Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Funny because we learnt from Thralls initiation quest that air was the element of reasoning. If air is the element of reasoning, How is the elemental lord of air one of the most chaotic? SHouldnt the most chaotic be fire (rage) and water (love)?
    They are ALL chaotic, though perhaps at different levels. You're confusing "chaos" with "anger or rage". Chaos just refers to something disorderly and unpredictable, and when talking about living chaotic beings with a personality you can probably throw in "fickle" as another quality.
    Air probably is the most reasonable. Do you read/listen to what the Servant and Lords of Al'Akir and Al'Akir himself say? They all sound very noble and not rageful at all. Al'Akir's story was simply non-existent.
    Last edited by Senka; 2011-08-09 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Element and Elemental, there's your difference. That's why the elements (even of fire and air) helps the shaman against the Elemental and their Lords.
    Yeah but theres the thing, some elementals seems to be having their elements distinc nature (ragnaros rage, therazane's "ground") which makes sense (since they rule that element and are made of that element it would make sense they have a lot of the distinctive nature of it) but others like al'akir doesnt seem to have them. Its kinda weird.

Also, the common elements help the shaman because he have some powerr over them, they dont do it willingly, the only ones that willingly help the shaman are the outlands furies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I think they just dropped the ball with Al'Akir. We had an entire patch about how difficult and trying it was to both invade the Firelands and cut down Ragnaros; yet we waltz into another elemental plane, kill all of its inhabitants, and cut down its lord with barely a single rhyme or reference.
    I disagree. Half of Uldum, Lost City, and Vortex Pinnacle all had us pushing back against Al'Akir's forces. The forces of Air recruited Neferset, whom we topple. Vortex Pinnacle could be roughly compared to the Molten Front, minus the dailies. Remember, too, that the final boss in Lost City was the fourth member of the Conclave of Wind. Our entry into Throne of the Four Winds/Skywall was possible thanks to the whole team not being there to keep us out.

Also, Ragnaros is a little more experienced. He battled against us before we had all sorts of leet epix.

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    They are ALL chaotic, though perhaps at different levels. You're confusing "chaos" with "anger or rage". Chaos just refers to something disorderly and unpredictable, and when talking about living chaotic beings with a personality you can probably throw in "fickle" as another quality.
    Air probably is the most reasonable. Do you read/listen to what the Servant and Lords of Al'Akir and Al'Akir himself say? They all sound very noble and not rageful at all. Al'Akir's story was simply non-existent.
    I am not confusing chaos with anger, but anger and love are two chaotic forces, reason and "calmness?" are not chaotic. If anything the most chaotic elementals lords should be fire and water.

Also, the common elements help the shaman because he have some powerr over them, they dont do it willingly, the only ones that willingly help the shaman are the outlands furies.
    This is quite wrong. The whole of the shaman ideology is borrowing the power. As soon as you start trying to take it, the elements may not be so willing. The word "commune" is used a lot in relation to shamans and the elements. Communing is basically having a nice fireside chat. Check Rise of the Horde for when the elements decide "Nah, this isn't for us."
    Last edited by Imadraenei; 2011-08-09 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    This is quite wrong. The whole of the shaman ideology is borrowing the power. As soon as you start trying to take it, the elements may not be so willing. Check Rise of the Horde.
    In the shattering they made clear that the shaman has power over the elements and thats why they help them.

Some only need the shaman to ask them and convince them, some need the shaman to force them to help them (like the spark that Thralls force to stop burning orgrimmar). More into the novel Thralls says that if the elemtns dont help him he will force them to.

Maybe in Rise of the Horde he was not powerfull enough. Or maybe its another contradiction in the Lore (like the arthas was weakened or not in the fight against illidan, which now changed thanks to blizz).

Deleted
    Yeah but theres the thing, some elementals seems to be having their elements distinc nature (ragnaros rage, therazane's "ground") which makes sense (since they rule that element and are made of that element it would make sense they have a lot of the distinctive nature of it) but others like al'akir doesnt seem to have them. Its kinda weird.
    But they are still chaotic. Therazane is grounded, but she still hates anyone that is of flesh, for example.

The Water Elemental is the one of doubt, yet Neptulon is the most powerful of the Elemental Lords.

That's the Taunka school. The normal shamanistic school the shaman does ask for the elements for help and depends on the connection of the shaman with them to the elements to accept or not. That's shown in Shattering, that only Thrall was able to calm down the fire elements destroying Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did this become a Thrall discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    But they are still chaotic. Therazane is grounded, but she still hates anyone that is of flesh, for example.

The Water Elemental is the one of doubt, yet Neptulon is the most powerful of the Elemental Lords.

That's the Taunka school. The normal shamanistic school the shaman does ask for the elements for help and depends on the connection of the shaman with them to the elements to accept or not. That's shown in Shattering, that only Thrall was able to calm down the fire elements destroying Orgrimmar.
    I never said they werent chaotic, i said that the most chaotic (note the most word) should be fire and water.

I didnt know about two different schools, Thrall in the shattering forces the spark to stop and then more into the novel he speaks that he will force the elements if they dont help him.

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    How did this become a Thrall discussion?
    It's not, we are using Thrall because is the shaman we have more info about, and we are trying to figure out the nature of the elements and elemental lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    They allied with Deathwing not each other. Pretty sure all of the elements hate each other slightly cause they all want dominant control over the elemental planes. Therazane prob didn't join because deathwing made a giant ass hole in the roof of her house leaking these fleshy things into her domain. As for neptulon he prob didnt join cause dragons can't swim so DW didnt get a chance to persuade him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I think they just dropped the ball with Al'Akir. We had an entire patch about how difficult and trying it was to both invade the Firelands and cut down Ragnaros; yet we waltz into another elemental plane, kill all of its inhabitants, and cut down its lord with barely a single rhyme or reference.
    Yeah, we should have planted a tree in Skywall aswell. Trololol......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Yeah, we should have planted a tree in Skywall aswell. Trololol......
    Should have established a Speech Therapy school up there. Through communication we can avoid all further conflict.

Is ragnaros working with deathwing ? (I have seen this connection made nowhere within the game)
    I have seen no evidence that supports the theory that Al"akir is either.

They both appear to function as free agents now that they have a way off the elemental planes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Is ragnaros working with deathwing ? (I have seen this connection made nowhere within the game)
    Deathwing summoning Ragnaros in Hyjal?

Was probably just a misunderstanding.

*ER Rep* "Yo AL buddy, we are goin to war against Deathwing and Rag you want in?"

*Translator* "They say yo momma is fat and they will kick your arse"

*Al'akir* "THIS MEANS WAR MORTALS"
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BodycountQQ View Post
    None of them serve the old Gods anymore and haven't for quite some time. Therezane and Neptulon decided against allying themselves with Deathwing.
    Therezane was sick and tired of Deathwing littering Deepholme with dragon droppings and making the place a general mess. Plus he snored. She was glad to be rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    I have seen no evidence that supports the theory that Al"akir is either.

They both appear to function as free agents now that they have a way off the elemental planes
    Yes it is, in one of the first quests in Hyjal is shown.