Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trying to eek out just a bit more

This is not your OMGFIXMYDPS thread. My DPS is pretty good BUT I want to push out more

Armory:
    im shadowenergy on US-Deathwing (since I cant post links yet :-\)

Rotation:
    CoE(as I run into position or starting) SB>haunt>corr>BoD>UA (sb is macroed with rune of zeth demon soul and blood fury) shadowflame if in range when nothing needs refreshed

I prepot mouse turn and use keybinds and soul swap macro when necessary. I wanna know if there is anything I could do to just eek out a bit more dps. Maybe I reforged wrong or something. I havent been able to find a good preheroic BiS list so ive been kind of winging it. I prefer affliction over all else. Is there anything I could adjust to push out more dps. I'm not exactly the best at min/maxing as i dont understand all aspects of it completely...any advice would be much appreciated. Is there anything i could do differently? I ranked 18th world for aff locks on major domo norm roughly 2 weeks ago so I know I do pretty high up on the dps but I just feel I could push out more and feel im missing something. Any advice or tip or constructive criticism would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

buffs:
    5% spell haste
    10% spell dmg
    mark of the wild
    DI on a resto druid
    3% dmg arcane tactics
    we have pretty much all caster buffs

for starters whats your average dps so we can see if we can try and get it up a bit?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

im generally running around 25k...depending on the fight sometimes its a bit less but on domo I was doing roughly 26k when we logged

---------- Post added 2011-08-07 at 05:21 AM ----------

oh sorry for double post but i forgot to add that DS during sub 25% phase reupping haunt at last possible moment to try to get that extra tick from DS. Refreshing dots and what not when needed

Switch your glyph of Healthstone with glyph of Shadow Bolt. Cheaper SBs = less life taping = more casting of stuff that does damage.

I'd kill for the amount of haste you have.
    Get 50 int to bracers.
    Put pure int gems in your hands and shoulders.
    Put DI on a valid DPS class (Spriest>boomchicken>fire mage>....look at the DI sticky). You might not be losing personal DPS because Trees give good uptime, but that 3% DoT damage will give your raid dps so much more than your Trees HoTs. By logic, more dps = faster kill time = bigger % of fight with CD's up = higher DPS for you.

AND FOR SHAME. You're missing a 67 Int gem. Stick it in your boots, unless you think you'll be replacing those.
    Last edited by Crisiszone; 2011-08-07 at 12:26 PM. Reason: I'm bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisiszone View Post
    Put DI on a valid DPS class (Spriest>boomchicken>fire mage>....look at the DI sticky). You might not be losing personal DPS because Trees give good uptime, but that 9% DoT damage will give your raid dps so much more than your Trees HoTs. By logic, more dps = faster kill time = bigger % of fight with CD's up = higher DPS for you.
    It's 3% nowadays. So target gets 3% haste + max 3% periodic damage / healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    It's 3% nowadays. So target gets 3% haste + max 3% periodic damage / healing.
    Derp. I'm living in 4.1 I guess. I'll edit my original post so I don't confuse anyone.

Deleted
    Your reforging look fine. However, a few gem changes might help ya a touch.

Your neck, switch the gem to Brilliant Chimera's eye,
    shoulder to 40 int,
    chest - dual 40 int,
    waist 20 int and 20 hit - brilliant chimeras eye,
    feet - brilliant chimeras eye

You can substitute the chimeras for good old inferno's if ya need to.

Wrist get the 50 int chant
    Hands get 65 mastery rating.

Gear wise get don tayo's mittens. balespiders legging when you get the valor (BiS pants), your rings can be replaced for the two AoH rep ones if/when you get the rep.

This isnt an end all, be all list, but just what i can see from the get go.

It should give you +100 ish int, 115 ish spellpower and a tiny amount of crit. (Not including physical gear piece changes)

Side note: When you get one good upgrade, please realize you might have to reforge 3+ pieces of gear to reap the full benefit. A lot of people make the mistake of only reforging the new piece and therefore lost a few stats that add up to a decent dps loss.
    Last edited by mmoc80b35b5c2d; 2011-08-07 at 12:40 PM.

harsesis i knew i forgot something...I was doing the nexus quest chain for the legendary and swapped it out since I was Drain tanking the end boss

crisiszone I dont have any of those:-( we have an ele shaman and an arcane mage for casters... our feral druid sometimes goes boomkin and the gem I must have dropped it when i switched gloves

renegadeimp ok question time
    1.) Would my gloves be fine gem wise since im losing 10 into for hit?
    2.) Chest im losing 20 int for 20 hit/20haste?
    3.) shoulders losing 10 int gaining 20 haste?

or is it ok to drop the haste for int since i have by passed the haste thresholds for both for raid/corr and BoA(altho not used unless soul swap is used)
    also im barely at hit cap and the change to enchant and 3 gems id lose 90 hit and gain 20? would it be worth dropping below hit cap?

Aren't the Tier gloves better itemized than Don Tayo's? and why tier legs? isnt the itemization of the stats poor for affliction? Also I do have the fingers of incineration that drop off ragnaros have et to wear them tho

Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post

Hands get 65 mastery rating.
    lolwut? Why would you enchant your gloves with 65 of Aff's worse stat over 50 of its best?

Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post

your rings can be replaced for the two AoH rep ones if/when you get the rep.
    When you're exalted take the hit/haste ring. Your other ring should be Crystal Prison Band, the spirit on the other rep ring is not worth it.

And @ the OP. Your haste is already in really good shape. You don't need to sacrifice Int, nor should you ever for just a bit more haste. Not as affliction anyway. People did this for Destro since 30% is huge for them; for affliction its not so big. Drop the hybrid gems and gem full int unless the socket bonus is 20 int or 30 of a good stat.

Your armory shows you at 16% hit.... The hit cap is 17% so you're not quite there. You're above 15%, you'll be fine.

The tier legs DO have worse itemization. Gearing all depends on your current progression. If you're only doing normals and downing Rag, take Chest/Legs/Shoulders/Helm and wear Rag's Gloves. If you're going into hard modes but don't plan on killing Heroic Rag for quite a while, you can take Chest/Hands/Helm/Shoulders and Alysrazor's legs (all these are the 391 versions sans the helm)
    Last edited by Crisiszone; 2011-08-07 at 09:00 PM.

i dont know why armory would show me at 16% my character sheet says 17.05%. Is the combination of rags gloves/tier pants better than tier gloves/alysrazor pants? We are currently working on heroic shannox. So ye we will be working so i should aim for the alysrazor pants/tier helm(which hopefully drops this week?

if you have items reforged to hit that are random enchants armory doesn't take that into affect on your character sheet whereas in game it will.

Depends how long it takes you to get to Alys and Bale on Heroic. To be safe and allow for a couple of weeks, just go for normal BiS. Rag gloves and tier pants to get your 4pc. Once you get heroic Tier gloves, you can replace the rag gloves and then drop the tier pants for heroic Alys pants. And then of course if you down H Rag eventually, go back to your original set up using H rag gloves and tier pants again.

The gloves are the off piece of the set. Your best going 4pc from head, chest, shoulder, and legs. Not saying the gloves are terrible but Rag's are just better.

The gloves are only the best off-piece if he can down heroic rag....
    If you can go 6/7H but are stuck there for months, why would you stick with 384 rag gloves, when you could have 391 tier gloves. At that point, there's no reason to continue using the Rag gloves. And then because you would have 5/5 tier pieces at that point, you can drop the poorly itemized tier legs, for the Alys legs until H Rag is downed. The BiS set is only BiS IF you have EVERY piece, not just a couple.

I see you should get

50int on bracers
    Get the socket bonus in your chest since you are under hit cap
    Reforge your volcano to hit(since you are gonna drop 50hit enchant on bracers)

There is also no reason to start off with shadowbolt since debuffs auto update on dots unlike self buffs.

Don't macro Rune or Demon Soul to anything. You need to self use both of these to get the max benefit for applying new dots and refreshing them before they fall too(since dots will keep those buffs you had even after they fall off you)

As said by others, if you can get your hands on 391 tier gloves and 391 alys pants roll that setup instead of 384 rag gloves and 378 tier pants, but that should be very obvious to everyone I would hope.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2011-08-08 at 11:31 PM.

Apparently not Jellos :P People see BiS and think its an upgrade to get 1 piece at a time and use it right away >.<

but I thought the general consensus was that 5% crit was still broken and not auto updating properly like other debuffs.

Not sure on that, but I know all other debuffs do...so its kinda hard to say for sure at least from my opinion.

Ok Understood BUT I AM HIT CAPPED...my helm is mastery/haste with the mastery reforged to hit i am at 17.05% hit or 1747 hit rating. My helm is random enchant and doesnt show the stats on the character sheet. I am hit capped in game just not through the armory due to my helm not showing the actual stats. Also wouldnt it be a dps increase to start with a shadowbolt given it will have one more application of shadow's embrace when the dots actually begin to tick? instead of one less stack by not starting with sb?

In all honesty 1 stack of shadows embrace make so little difference over the course of a fight. Your talking a couple hundred damage. Not dps. Damage.