Deleted

Disc vs Feral (pvp)

Hey MMO.

I've been playing Disc 2v2 for a while now, and have recently switched partners to a warrior.
    The only thing that's really getting to me in 2v2 are Feral Druids. This isn't so much a QQ (Even though they're OP!), but a question as to how I should be dealing with them. It seems as though in any combo, with their instant cyclone/heals/bearform+cds/burst, I can't seem to counter them.

I usually end up silencing them with the B-elf racial for their first swiftness, fearing for the second (if I haven't had to fear from damage) - which is usually trinketed, then after that there seems to not be much I can do. Especially if they're with a mage.

My armory is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Aturu/simple, and you can find my 2v2 partner through there too, if that helps!

TLDR: How does I deal with ferals?!

Edit: Nevermind, armory updated!
    Last edited by mmocfa3b6f5501; 2011-10-26 at 10:11 AM.

Disc/war in 2v2 is rather screwed against feral + random dps as you have no tools for peeling the feral of from your healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're playing with a Warrior. That's pretty much the worst choice you could have against a Feral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    You're playing with a Warrior. That's pretty much the worst choice you could have against a Feral.
    Mhmm, I kind of guessed that already. Was just wondering if there's any trade secrets for discs when it comes to ferals.

Quote Originally Posted by Unifybe View Post
    Mhmm, I kind of guessed that already. Was just wondering if there's any trade secrets for discs when it comes to ferals.
    Force the druid to trinket your fear early on, and have your warrior go to town with throwdown on the druid, that's your best chance.
    Troll druid cat form - Tiger -

Epic.

juke skull bash.... 'nuff said .... no but seriously i dont ever have a problem with ferals. as long as u can juke and fear on CD, cause they cant get out of fears like warriors can anymore so ur golden.

Although i doooo have a big problem with a good DK... but thats a whole diff. topic
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Really isn't any tricks for beating ferals, they are easier to heal through than DKs. Save PS for berserk. Stoneform rip if you are a dwarf. Clean him at the start of the game then keep him on focus target and try to dispel 'Predator's Swiftness' instantly to prevent him from getting instant casts. Cyclone range is short so if you keep max range you can avoid them and he just wastes time running at you, which should be easy enough with a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest way to learn to lol @ ferals is to play one, and understand what makes them feel OP and also counters them.

My easy answer to beating a feral druid: Forget kiting, stand with your back to a wall and use as many instant heals you dare. Feral druids lose 80% of their momentum if they can't shred you, which is easiest if you try to kite. Put your pack to a square pillar, or a wall, and strafe away from them. It works very well against Sub Rogues as well, and is VERY annoying to deal with if you play as a feral/rogue with another healer.

This is of course harder to do if its a double dps team, but thats what your partner is for. Master preventing shred and you will take what feels like 60% less damage from druids. Watch out for berserk though, because mangle spam can still hurt lots, and you will want to blow a bubble/PS/fearbombs as much as possible.

Juke skullbash, dispel all the predator swiftness so he can't cyclone your warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    Easiest way to learn to lol @ ferals is to play one, and understand what makes them feel OP and also counters them.

My easy answer to beating a feral druid: Forget kiting, stand with your back to a wall and use as many instant heals you dare. Feral druids lose 80% of their momentum if they can't shred you, which is easiest if you try to kite. Put your pack to a square pillar, or a wall, and strafe away from them. It works very well against Sub Rogues as well, and is VERY annoying to deal with if you play as a feral/rogue with another healer.

This is of course harder to do if its a double dps team, but thats what your partner is for. Master preventing shred and you will take what feels like 60% less damage from druids. Watch out for berserk though, because mangle spam can still hurt lots, and you will want to blow a bubble/PS/fearbombs as much as possible.

This.

I know cuz I play a feral >.> I once played against a priest whom in the dalaran arena stood against the ledge with his back facing it. If I tried to get behind I would just fall down. Very annoying to try and deal with. But just know if the feral charges you no matter if your back is against a wall/ledge he will be "behind" you and able to shred unless you move. Turn around and get him to move then go back to the wall/ledge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizgarth View Post
    This.

I know cuz I play a feral >.> I once played against a priest whom in the dalaran arena stood against the ledge with his back facing it. If I tried to get behind I would just fall down. Very annoying to try and deal with. But just know if the feral charges you no matter if your back is against a wall/ledge he will be "behind" you and able to shred unless you move. Turn around and get him to move then go back to the wall/ledge.
    Ah interesting, I have been putting my back to walls for years against ferals over trying to kite them (though I play shadow not disc), but recently I was discouraged by ferals somehow still shredding me on flat walls - so I thought blizzard stealth buffed the radian of being "behind" - but that explains it - now time to fight some more ferals!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a matter of positioning and smart ferals. Most ferals give up when they see your back against the wall.

In most spots however, it's still possible to shred from the side or simply put your head through the opponent to get shreds off due to how wonky the catform model is.

There's a few spots where you can not shred your opponent, but most people aren't good enough to utilise them or even utilise them properly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    It's a matter of positioning and smart ferals. Most ferals give up when they see your back against the wall.

In most spots however, it's still possible to shred from the side or simply put your head through the opponent to get shreds off due to how wonky the catform model is.

There's a few spots where you can not shred your opponent, but most people aren't good enough to utilise them or even utilise them properly.
    Probably because only ferals on alts would know them... any chance you would like to tell us some? ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly... no :P

I'll only share the pillars in BEM because everyone already knows those. Even then, most people are too worried to fall off to block out shreds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get a deacent hunter or mage for 2's - Fuck melee :P