Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    300k more people who decided to do more with their life and leave the undeserved smug elitests and a terrible company (see real money AH in D3) behind.

Congrats to all those who quit, you have changed your life for the better. This is what happens when a company stops caring even one bit about its customers, lose enough customers and you will lose money too. Sadly some will come back but people are kidding themselves (blind faith in a game/company that they have wasted far too much time in can do that) if they think it will be a large number.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Eh a loss in subscribers is still a loss.

Thats almost a million in less than a year.
    You have to remember, 600k was lost in Q1, 300k Q2...which means that it will be less and less each quarter - assume 1/2 each time:

150k Q3
    75k Q4

All in all, you will have a million subscribers lost through gripes and rage quitting. However, new accounts are opening - and guess what - more will open once the next release comes out. Blizzard really has nothing to worry about...

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    300k more people who decided to do more with their life and leave the undeserved smug elitests and a terrible company (see real money AH in D3) behind.

Congrats to all those who quit, you have changed your life for the better. This is what happens when a company stops caring even one bit about its customers, lose enough customers and you will lose money too. Sadly some will come back but people are kidding themselves (blind faith in a game/company that they have wasted far too much time in can do that) if they think it will be a large number.
    By doing more with their lives I hope you mean not playing an MMO. Dropping one MMO for another is not an improvement. Blizzard is a great game making company you forget D3 which will make it rain over Blizzard HQ with money.

You're more deluded than the rest. Your hate for WoW is all-consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Barou View Post
    You have to remember, 600k was lost in Q1, 300k Q2...which means that it will be less and less each quarter - assume 1/2 each time:

150k Q3
    75k Q4

All in all, you will have a million subscribers lost through gripes and rage quitting. However, new accounts are opening - and guess what - more will open once the next release comes out. Blizzard really has nothing to worry about...
    6 year old game, it is getting old. The numbers will go down once new games are out, 900k subs lost and there isn't even any other actual decent MMO to play or even any good FPS games really atm. BF3,SWTOR,Guild Wars 2, tons of other titles coming in 2012 like D3. Thats going to be another big hit on WoW, and by the time those games are out, WoW will be 7 years old...senior citizen...it will soon be branded "too old" and new players will stop coming .

Quote Originally Posted by Barou View Post
    However, new accounts are opening - and guess what - more will open once the next release comes out. Blizzard really has nothing to worry about...
    You have to understand that number is AFTER people came back from firelands and new accounts. By the time next expansion comes out (Q2), there will be 5-6 big games on the market all fighting hard for subs.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    I'm actually glad they lost subs, and alot of them. Will make them care a bit more about their game.

Deleted
    I really hope cataclysm ends next patch. Ive hated this from day one, didn't enjoy the zones one bit, the raids seemed very boring and there was nothing new in them. Also im so sick and tired of dragons now, i seriously hope to never see one again, i really do hope all the aspects die in the hour of twilight and the old gods who have been pushed into the spotlight just fizzle out with them. This of course is just my view on cata and i'm sure there are alot of people who do enjoy it, i just believe that many others have left because of the same reasons i have, The burning crusade and wrath of the lich king seemed to have a certain atmosphere and personality about them, cataclysm just didn't seem to have that and seemed more like a huge patch to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds awesome, looking forward to it
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

First they lost 600k.

Then they lost 300k.

How is that going up. 600>300 together they're more, but people forget about the many joining players...

It is a down spiral... of subs they lose that is. The farther they fall the less subs they lose.

Blizzard needs to start thinking outside the box with WoW. F.ex invest in updating the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    You have to understand that number is AFTER people came back from firelands and new accounts. By the time next expansion comes out (Q2), there will be 5-6 big games on the market all fighting hard for subs.
    There is no doubt in my mind - I subscribed to Rift for a month, and came right back. People do not want to play games that are buggy and more misbalanced than WoW. Why? - because it is polished to the point where people bitch and moan about small bugs: class balance (which can never be balanced), itemization, profs, DC's, etc etc. They come back because of the flow of the game itself. They don't want to wait years for another to become as good as WoW did - they want it now. And if another game wants to destroy WoW - it better be just that and more - which is going to be hard to come by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    It's flat out true, regardless of your stance on casual or hardcore, the game isn't innovative anymore. I don't/can't raid anymore(due to prime time work from 1p to midnight) and the whole point of this game is to raid. So I have no incentive to play. I'm a great player, I don't stand in fire, I bring flasks and food buff, I come correctly enchanted and stat weighted, also I'm a tank. Yet I can't raid. When I do have a chance to PUG, I'm turned away cause I don't know the fights. Not like 5 minutes explanation and maybe a couple of wipes to get the hang of the fight. People won't bother. Telling me to Youtube the fights.. Ok I watch the videos and watch the videos. So then I "know" the fights. Well that doesn't help me get into PUG raids either cause I don't have the achievement. So explain how I can do better? The only arguments ever are get a guild group. Well please tell me a guild that raids 12p to 2 am, knowing I can't make commitments, and is still cool enough to let me come when I can. Yeah I thought so. This a GAME. Not a job. Having to make commitments to a game and PAY to play it. Really? Really? Can you honestly answer with a straight face? This is why the game is failing. Raiding is obsolete, it SHOULDN'T be the only avenue to the pinnacle. Sorry but a mountain doesn't only have one path. Yet y'all expect this game so have only one path. *rolls eyes*
    Poor you. But did you ever look at the midnight raid guilds? There are always a few around. But it prolly means changing servers.

In my alt guild there are plenty of people raid worthy. But they don't get a chance since the guild doesn't have enough people to make a 10 man. And then they have the same issue going in to pugs. The experience they lack.

Please be a 40-man raid.

I am also one of those 300k leavers. And I left the game after 4 years cause of how the game has developed. The raids were fun but not that fun for me to keep playing.

This, right here, is pretty much the answer to why a lot of people who have quit or unsubbed still post on the forums.

I assume I'm not alone in not really WANTing to quit WoW. I still get sad thinking about what I'm missing, and the people in my guild and friends list that I immediately lost contact with when I stopped raiding.

However, this game has been going on for a very very long time, all things considered, and Blizzard is failing to adapt.
    Things like changing the lock out system, failing to remove roadblocks to players who can't play a game 4-5 nights a week anymore that aren't a "fun" part of the game anyways (the blue post on repair costs clearly shows they're missing the point still) and the insane amount of grinding needs for a raiding player are major issues... especially when there's still nearly nothing to do once hitting 85, outside of raiding (for a PVE player.)
    There's absolutely no reason to grind out VP, rehashed dungeons, or grind dailies once the rewards were claimed, unless you're gearing up to raid. It's just too grindy to do "for fun" and it's too damn time consuming for people who are already raiding 4 nights a week.

One would HOPE some notice would be taken of just WHY the cancellation numbers are so high, and not look at it, like the fanboys post "our 11.1 million is far greater than your 900k!"
    One would hope Blizz would look at this as a challenge to improve their products.

Unfortunately, Blizz's insistance on planning and announcing "premium" paid features... when they're posting loss after loss... seems to indicate Blizz is happy to simply patch their financial losses by gouging their "fanboys" with higher fees...

I'm fairly surprised they only lost that many. The expansion came out, people spent the first 3 levels sitting in Org/SW queuing with guildies for speed leveling, then went to the Deepholm -> Twilight Highlands til 85, then equipped their tabards and never went back out in the world. 7 months with no new content, one new raid, and we're probably 4-5 months from another content patch as well. It's just dragging out.

I suspect the people still playing or that came back after the Rift disappointment are, like me, just waiting for something better to come along. You can tell by the forums and the community that it's ALL automated at this point. People logging in just for raids, to do their dailies, then back out.

The game has no heartbeat any more, and honestly, it hasn't since The Burning Crusade. I'm in no position to speculate as to WHY that's the case, but there was a feeling of true enjoyment in TBC that died in Wrath. Little sparks here and there (specifically ICC and killing the Lich King for me) but for the most part, there's just no real feeling of attachment anymore.

I won't be the idiot that says "WOW IS DYING". I'll be the educated spectator saying "WoW has lost its WOW", and you'd be hard-pressed to prove me wrong. Blizzard/Activision should count their lucky stars that the number of people here today are still playing. They've certainly done very little to earn that loyalty since TBC ended.

wow will take a real hit when GW2 and SWTOR lunches, there needs to be competition between developers for games to be entertaining, wow has been declining because it doesn't have a real competitor, so stop your WOW fanboism and stop bashing new mmos when they're announced.
    Last edited by Elian; 2011-08-04 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Or Ranikotar it was people that are just bored of the content/pace of the game. That and the high initial cost to start playing and be able to do everything right now is over $100 so new subscribers are very wary of joining. All things die in time and it's not like WoW's really all that dead. 300k/12mil = 2%. Not much of a real loss. Other MMO's would kill to have half the subscribers that WoW has.
    You took "Logic&Math", shot it in the ass, teabagged it and then shot it again... Earlier this year a 600k decline in subscribers was announced. So this 300k is an additional loss!!! Which brings us around... what? 1 million subscribers???!!! And that's for starters...

Considering that the new R-A-F policy is supposed to have increased the subscriptions, I think it is easy for everyone to understand that the 300k loss would be greater...

Last but not least, do you even know what's going on around you..? Trial accounts had also their benefits increased. The price for Classic WoW is really low right now, at about 7 euros, and the Burning Crusade expansion is given for free once you buy Classic. Which brings the cost up to 60-65 euros?! I would still not give these money to play WoW right now but its 40% down the price you mentioned (which I suppose was wrong to begin with).

Ps. I should not forget that 1 month hasn't passed since the patch 4.2 was released with the brand new raid and those... "awesome" dailes, and neither should any of you. Cause the subscriptions decline combined with the struggling efforts to bring new and old players back, speaks volume for both WoW and Blizzard right now...

Deleted
    Great you actually can download the hardware specification application for windows from battle.net.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IfOnly View Post
    You take joy in wanting to see a game die? Wow that just proves how much better you are then everyone else (sarcastic face)
    Read my post again. I enjoy the nerd rage of dumb fanboy players who can't stand the fact that 'their game' is losing subscriptions.