Deleted

Anub HC problems

Hey all i tried making a pug to ToGC and all went fine till we hit anub his health shot up when we hit p3 and we did no healing for the 1st 20secs and anub went to 50%.

We ened up trying it with 15 ppl but we got owned lol.

Have any of you tried it lately if so how have you done your kill?

any help be great thanks in advance

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    The thing is (don't hang me up on this, not entirely sure) that he takes a % of your health and converts it into his health. Now that we have a 5x as big health pool as we had back then, it's a lot harder.

Don't know if it's supposed to be that way, but it was last time I tried :P

stop healing BEFORE p3

well, at least don't heal above 40k

it takes off a % but a mim ammount of 250 HP so just keep everyone about 10k lust, and btw only bring like 1 or 2 healers

Having people run into spikes when he burrows and then not healing them up works wonders.

Arioon
    Use 5 healing stream totems or shadowpriests for the p3, and tell your healers to focus on tanks and people affected by penetrating cold.
    I managed to kill him with a pug on my realm after some wipes because healers feared that the totems wouldn't be enougth, then I think they understood when i have activated my berserk (we were all at 100%hp before 30%, it's not the real problem, and the dps was good enougth to skip the p2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Have people grab a few stacks of the nature dmg dot that the little adds in the transition phase do. And tell the healers to just NOT heal them when those people go down in health.

Also, before the start of P3, people should cancel any kind of stamina buffs that are in the raid.

Then, in P3, there won't be much AoE-healing. Back when Anub was current content, a shaman's totem that was ticking for roughly above 500 hp every 2 seconds was enough to keep his group alive. Today, 1-2 shadow priests should suffice to keep the entire raid at low health. That means that your healers in P3 will only spam the tanks and look after the people who get the debuff, though they shouldn't need that much immediate attention anymore what with health pools having gone up so much.

The thing that was hardest to learn for any healer was always that almost-dead people were actually good. Barely visible health bars were what you were aiming for. There must not be any uncontrolled healing going on, no fancy procs or something. Just solid single target healing.

Just tell everyone to stop healing going into phase 3. Just bring 2-3 disc priests and rotate the bubble cooldown and you'll win.

Deleted
    do you know if the dk's ghould or army is affected by the leech debuff that heals anub?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugmán View Post
    do you know if the dk's ghould or army is affected by the leech debuff that heals anub?
    Pets are not affected

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bother, took my guild and the other top 2 guilds on the server one of which who got server first anub heroic, 2days to kill it and we put pen to paper a LOT, it's just nearly impossible really I mean, its doable but because of our health pools it takes a LOT , I like to believe we got server first anub heroic @ 85 simply because of the effort, it's probably harder than at 80, but I doubt that just takes concentration and knowing the fight really.

This was 3months after cata release btw and on heroic it started out as a pug, but it borders impossible with a pug we even had to use vent <.<
    Last edited by Mulled; 2011-08-07 at 02:44 AM.

It's still annoying, but not nearly as hard as at 80. Anyone saying that didn't do it at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    I wouldn't bother, took my guild and the other top 2 guilds on the server one of which who got server first anub heroic, 2days to kill it and we put pen to paper a LOT, it's just nearly impossible really I mean, its doable but because of our health pools it takes a LOT , I like to believe we got server first anub heroic @ 85 simply because of the effort, it's probably harder than at 80, but I doubt that just takes concentration and knowing the fight really.

This was 3months after cata release btw and on heroic it started out as a pug, but it borders impossible with a pug we even had to use vent <.<

This has to be the most awesome thing ive seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    it's probably harder than at 80
    Lol

10char

Yeah, I led a pug and got to Anub HC with virtually no deaths, had to extend the raid and call it eventually. What sort of Hp should we be aiming to be on when we go into P3 though? About 20k? Then just leave the shadow priests to keep us up
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Nop I haven't ... France always managed to win the wars ...

Edit: well, you know, kinda.

it's probably harder than at 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Codezlol View Post
    Lol

10char
    yes, I loled too
    I guess he never tried to tank it at lvl 80 with a full blocking gear, or healing it while all healers were assigned 1 target for penetrating cold.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Deleted
    you need to keep your raids health at 10% or around about only keep he tank topped up otherwise you will be forever hitting butter. just tell healers phase 3 dot heals should do.

10+ Year Old Account
    - shadowpriest/s
    - use heroism in p3 and nuke
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Get 2-3 healers for the tanks, tell them to only heal the tanks the entire fight, profit!