Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Meh, This happens all the time. Competition really, they want to see if you're better than the next app. I remember in H Uld, they recruited another Enh Shaman. He severely outgeared me, and I still outdpsd him. I taught him how to correctly play, and then he did better than me so I was traded out. Made a whole forum about Enh Shamans/Items, but because he outgeared me he could pull slightly more dps. But, that's just how are elitist are. I quickly moved on and did a hell of a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Im only using flash of light at the moment because I was talking with another H pally who is apparently a fantastic healer and they said that Flash of light was their main heal and it worked really well for them, so I figured I'd give it a go to see how it worked for me. I never claim to be the best holy paladin out there because I know for a fact that i'm not
    He is wrong. Holy Light & Divine Light are the best casting spells to be using. I only ever use Flash of Light, when I can get an instant from my Haste + Infusion Proc or it is panic mode.

Holy Radiance is pretty much as must, along with Light of Dawn on Beth, and yet your Holy Radiance is really low.

I do hate to say this, but you're being carried it seems. This could be the reason you're having these problems : /

As a raiding guild wanting to progress, you need players that know the class they are playing and can play it very well. It might not be that you are playing your class wrong, but you might be not paying attention to mechanics as much as you should. Personally, ive never had this problem. Yea, some people out dps me, but who takes the least damage during a fight? Yea, this guy. Not the warrior doing 23k and taking 50% more damage than he actually should, even if. I play an enhance shaman, but when healers start ooming and having trouble keeping tanks up, i WILL heal tanks and throwdown a healing rain if we have to be stacked. Reduce damage you take,Pay attention, know your class, and help out other roles if you can, you will never loss your raid spot.

Deleted
    I've been a core raider as Destruction/Affliction warlock in my old guild for a long, long time. I was basicly our #1 DPS on 90% of the boss fights. Moving on. I wanted to reroll back to my old character, as I missed playing it. (from Ranged Caster to melee DPS). So I contacted the GM, asked if they could get me a spot for it. They said no. Week later, our tank rerolls rogue, and our GM rolls Shadowpriest. It pretty much gave me a wtf moment. I quit my lock, went my pala anyway, got no more raid spots.

That day I quit raiding, and boy am I feeling alot better now.

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldn't call this being screwed over but anyway it happened during the time when toc was popular, We had killed the 25man version of anub'arak and I won the roll on http://www.wowhead.com/item=47316 anyway after that I was g-kicked because i wouldn't hand it over to one of the other casters in the guild.

Deleted
    Im not going to give you any advice im just going to respond to the being screwed over part. No you are not being screwed over, you are clearly being carried by the other healers (so is the priest), yes druids are better on aoe heal fights such as rhyolith and beth but when you are doing 9k hps and the druid is doing 15k hps you are clearly doing something wrong.

You better take the advice from the other people in this thread, just because you have been in the guild for a long time does not mean you should be given a raid spot.

I'd hardly say i'm holding back the group. They got to 6/7 with me healing o_O;; As I said I know i'm not the best but at the same time i'm not causing wipes :/
    I didn't say you were causing wipes. What I did say was that if you're unwilling to put forth the effort to do well, your RL should replace you. Any player who is unwilling to do well (particularly if it involves a lack of knowledge that can be found in any basic sticky) should be replaced for the good of the raid. I stand by the assertion that if you fall into that category, you should be replaced.

And based on what others are saying in this thread, you fall in that category. And with your current playstyle, once you get into hard modes, you *will* start to cause wipes. Unless you put forth the effort to fix it.

Deleted
    Your healing is the problem unfortunately.

7 Min Majordomo fight (your longest attempt):

• 13 Judgements (in total)
    • No Divine Favor used.
    • Holy radiance cast once.
    • Flash of Light used too often.

On Majordomo you can literally (from a slacker prospective), Holy Light spam the non-beaconed target, use HoPo on Light of Dawn in scorpion phase and WoG in cat phase. Use Judgement on CD, use Holy Radiance on CD in cat phase (use CDs on scorpion phase when it picks up pace), and cheese the meters doing 20k HPS(/w abs). Additionally you will finish the fight with 100% mana.

This would be far from optimal but it would give the veneer of competence. To supplement this kind of tactic, swap DL for HL, and use DL on beaconed target for more HoPo (more LoD's). Aura mastery in Scorpion phase, HoS in cat on MT.

Also from ur meters (no offence), the Shaman is far too high, meaning the druid isn't trying as hard as well. In my guild our healing team was/is Shaman x2 and a Druid, both the Shaman's in my guild are excellent players, but unfortunately their class is suboptimal atm, meaning my MS is mostly Holy for now. The healing setup is fine for all normal modes, but getting into HC encounters, the Shaman class seems to lack efficient throughput for 10 man. However both play enhance very well, and we have few melee players, so we can accommodate them both in the same raid still
    Last edited by mmocac353aee8c; 2011-08-06 at 11:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Leave guild
    2. Join a guild with better progression
    3. ???
    4. Profit!!

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I have never been screwed over by any guild I was part of, because once I join a guild and spend some time with them, I will know whether this guild is something for me.

Deleted
    Not going to comment on your pally healing skills, because I've never played one and have nfc.

But from a quick glance at the logs and knowing the state of healing atm, a druid and shammy will always outheal a pally on the vast majority of the fights in FL, only Baleroc really favours the Pally (and Priest).

Plus from your logs, both the RDruid and the RShammy are getting DI if there are locks present, which whislt it is pants to put DI on a Holy Pally, it will certainly boost their numbers.

Long story short, you may be good / bad / brilliant, but imo there is no way you are ever going to outheal a resto druid with DI.

Yeah

1. You need to play better.

2. Get a new guild.

I have been in this spot before once when my gametime was going to run out and cause me to miss one raid so got on the next night everything fine days later I found an enh shaman apply from the horde side to our core 10 guild which is odd on the fact that it's a horde heavy server and they have many more guild and faster progressed. So eventually he joined and I had to step down from my raiding spot for a bit but it was during everyones burn out point amd we were down to maybe raiding once a week. So either me or him had a raid spot till recently a dk wasn't pulling his weigh and had to be sat. As it stand right now I'm online more and research my class more than anyone in the guild plus out dps everyone by a good bit. Anyways they picked him randomly to fill in permanently so the other night they were short a dps and was on rag so I step on board to help out. Now I knew our dps should be close to the same considering gear is mostly the same. So we pull everyone blows their CDs and well we reach first transition and I'm at 22k dps next is our hunter at 17k second to last on the list was the other shaman at a whopping 16.6k. They try and justify his lower dps because of him having a blue main hand weapon still and I have a 378 str weapon but like I told them it would create a 6k dps difference. Either way this week they won't be able to raid because they won't have the dps because well I just left for the top guild on the ally side of my server as luck would have it I random heroic into it's gm and he like my dps and personality and going from 10 to 25mans and has rag on farm alrdy so there is always something better around the corner. Btw in my old guild I was a founding member helping fish and make flask to gain the caldron and feast for our raids.

Sorry for the wall typing on an iPhone
    Last edited by enhance4life; 2011-08-06 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    http://f1.worldoflogs.com/reports/9xvvx2hopnfr2tvh/ are some of the most recent logs. We do have another raid after that but I was having latency issues so my healing was kinda down that night.

No there are no personality clashes. I'm a fairly quiet person so I don't tend to talk on vent much. I've been known to swap funny videos with the GM from time to time but I mostly keep to myself and do my own thing. I'm not the type of person who goes around saying "I'm the best ever! you should learn to play hurr hurr!" or being generally arrogant. Most of my time there is usually only one or two online in non raid times so there is generally nobody to talk to outside of raids
    No offense mate but this is just what I would call : getting carried. I mean I got holy as an OS and I do more HPS, whereas the latency is mostly an excuse for underperformance and this will always be an excuse for underperformance. As long as people don't see you either teleporting nor standing still and see the disconnect on their raidframes it's just another lame excuse.

I mean :
    -Nearly no Holy radiance??? lawl
    - Divine lights are nearly never used???

If I got to be honest, if I were the RL I would search for an other holy pala just because your getting carried whereas most pala healers should be close to the other healers and what I see is that you are 11% away from the healing amount done by the other 2 healers which just means your getting carried.

All this drama ... prolly why I refuse to raid at all, not because I cant pull 15k HPS but because I hate all the stupid petty drama that goes with raiding.

Yuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    All this drama ... prolly why I refuse to raid at all, not because I cant pull 15k HPS but because I hate all the stupid petty drama that goes with raiding.

Yuk.
    I'd hardly consider attempting to replace someone who doesn't perform up to par "stupid petty drama".

Whether you're being carried or not I don't know and can't really tell. Didn't even bother to look at the logs, I can't stand playing a healer because I prefer to run stock and heals require a lot of macros, add-ons and a willingness to just watch health bars.

But on to drama.

So in BC my guild was one of those always trapped in Kara type guilds. Which wasn't so bad, we had a lot of good company, but it was very annoying that in our 25-man group the moment we had a DPS or healer geared up they'd be poached by a guild in higher progression. Which is a pretty common story, where you just can't get the tanks where they need to be - this is why I was happy to see the resistance fights go away.

Anyhow, I had some good folks on and started running a weekly Kara. We'd do the whole thing every Saturday morning. Loot-wise we'd have been better off farming PvP, but we had fun and the group got on well together and enjoyed raiding with each other.

All except one guy.

This dude was like 15 years old but with a smokers rasp. So his voice was always cracking and well, he'd do his job fairly competently, but he was so utterly annoying. No one could stand him.

But I was a pretty nice guy, so I kept him in.

We just made a rule that he couldn't talk.

So for the most part everyone was happy, except for the one eager as a puppy girl whom I'd never take because we never got geared enough to carry them. Which is a shame because she was super-friendly, just dumb as a post and trying to play mega-complicated feral.

Other than that the only really huge drama I can ever remember was when I kept the guild together for LK and then the guild leaders who took 2 months longer than everyone else to level to 80 came in and changed us all from a loot council. (Me.) To a bid system, which would have been fine if we were on progression content, but not so hot on farm content where people wanted to try and save points for better gear and stuff they couldn't use got sharded.

Anyway, you're a healer. Even if you're not the best on the block you've got major cache. No healer ever looks long for a PuG or a new guild.

DPS has it slightly worse than them and tanks have it worst of all because no guild likes trusting a random tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I'm sorry to say but it sure looks like you are getting a bit carried by the other healers...
    I don't see any Holy Radiance and what's worse, where are your Divine Lights?? That's basically the main heal along with Holy Light (used when bored and all are 90%+ with no apparent danger incoming). I can understand that you must struggle a lot with mana with all that Flash Of Light spamming (I think I never used that spell outside of pure panic-healing or stuff like Chimearon (or whatever that sleeping doggy is called). Granted, I stopped raiding just before 4.2 hit so perhaps Flash of Light is the way to go now.. but if pally-healing is anything like 4.1 still... then your numbers are not stating that you're a very good healer and your RL might sadly be correct.
    I was a officer in a raid guild that recruited a guildies arena partner who swore he was good. We went for BH one day where he pulled a solid 6 - 8k hps and raged at everyone because we couldnt down agaloth (bear in mind most people wernt geared for raids, me being one of the few). It got to the point where I snapped and pointed out his hps was shit, and he then said I was harassing him, bear in mind he was raging at the GM and his GF in guild chat.

One day he was whining again. And he said all british are gays. So I told him, ok I'm going to harass you know. And I proceeded to grief the shit out of him until he rage logged off too prove a point. He then stopped claiming I was harassing him lol. And of course his arena partner kept score, I won.

In the end (after I'd left wow) my old GM told me that this resto druid had left the guild and joined one of the top guilds on the server. A couple of weeks later my old GM asked the GM of the guild the druid joined about the druid and was told that they'd benched him because of his bad attitude. And ye this is after him raging in basically every raid and coming bottum on hps most of the time, sometimes he would pull average hps.

(I was a resto sham/raid lead)

Basically my point is people disillusion themselves. someones already said that they think no holy pally should be behind a resto sham on most fights, and I agree. I once outhealed a holy pally with me on 11k hps and him on 9k, bear in mind he introduced himself as a raid good healer.

Deleted
    You sound like you think you are playing well, but the question is do you? I've yet to meet a guild that will replace anyone who plays good (unless personal issues come, but you said you had none).

I very highly suggest you check out the Holy guide down in the Paladin forum here. It will help you a lot.

I play a holy pally as a main, and would honestly just echo what everyone else has said. You're using the wrong heals and you need to learn to use your cds.

That, and looking at your armory... you might want to pick up a few reckless gems to activate your meta.

Only time I ever got screwed over is on gear. Gear going to alt over my main.