Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The what motivates you thread.

So ive been thinking this last week: "why am i even working out? its hard and im not sure i want to do this anymore." after i ask myself that, i think of all the things that would come of me working out and becoming physically fit. for me its about a few things, being able to show people i can do it, appearing more physically attractive, feeling good about myself when i see myself in the mirror, and just being healthy.

so people, what motivates you to work out? outside encouragement is welcome here.

Well, for me personally I was just sick of being fat, I was overweight my whole life, and I just wanted to fix it, that really motivated me, my brother losing 100 some pounds was also a great motivator as well. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    So that I can eat fatty foods, and people will just think I'm really hungry, rather then just a fat guy eating fat food.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Reason i started working out in the first place was looking even more badass playing my guitar, i guess thats still it x)

Passing my army training is my only goal at the moment so thats what motivates me, if i'm not doing anything then i do it just to keep fit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am the son, and the heir
    Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar...
    I am the son and heir Of nothing in particular

10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to rationalize spending somedays completely at a computer >_>

the ratio for me is about 70/30

70 being being physical and 30 being a sloth (x

I dont work out.

When I do exercise, it is always in game form. Play basketball, soccer, ultimate, golf, anything. If it isnt some sort of game, I am not motivated.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I gonna be the first to say it? The bitches. I started working out my sophmore year in high school because I was chunky/over weight. Needless to say I wasn't getting much female attention, so I started to change my physical appearance. With that came confidence, and by my senior year I was having a great "time". Now that I have a girlfriend my reason has changed, and I think subliminally that was the reason all along. I used to be really insecure about myself, used to look in the mirror and not liked what I saw at all. That's what keeps me working out now that I'm in excellent shape and don't exactly have a crucial reason to workout

Women. I am a good looking guy so girls were never an issue. I can tell you the first time I took my shirt off at the beach since Ive been lifting ... eyes were on me and it felt great.

I'm always in a better mood after working out. I also love to do sports so working out helps my performance. Ofcourse because looks matter too.

To not crush or possibly kill my future husband when I'm on top of him during sex.
    you got me where you want me again and i can’t turn away
    i'm hanging by thread and i'm feelin’ like a fool
    i'm stuck here in-between, the shadows of my yesterday
    i want to get away, i need to get away
    now you know, yeah you got my back against the wall.

What motivates me is having big muscles and when getting old I still have the ability to do things I could when I was younger. I really never want to get to a point where I have trouble doing things I enjoy let alone walking.

Deleted
    I enjoy moving my body and putting it through it's phases... so I suppose that motivates me? I don't know. I've never really questioned exercising. So to me it's simply the natural thing to do, take good care of your body, so that it too may take good care of you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The book "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell. Really just finished it and it has inspired me greatly and has made me have a deep respect for the men and women that give their lives for My Country. Inspired me to go into the navy also :P This gamer would never cut it as a SEAL though :P

Honestly at a young age being overweight, and I wanted to be healthy and look good. After exercising I can see how 'easy' it can be and wonder why I never started earlier! And wanting to be healthy most of all.

Looking good, feeling great, and lifting is just fun. It's challenging. There's just something satisfying about lifting something heavy.

i dont work out because im already really skinny (19 years old and still a good metabolism) but im also really unhealthy... wanna know what i ate today? probably not but ill tell you anyway. i ate half a bag of chips and 2 candy bars. 5'10" and 135 pounds but what will motivate me is when something is going wrong ( fat/sickness) or boredom
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

Quote Originally Posted by xrobar View Post
    i dont work out because im already really skinny (19 years old and still a good metabolism) but im also really unhealthy... wanna know what i ate today? probably not but ill tell you anyway. i ate half a bag of chips and 2 candy bars. 5'10" and 135 pounds but what will motivate me is when something is going wrong ( fat/sickness) or boredom
    That doesn't sound like a good metabolism. It sounds like you just don't eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    To let all the anger / frustration out.... I'm a pretty angry person.