10m heroic rhyolith fury warrior DPS issues

So we have a group of Pally tank, Druid healer, pally healer, Shaman healer (goes Enchan for fight), Rouge, Fury Warrior (me), Dk tank, 2 hunters, and a shadow priest. Now I'm the most geared of the DPS and i usually pull 25k while the rouge is bout 1-2k behind me yet on Rhy hell pulling ahead by 5-6k on me. Now i am slowing the adds while we keeping trying to dps but is their something i am missing here like poisons arnt being reduced by the 80 percent decrease or anything Also im SMF
    Last edited by cedien; 2011-08-05 at 04:56 AM.

Probably BF cleave on adds.

Not realy a fight where u should worry about dps like that, how ever we do it whit me solo tanking while melee on leggs and range helps me on adds, if ur jumping around and spending rage on, im guessing slow shout, ur dps should drop *shrug*.

Well my guild is Set on two tanking it and im getting blamed for pretty much everything and its rly getting on my nerves

What are you using 2 tanks for? one of your tanks should go dps (your dk) and you should spec arms and bladestorm down one add pack and sweeping strikes cleave down another. Dk and rogue on the legs (other dps helping when nothing else to do, keep track of where he's going) Use 3 healers. the raid damage is heavy later in the encounter and in the last phase it's intense as heck. You should try it on heroic 10man, if you mess up 1 turn or the adds dont die in 5seconds your dps will die from having the adds on him + aoe damage or you'll hit the soft enrage.

I honestly don't know where your raid leader got the idea with 2 tanks 2healers.. that seems like shooting yourself in the leg and then trying to run a marathon..
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

we are doing 10 man heroic... we got him to 9 percent with a glitched volcano in the process (Also i have never done Arms)
    Last edited by cedien; 2011-08-05 at 08:20 PM.

Our 10man group does it with a feral druid + moonkin druid using swipe + shrooms to simply kill all the sparks in less than 5 seconds before the feral returns to dps on the legs and the moonkin goes on spark. How low is Ryolith when the encounter has lasted 5minutes? (his soft enrage)

round 45 but heres another thing you might just think is wrong ( cause i do) they like to BL at around 50 percent with around 14-25 armor on just to push him and try to heal the last phase threw which doesnt work

it's "correct" to use heroism at 14-30stacks of his armor to push him into the burn phase. The whole idea of the fight is to have him into phase 2 (burn phase) before he gains Super Heated, which is the soft enrage that starts at 5minutes regardless of hp on boss.

If you're at 45% hp when he gains his first stack of super heated it's like i suspected and your dps is just way to low and there's alot of things that can improve that.
    - Getting more burst aoe damage on the fragments of ryolith means less time spent on them and more on boss.
    - Spark of ryolith puts a buff/debuff on itself that increases his damage done and damage taken by 10% each stack. Simply don't start to dps him before he gets 3 stacks will let your ranged spend alot less time on him = more damage on the boss.
    - Having hunter traps (2 of them) allways on the ground will almost stop the Liquid Obsidian from reaching Ryolith, make sure your hunters are using it on CD.
    - You really should 3heal it for the last phase, unless the raid is at 80% hp on the first stomp you risk people dying, using tranq and spirit link totem right as he goes into phase 2 is recomended.

Tell your raid leader that the boss has a 5minute soft enrage timer, our first kill lasted just short of 5minutes and 10seconds. It just seems you need to push out alot more dps on the boss, some steps to that i already said above like allowing the spark to get 3 stacks of his buff before you nuke him down or having a strong aoe spec in your group.

Ill add our first kill heroic Ryolith video below but it's in Norwegian so just mute it and try and see what we do and notice the times we use heroism and how fast our adds die. The encounter isnt just about nuking as hard as you can, also being smart about when you dps things for instance.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRP41...layer_embedded

Another thing that I noticed is that you only have him to 45% at 5 minutes and his armor is below 30%, do you have any logs from your encounters or?
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-08-05 at 05:51 AM.

we do have our hunters throwing ice traps down, but one of the loves to get hit by lines, i trutly belive that our dps is just not enough. i mean hell moving ryloth is hard enough since people are messing up legs (our guild for great justice on Vashj Server)
    Last edited by cedien; 2011-08-05 at 05:53 AM.

Huntingbear_grimbatol is right, you can use only one tank and then release the DK to be DPS, that will help

Imo just work on delaying dps on the spark for as long as your tank and healers feel doable, the less time you spend on the adds is the main thing that changed the encounter for us and just from what you're telling me that you're using 5minutes just to get him to 45% ish tells me your dps is focusing on add(s) too much.

Priority should allways be:
    1. Shard of ryolith, nuke as hard as you can.
    2. Spark of Ryolith with atleast 3 stacks.
    3. Legs of ryolith.
    4. Spark of ryolith before 3 stacks.

All comes down on how much you dps you do on ryolith, just from changing the way we handled the sparks we got almost 15seconds worth of dps from our 2 ranged more than we used to. you having two hunters and a shadow priest should have no trouble at all killing the spark within 10seconds when the spark has 3stacks.

Your tank shouldn't be in any trouble of actually dying from the stacks, if you use the prot paladin you can have him use cds to mitigate alot of the damage. Another big pointer is that you should only kill 2 sparks of ryolith, the third you should ignore and nuke boss. all adds disappear when he changes phases, you still have to kill shards of ryolith within 30seconds or else they'll blow up. But take a look at the video i linked and see what our moonkin does on spark, that's basicly several hundred k damage that your group can gain.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-08-05 at 06:16 AM.

thank you for all the info ill try to get the raider to use your advice

Np, you really need to optimize your raid dps though it's what changes the whole fight. If you looked at the video i linked you'll see that our sparks die with like 7 stacks most of the time and we don't actually get our first superheated stack untill he's done the first stomp in phase 2, we also used heroism at 35 (25 stacks) and once we use hero we dont dps anything else.

Deleted
    2 Tanking Rhyolith 10m is a joke, your dk should as mentioned a few times go frost, and just make sure he spams howling blast to just aoe all the liquid obsidians when they get close, (while still doing dps on legs ofc)

That will prevent alot of them to reach the boss (heck you can even kite them)

Around 4m you should be like 15-25 stacks of armor and like 50% just pop hero and burn it.

Our last kill we had our first super heated 4s before he died (5:04 kill time)