SPriest on flying duty Alysrazor

Hey guys,

Basically, I have just a simple question which I haven't really found anything one. Because we have a talent that reduces the cd of your shadowfiend each time your MF crits, it's possible to have a cd on shadowfiend as low as around 5 seconds. Now I just wonder, can you have multiple fiends up at one time or will the previous just despawn? I haven't really payed attention to it during the fight, but I'm wondering if I really had an army of shadowfiends or not.

No you can't. You get an error saying you can't have 2 (controllable) pets at once. Besides the fiend in the air is a waste of a cooldown, when you can do a lot more damage wasting the global on a damaging spell.

Well when I tried it I didn't get an error, my shadowfiend just went on cooldown. And of course I'm not using it in the air, I mean after the tornado phase where you can basically mind flay till you drop.

Still during that phase you shouldn't bring out your pet until you lose the buff. You lose a lot more dmg since I believe it doesn't have the crit chance or haste that you have.

You can only have 1 up at a time so even though it's off CD after 5 seconds, you have to wait 15 seconds total for the previous one to die. And opposed to what the last guy said, you should be casting it on every CD, even in the air. It will still dps the boss while flying.

Quote Originally Posted by oatmealpoet View Post
    You can only have 1 up at a time so even though it's off CD after 5 seconds, you have to wait 15 seconds total for the previous one to die. And opposed to what the last guy said, you should be casting it on every CD, even in the air. It will still dps the boss while flying.
    Yea this is right... there isn't any good reason to not use it in the air...

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't want to make a new thread for this.

I have one question and that is: Can we use our shadowfiend while in air or will it despawn/bug out?
    Some say that it bugs some says it works perfectly fine.
    Just done alysrazor on my warrior because of vacations etc so I havent been able to try it out yet Thanks
    trololol didn't read

Shadowfiend will dps the boss in the air, as you can see from our logs.