Voracious Hatchling Health on Heroic

Now I've only ever worked the fight on 10 man and I don't want to turn this into a 10v25 thread. I was looking at some stuff and I notice proportionally the adds on 25 man have considerably less health on 25 man than 10 man. 10 man have about 7 mil and 25 man have just over 10 mil. On 10 man you get 2 people + tank per side for hatchlings. So I'm wondering what's so different on 25 man that requires health equal to about 3 people + tank?

I've only done the fight on normal 10, but it's my understanding that since the tank does the vast majority of the damage, even more so in heroic versus normal, that the health doesn't need to be increased greatly.

The adds actually have less health on Heroic because you go through 3 pairs before the tornadoes.

Deleted
    mostly due to the tank damg mechanic,
    if they had 2.5X hp we would need the ability to do that much damg to them but we can't unless you made the tank debuf in 25man do x25 damg instead of x10.

Are the tanks in 25 man expected to solo the adds? On 10 we have a druid in tank spec but dps gear and he gets the adds to ~35% before the firestorm.

The gear level in 10 and 25 is the same, im sure a tank can solo 7m or atleast 5m and two DPS can do the rest.

Yea we have no trouble with the tank + 2 dps. What Vigante said makes sense. A tank in 25 man should do similar numbers to a 10 man tank.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Are the tanks in 25 man expected to solo the adds? On 10 we have a druid in tank spec but dps gear and he gets the adds to ~35% before the firestorm.
    First firestorm after tornadoes is always the worst, since it seems to come much earlier than other. But no, you won't be soloing the adds without Tantrum during Firestorm, which is just nasty. Outside assistance is pretty much required to do it comfortably, without your tanks randomly exploding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Aren't druids considered to be the best tank dps-wise? Our warrior and paladin got no problems killing the adds before the fire storm or the tornados.

Deleted
    Only done it 10m aswell, but can make some guesses.

From the little tiny bit i know about tanking, 10m guys have a bit tougher time maintaining aggro, due to the lack of a crazy amount of MD's and ToT's. Therefore some 10m tanks go for more "dps/aggro" stats like hit and exp, where a 25m tank just stacks damage reduction or whatever.

Please do correct me if needed, this is just a wild guess.

Also the humanoid health might be higher? no? Havent bothered checking. This would leave the tank soloing them, where on 10m we usually kill adds and then help the tank with the last couple of %

Aggro is the least of the concerns on this fight since the tanks do 1000% damage to the hatchlings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tank on 10man normal, and I solo the bird, maybe with the dps switching for the last 3-500k dmg (but thats often not needed as I can do that with 1 shield crit or HoW) ... you shouldn't need DPS's help, they're only there to deal with the druids and interrupts.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

DPS are expected to switch to the bird once all of the druids are dead. This makes a rather small window for them to DPS, on top of the tank doing much more damage than any of them anyways, so raid size doesn't make much of a difference on the health of the hatchlings because the rest of the raid doesn't end up doing much to it. If your tank can't get 7 Million down, chances are you're missing some buffs like 5% Crit, Str/Agi, 10% Attack Power, and 10% melee haste. Missing any one of those can screw up your tank's DPS pretty badly.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.