LFR and stuff like that, but rather people who went and got some heroic DS kills with it or got achievements or higher rating in arena/rBG
    Pretty much.

If you did it right, you probably could have 3-manned most of heroic Dragon Soul. I'd imagine they aren't going to like that.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    go to sleep Boub!

how on earth did they miss this bug xD

Quote Originally Posted by lu View Post
    Holy... How is Blizzard not burning the midnight oil and fixing this despite the time?
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Kayesith View Post
    I cant see how you can help exploiting it, seeing as Seal of Truth is one of the fundamentals of Retribution. For this not to be exploited is like saying "Ok, all you retribution paladins are not allowed to play atm, go spec Holy or something!"
    How? Maybe Ret Paladin saying in trade channel: "Ret paladin Selling Arena rating"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    Holy... How is Blizzard not burning the midnight oil and fixing this despite the time?
    All US realms are being restarted, so I think they are.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    they have families and lives (or at least get to attempt it) too.

I'm sure playing normally is fine and won't get you banned.Organising a raid to heroic Madness with 25 Retri Pallies however....

lol this is all blizz's fault, just because ret pallies felt like playing after they broke something, doesn't mean they exploited it

They are too busy making pandas.

They already have, all EU servers have been down for restarts and from what I've heard, the US have too

10+ Year Old Account
    So, it's a bannable to offense to use OP classes in-game? Blizzard, get your fucking shit together.

Deleted
    So what is the point of the ptr's?

10+ Year Old Account

They don't actually live in the offices. You know this, right?
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.