Diablo 3: Conflict while playing with friends?

Since Diablo 3 has taken the route of real money for virtual items on the auction house, I think it will have VERY BAD consequences on the game and community. My concern is that this could (and probably will) create a lot of drama and conflicts between friends/parties. However at the time of this post I am not aware of the drop system the game will have (Diablo 2's free for all loot on the ground or WoW's roll system).

Scenario 1: You and your 3 friends worked together and managed to kill a really hard boss, an item X drops which goes for around $10 on the player auction house. You are your friends argue over who gets the item, one person gets it, everyone else rages.

Scenario 2: You are in a PuG doing some dungeon and look, its rare item Y! Item Y is perfectly itemized for you as you are class Y, and no one else in your party needs it! However this item is worth $10 on the AH, and a person ninja's it for the money.

Scenario 3: Scenario 2 keeps happening over and over again to the point where almost no one you can meet is trust worthy and the game turns into an all out ninja-fest. The Diablo 3 community begins to degrade and develops the reputation of being terrible.

Will post more later, just really tired.

They've been indicating that it's a personal loot drop system. So no mad clicking to steal shared loot or opportunities to ninja loot rolls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, loot drops will be unique for each player involved.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Even if it was not a personal drop, playing with friends they would get dibs over the item than a mere $10. Friends are more important than a few bucks of a virtual item.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to do things Solo if it's possible. Or if I do find a boss that's hard to kill, just bring friends you trust, down it and take the loot if you actually need it. I don't think my friends will have problems giving away an item worth $10.

There will never, EVER, be loot problems in D3. Regardless of how many people are in the party. Any loot you see drop, only you see drop. It's like that for everyone.

And besides, if you had loot conflicts with friends then really how good are these friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe the OP should actually read about the game rather than rant on something he knows nothing about? everyone gets their own loot and had been stated months ago.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only conflict with friends will be choosing which Boss to kill.
    Paper is fine, nerf Rock. ~Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Surrender View Post
    maybe the OP should actually read about the game rather than rant on something he knows nothing about? everyone gets their own loot and had been stated months ago.
    1. This wasn't a rant
    2. The purpose of the post was to list my concerns and see if they were shared.
    3. I wasn't aware of the drop system (as stated) and people told me of it, abolishing my concerns about that part of the game.

Thanks for the info.

Not that it's an issue, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly View Post
    And besides, if you had loot conflicts with friends then really how good are these friends.
    My thoughts exactly.