Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Athene maked 2x Glad titles - S1 and S3 in the 3v3 bracket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    I just hope he isn't supposed to be "leet" because it does not seem that way on the toon profile.
    He doesn't need good gear cos he's Athene.. :P

bg's played, 6.
    bg's won, 3.

nuff said, move on people :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    I believe hes been glad multiple times within his own realms before he quit
    This. He was a sort of PvP hero in Europe before he quit, playing with some of the best PvPrs in the world at the time (Bloodx, Icematikx, Prodx, Hydra and so many other yesteryear heroes I can't remember).

He was Gladiator in season 2 (rank 1), season 3, season 4 and achieved rank 1 in all 3 brackets in season 5 before he quit.

But his player skill doesn't matter as everything he does is an act. Athene is a character and to be honest, the knowledge that he's bad makes it all the more entertaining (which he is).

---------- Post added 2011-08-05 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    If he is supposed to be such a good player I don't buy it, statistics suggest; he is lazy (being summoned a lot), does not quest and gets boosted in dungeons for XP. He gets gold to buy 7 bank slots and such so he is just a spoiled brat and nothing more. Now I don't know about this Athene character, maybe he is just a Youtube phenomenon? Making silly faces, talking funny, saying odd things and such. That I would understand, I just hope he isn't supposed to be "leet" because it does not seem that way on the toon profile.
    He's just racing to max level, you know, where the game matters. He cleared all TBC raiding content pre nerf and is the fastest leveller in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychos View Post
    he's just playing a character that many people love to hate because they're too stupid to realize it's just a joke.
    No, everyone knows he's playing a character, it's just that he's doing it so poorly that we all just sigh in disbelief.

Deleted
    Didn't Hydra get athene his rank 1 titles?
    Anyway, athene is a funny guy and quite entertaining i just get the feeling that he's not as good as he makes out

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Systeri View Post
    Didn't Hydra get athene his rank 1 titles?
    Anyway, athene is a funny guy and quite entertaining i just get the feeling that he's not as good as he makes out
    He likely isn't, That's what makes it funny

Man, I'm getting really frustrated whenever they do their dumb livestream. I play on Darkspear and it's a lag/spam fest whenever they're streaming, I hope Blizz bans them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Man, I'm getting really frustrated whenever they do their dumb livestream. I play on Darkspear and it's a lag/spam fest whenever they're streaming, I hope Blizz bans them again.
    Okay that would make it worse, and have the fans come back to OUR server and other multiple servers

It was literally like playing 56k when Swiftys ban was known

And spam more for no reason, then destruction in these forums and other forums

Yeah no thanks

What, cant you have heirlooms on US servers? :O
    You'll be suprised what the difference it between US and Europe. Only UK has some similar american stuff but thats because Napoleon failed to conquer it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by years View Post
    What, cant you have heirlooms on US servers? :O
    You can, It's just he rerolled completely then all of a sudden he has heairlooms which makes it a fact that hes likely linked to Swiftys b-net account making Swifty send him heirlooms

Deleted
    i honestly cannot stand that guy, i saw 1 video of his and was like wtf is this? he is just annoying :S and i dont mind swifty, i have only seen one of his videos, and seemed a lot cooler and more interesting than athene.
    whats the appeal and so great about him and why everyone fascinates over him?

Deleted
    Been a swifty fan since middle wotlk and will always be a fan I love his IRL vids, i even changed my diet because of him! lost 5 kilo in july lol! (cud have been more if i went to the gym more often >.>)

athene is just a funny guy and i like his vids

How many times have he not put a leveling record from 1 to "max level". Also was about to get world first 80. (got banned few hours away), and got the world first 85.
    Alot of people aim for that, and ofc its all about having the right people around you.. but how different is that from Paragon nukefest really?
    I cant personally stand the "guy", but all credit to his gameplaying.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i honestly cannot stand that guy, i saw 1 video of his and was like wtf is this? he is just annoying :S and i dont mind swifty, i have only seen one of his videos, and seemed a lot cooler and more interesting than athene.
    whats the appeal and so great about him and why everyone fascinates over him?
    He has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Actually make that a bucket of salt.
    If you take him seriously you will hate him, but if you just laugh with him, you'll see he's actually a clever guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis10123 View Post
    If you take him seriously you will hate him, but if you just laugh with him, you'll see he's actually a clever guy
    i didn't take his videos seriously, would be surprised if anyone could, i just found him a really annoying person, just found him seriously annoying, and plan on never watching another of his videos.

Quote Originally Posted by lewis10123 View Post
    This, this and this.

He plays up to his audience. If you've got any common sense, you can see that he does it to entice a reaction. He feeds off of the attention people give, both good and bad, and it's quite enjoyable to watch.

I'm sure he's a good player, he does seem to do fairly well, but he's in no way the best. Again, he 'acts' for his audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychos View Post
    He actually has 2 or 3 gladiator titles from TBC on his main.
    From TBC!?!? Wow! That's incredibly relevant to today.

Deleted
    He's got one joke - "I'm the best in the world at..." When in reality he sucks, oh my that is so funny i peed a little. He also tried to become the "the best" at League of Legends but he was horrible at that game even after playing quite a while, and that's an easy game.

Quote Originally Posted by pezit View Post
    He's got one joke - "I'm the best in the world at..." When in reality he sucks, oh my that is so funny i peed a little. He also tried to become the "the best" at League of Legends but he was horrible at that game even after playing quite a while, and that's an easy game.
    He was actually pretty decent at it.