Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The messages I'm getting ARE pretty damn funny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoranos View Post
    The messages I'm getting ARE pretty damn funny
    Post them? Editing out the filth of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not-CSB:

I have/had(?) a profile on okcupid that I made for reasons other then finding dates*. Although I had "married" listed in my info, selected "looking for friends only" in the preferences, blocked 'woos,' and responded to the "You should message me if" question with "you have enough reading comprehension to know that I am not looking for hookups," I would periodically still get messages.

So I modified the profile to make myself seem as unappealing as possible. I didn't lie about anything, but I played up the crazy and sort of turned the page into a caricature of myself. I gave weird answers, picked bizarre profile images, the whole nine yards. I can't decide if its more amusing or scary, but I actually got way way more messages that way then I did with the original profile. And let me tell you, the people who are attracted to that hyperbole of me are precisely the kind of frightening people that I wouldn't ever want to meet.

* I realise that sounds odd now when its a popular dating site, but it wasn't uncommon to use the site as a social networking site years and years ago when it was new. Lots of people registered when thespark site reincarnated as okcupid, a sort of social networking site with fun quizzes. I tried to make it as obvious as possible that I wasn't there for that purpose because I think it's pretty dickish to toy with people like the OP is doing.

tl;dr - people on okcupid want to hook up with crazy people and OP you are being a jerk for screwing with people like that.

Last edited by Tziva; 2011-08-10 at 10:02 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The internet is for sex. . . . apparently.

"i only like food with no animals on it cuz im a vegitarion.. give me a good pizza with peperoni and veggies, who needs meat lol"
    icwutudidthar

15+ Year Old Account
    "hi ur profile and picture (;P) look realy great would luv know something more about you ;P write me back if u want to be friends/something more ^^"

"
    Hey Erin I'm *****,
    You totally sound really cool and I definitely think we'd have tons of fun together!

I love going out to see movies and going out for drinks lol What sort of stuff do you like to do? What is your favourite kind of alcohol?"

"Yo i normally go on murderous rampages killing small cuddly innocent animals in the most inhumane way possible but i think i'd rather take a break and buy you a coffee (obviously joking about the first part of the msg lol its called a hook) anyways u interested?"

"Why are the hotties always so young? lol" - some 40-year-old guy

Just a taste. 150+ visitors per week, at least 5 messages per day, often more. Would be many more if I had made the location NYC or something. For comparison I made a male profile with an average (but not ugly) guy and filled out all the essays with pretty much the most desirable traits I could imagine, and it's getting something along the lines of 4-5 visitors per week and the only message it has gotten so far was from a pre-op transsexual.

EDIT: Had to add this one.
    "pretty interesting profile i like it . is there a plant that makes peproni , i thought you were vegitarion ."
    Last edited by Enders; 2011-08-11 at 11:23 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    the only message it has gotten so far was from a pre-op transsexual.
    I found that more funny than I should have

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    I found that more funny than I should have
    Go for it, may be a unique experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might try this...seems funny.

That is hilarious!! Good job

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that online dating sites are pretty much the slightly less nerdy equivalent of an online gaming forum. Mostly guys, and girls get all the attention. Though I guess the latter is a universal truth.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    It seems to me that online dating sites are pretty much the slightly less nerdy equivalent of an online gaming forum. Mostly guys, and girls get all the attention. Though I guess the latter is a universal truth.
    less nerdy? maybe. Sadder? By miles.

You should checkout the gamer dating sites... My imagination tells me those would be nerdier and maybe sadder, and we all know imaginations never lie

Find me a free one and I'll check it out :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a bit...weak...pathetic...well each to their own I guess?